I have a unique challenge for everyone

I need the name of an episode where there was a good bit of ambient noise/music in the Boar's Nest without specific dialog.

What I want to do is creat a loop of noise to play inside the Noar's Nest model I am currently building.  When anyone gets their face close to the model to look at details, I want them to hear the 'good times' going on inside.

mark

That's kind of hard because the Boar's Nest didn't have a house band, only occasional music from stars who got caught in Rosco's speed traps. I think sometimes they had a juke box and sometimes they didn't. That was very unpredictable. The best chance you have, would be, in my opinion, the music that was playing inside the Boar's Nest but could be heard outside by Bo and Luke and it was the Oakridge Boys live. I can't think of the episode......sorry! 

I'm looking for that mix of crowd noise and un-distinct country music that they typically ran in the background when other dialog was taking place- the same kind you reference as being heard outside when a character is outside.  But you bring up a good point- a loop of the 'speed trap victim' songs would be good to add as an alternate.  I could up one of those banners outside as well (Tonight only: The Oak Ridge Boys).

M

These are listed in order of episode name, performer and song although the title of the song may not be it's proper name.

Grannie Annie....Oak Ridge Boys...Old Time Lovin'

State of the County...Oak Ridge Boys....Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight

Find Loretta Lynn...Loretta Lynn...Ya'All Come!

The Hazzardville Horror....Tammy Wynette....Rocky Top

Good Neighbors Duke....Hoyt Axton....Cop in a Little Bittly Town

By-Line Daisy Duke...Dottie West....Even if you were Jesse James

Bye Bye Boss...Freddie Fender.....On the Bayou

The Great Hazzard Hijack....Roy Orbison...Pretty Woman

Double Dukes....Donna Fargo...Lone Star Cowboy

The Fugitive...Johnny Paycheck...Take This Job and Shove It

Hughie Hogg Strikes Again...Buck Owens...Tiger by the Tail

The Sound of Music Hazzard Style....Mickey Gilley....Object of my Affection

The Sound of Music Hazzard Style....Mickey Gilley....The Girls all get Prettier at Closing Time

Welcome Waylon Jennings....Waylon Jennings...She Don't Toe the Mark

The Hazzardgate Tape....Mel Tillis....Stay a Little Longer

Mel Tillis also appeared in The Rustlers but didn't sing in that one. Country music star Janie Fricke was in Happy Birthday General Lee but didn't sing. Stella Parton was in Deputy Dukes but didn't sing. She is Dolly Parton's sister and was also a country music singer at the time.

Edited by RogerDuke

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Roger Duke, I've just stumbled across this post and Thankyou!! *Gives Roger a big kiss*

This episode list is exactly what I need for reference / background checks for a piece of fic I'm working on! It's only a small piece, and it may never get finished, but I believe in details and this will help immensely! Thankyou!

Thankyou. I just hope there isn't a Mrs Roger Duke gunning for me, now! Lol!

Thankyou for the info, too. I have a minor character taking part in an 'Open Mike' night, and while it's just a fun piece, and I know it would pass muster around here (Folks on here are very nice) I prefer to keep as close to canon as possible. I mean, if you veer off too far, then it's not really Dukes any more, is it? (Does that make sense?)

I'd like to keep it in the early 1980s era and use just characters from the show but if we want to bring folks in from out of town who have never appeared on an episode that could be fun and creative. Do you like to play a particular character? I'd like to have the vast majority of my writing be from Uncle Jesse's perspective but I'm flexible. What do you think? 

Please go to "Role playing-Original characters" and check out the style in "Mystery in Hazzard Swamp" that I did with Garrett and let me know if you like that style of role playing. I've only done a couple of them so you're probably way more experienced. If you like the way that one was set up I hope we can figure out something out. Is there a particular theme for a story you like? 

Actually I think it's going to be the other way around re: experience. I haven't really done anything quite like this before, but it does look like fun! Improv, in fact! Lol!

Just the two of us, or has anybody else put their hand up, yet? It's often better with more - and I'm afraid I'm all out of ideas right now. Usually, I'm scribbling in at least two fandoms, but... let's just say that RL has been too much for my Muse lately.

You start something and I'll hop in when I can. How's that? Warning: I have a rather silly / slightly odd sense of humour, sometimes. :)  

Posting again because I can't figure out how to edit my previous post. Anybody know how???

Anyway, Roger, I think my brain is turning to mush, because I've just realised I have taken part in something like you propose, before! It was a round robin in another fandom. About a dozen people involved rather than just two. Very different in some ways, much like in others. Lots of fun either way, and yes, I'd love to do it again! Please.

As I said before - you start something, and I'll join you. (Look out HazzardNet! Bwahahaha!)

13 hours ago, Susan said:

Posting again because I can't figure out how to edit my previous post. Anybody know how???

I get an "Edit" button next to the "Quote" button, but I think that's only available to the Veteran's group. The Veteran's group was created after the last major forum update. It was originally suggested that "To join this group, you will have to meet certain criteria, such as being a member for over 2 years or having more than 100 posts." You certainly qualify on the longevity side, and are not far off in the number of posts. You have to opt-in to the group, so I'd suggest you PM Meadowmufn to state your case for becoming a Veteran.

Thankyou. I'll look into that.

Hmmm... I'm getting an edit button on the current post, but it disappears after about 5 mins. Odd. Shall definitely have to see if this is a bug or somehing only available to certain people, as you say.

Are you joining Roger and myself in the game? :) 

Edited by Susan

3 hours ago, Susan said:

Hmmm... I'm getting an edit button on the current post, but it disappears after about 5 mins. Odd. Shall definitely have to see if this is a bug or somehing only available to certain people, as you say.

The old forum software let you edit your posts for 10 minutes. I'm guessing that the new software is doing something similar. There are no restrictions once you become a Veteran, but I think you can see the sense in not making this privilege available until a member has proved themselves.

If the planned Wiki site gets off the ground, I think Mufn was only going to let Veterans edit it, at least to begin with, so you should ask about becoming one.