Where is everyone??

I have been looking around the net for something good to read with a Dukes of Hazzard theme to it, so I naturally stopped in here and see no one has posted this year.  What's up??  Where is everyone?   If any one is interested in a collaborated story effort or has any ideas, yell!  Sometimes "life" gets in all our ways but I'll pitch in where I can.  DixieDavenport

Edited by DixieDavenport

It's good to hear from you Dixie. I've missed you. I'd be interested in doing a role play if you want to. Did you see you one I was doing with Susan? You could take over her spot if you want. I doubt she'll be back and I'd hate to see it go unfinished. Please keep posting. I still have hopes that folks will come back and get more involved again. 

Edited by RogerDuke

I know how you feel Dixie. It makes me sad that this old town isn't as busy as it used to be. I was just flipping though the first few pages of when the trivia thread started and missing the glory days and all my friends here who have left. I really don't want to join facebook but am seriously  considering it. I'd only use it to talk to fellow Dukes fans. As much as I love HazzardNet and am still loyal to it I can't stand the silence anymore. It's just getting too painful.  

Hey Dixie, Well...I'm sort of back, lol.  I forgot to post the update to Halls of Stone and Iron here, so I will.  Also, I'm in the process of going through all my Dukes fics and fixing a few things.  No one has complained (I've gotten plenty of raves, actually), but honestly, I tried to read them and I don't like the phonetic spellings in my dialogue.  (Like shortening to as t' and the as th' and droppiing g's of of words ending in "ing".)  To me, the story gets lost, and when you are reading a story where you know the characters, you already understand how they speak.  Fanfiction writing for me has always been a stepping stone to writing original fiction someday, and it's been a learning process of what works and what doesn't, what others enjoy reading, and what I enjoy writing (suspense/angst) and what I don't (any kind of love scene).  I've "fixed" all 70 Chapters of Halls finishing up the other fics.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...