The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

9 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

On the happy side, I'm pumped about pro dirt bike racing this year. Another big race tomorrow (Sat) night. They have a new system this year called Supermotocross because they wanted  playoffs like every other sport has. 

You get points for Supercross, which is racing in stadiums. You get points for Motocross, which is racing outdoors. And then they have a 3 race playoff for everybody who has accumulated enough points in both to qualify.

I hope Emma Tisdale makes the playoffs! Let 'er rip! You know how they hang a stick in front of a horse to get it to walk? They should fly a drone in front of her with a picture of Jesse on it. 

Sounds like a great idea Roger!

Here's the NFL playoff picture: 

Today the Chiefs face the Jaguars at 4:30. The winner of that game faces the winner of the Bills-Bengals game who play tomorrow at 3:00. 

Today the Eagles play the Giants at 8:15. The winner of that game faces the winner of the Cowboys-49ers who play tomorrow at 6:30.

Edit: times are Eastern Standard Time

Edited by RogerDuke

19 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Here's the NFL playoff picture: 

Today the Chiefs face the Jaguars at 4:30. The winner of that game faces the winner of the Bills-Bengals game who play tomorrow at 3:00. 

Today the Eagles play the Giants at 8:15. The winner of that game faces the winner of the Cowboys-49ers who play tomorrow at 6:30.

Edit: times are Eastern Standard Time

Thank you Roger for keeping us updated. :) I didn't even know who all was still in it. 

Sounds like a relaxing day for you. Not for the losing football teams tho. It snowed a bit last night. I can't wait for spring! I am done with Winter and snow. I wish I could hibernate. At least until NASCAR season and then just come out for the race. HA.

I spent most of the day trying to find a book online for my classes and am now talking to an agent trying to find it. It's so frustrating and stressful. Why does everything have to be so difficult? 

It'll be OK. Hope you all have a great week.

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

It's down to 4 teams. The Chiefs will play the Bengals. The Eagles will play the 49ers. The winners of those 2 games go to the Super Bowl.

Jeff Gordon is a 49ers' fan...so let's go 49ers!!!! Plus their kicker use to be a Bear...he should still be a Bear if the Bears weren't dumb and trade him.  He's good as Gould! (Robbie Gould) 

19 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Now we are back to NASCAR as all that started out in NASCAR and it kinda ruined Brandon's career as it's now overshadowed with politics and sadly all he did was do his job...win the race.

I'd do something with it if I was him, like have BRANDON painted on the hood! Free publicity! 

• 3 weeks later...

Did some test driving Friday. Drove a Buick Regal tourx. Those are rare and since the wife is getting the new car I figured I got to take the chance to drive one since one showed up at a local dealer for sale. It handled great for it's size. Then we went to another dealership to see what they had and they just got in a 2014 Chevy Impala with the options she wants and without the moon roof and only 5,000 miles. It still had the new car smell too. It sure was nice but after doing some research we decided not to buy it since the 2018-20 model years are Consumer reports best buys since Chevy worked out most of the issues. One main issue was the trunk leak from the brake light area and the fix is a new rubber foam gasket to replace the thin one that was put on at the factory between the brake light housing and body. Unfortunately gm doesn't think it's a recall-able issue even though it effects every single one they made till the put the new gasket on 2018 or 19 models. Dealers charge anywhere from $600-1200 just to do this gasket replacement.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Did some test driving Friday. Drove a Buick Regal tourx. Those are rare and since the wife is getting the new car I figured I got to take the chance to drive one since one showed up at a local dealer for sale. It handled great for it's size.

In Europe this is the Opel (Vauxhall in the UK) Insignia Country Tourer. The sedans are reasonably popular here.

On 2/12/2023 at 2:44 PM, HossC said:

In Europe this is the Opel (Vauxhall in the UK) Insignia Country Tourer. The sedans are reasonably popular here.

They are really nice cars. Really wish I was getting the new car as I would get one.

Well my dad for some reason or another cancelled getting the stent put in his carotid artery this past Tuesday. The surgeons don't want to do the heart surgery without getting the stent put in as the risk of a stroke is too great because his right carotid is over 90% blocked. I don't know why but I wish he'd make his mind up one way or the other about the heart surgery and stop putting the rest of us through the emotional rollercoaster.

• 2 weeks later...

Kids these days I swear...here we are busting a** at work while one of our coworker's called in sick. Turns out he isn't sick at all, he's selling crap on some app called Whatnot or something. One of my other coworkers is live streaming this :censored: online sale. Hope the boss sees it too and gives him a good reaming. No wonder this country is in the mess it's in with bums like this.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Kids these days I swear...here we are busting a** at work while one of our coworker's called in sick. Turns out he isn't sick at all, he's selling crap on some app called Whatnot or something. One of my other coworkers is live streaming this :censored: online sale. Hope the boss sees it too and gives him a good reaming. No wonder this country is in the mess it's in with bums like this.

you could always email him with the info. and let him see it! :)  ( NOT being a snitch....just a conscientious  observer! :) )

Just got done puppy-sitting for my brother-in-law for a week. That was stressful. It's only 5 months old but is twice as big as our 2 year old dog and they never got along all week. And the puppy had diarrhea all week...and brought ticks in and barked in the middle of the night and chewed stuff up. Talk about high maintenence. I'm so glad he's gone. Despite all that, I'm kinda missing him. He did have a lovable side. I bet he's glad to be home too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today is March 17th, and I live in Ireland, so it won't surprise y'all to know that I went to the St. Patrick's Day parade this afternoon. It probably also won't surprise anyone that it rained on and off for a lot of the day. It obviously wasn't on the scale of places like Dublin, but the kids in the parade seemed to be having a good time despite the weather. After that, we saw a genuine old-fashioned flea circus! Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so that I can go on the Ferris wheel and antique carousel.

14 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

WHAT is a flea circus?? ( surely there are no FLEAS involved!)

The original ones did! Here's David Attenborough showing a couple of performing fleas.

The one we saw is worked with magnets, pulleys and showmanship to feed the kids' imaginations. It looked virtually identical to the one in this video.