We lost James Best last night

It's still sinking in. I was lucky enough to have met him once in person and talk to him a couple times in the chat room here on the HazzardNet! He was truly one of a kind. My condolences go out to his family and fans, especially you Meadowmufn.

There will never be another James Best. I love him and will miss him forever.

Thanks, Roger. He was quite a character, definitely one of a kind. I was fortunate to spend a lot of personal time with him, fishing, talking, joking, discussing creative endeavors, and just plain carrying on. Jimmie would still tear up when he talked about Sorrell. I know they're together once again and that makes me smile.

I was saddened to hear this. James Best was a great actor. He and Sorrell were a great comedy team on the Dukes of Hazzard (which he and Sorrell took very seriously)... I think their act was very much as part of the success of the show as the car chases and stunts.

Jason

I was saddened to hear this. James Best was a great actor. He and Sorrell were a great comedy team on the Dukes of Hazzard (which he and Sorrell took very seriously)... I think their act was very much as part of the success of the show as the car chases and stunts.

Jason

Most definitely! if you ask me Sorrell and Jimmy made the show, which is strange, because the first two you think of are Bo and Luke!

Most definitely! if you ask me Sorrell and Jimmy made the show, which is strange, because the first two you think of are Bo and Luke!

I agree. In my opinion they were the best comedy duo in history.

People who aren't Dukes fans might disagree but the fact that they're not Dukes fans is proof right there that their opinions are a little confused.

I even heard one of them ( can't remember John or Tom, or where I saw it!) say that they had the look but the only real actors were Jimmy, Sorrell and Denver and that they learned a lot about acting from them!

I got to see Jimmie in action on the Dukes reunion set. Not only was he amazing in front of the camera, but I swear he knew more about the workings BEHIND the camera than anyone else on the set. His knowledge was amazing, such a talent. I'm so grateful he invited me to see that.

I got to see Jimmie in action on the Dukes reunion set. Not only was he amazing in front of the camera, but I swear he knew more about the workings BEHIND the camera than anyone else on the set. His knowledge was amazing, such a talent. I'm so grateful he invited me to see that.

You don't run in to that kind of talent in actors, much today! He and sorrell were a vanishing breed!

I guess I'll have to start accepting that Jimmie is gone but part of me doesn't have to believe it at all.

I watched the reunion movie once but I'll never see it again. Besides things like the General Lee being forgotten in a chicken coup and a frail Jesse being abandoned by Bo, Luke and Daisy the other thing that bothered me was the scene where Rosco did a tribute to Boss, who had passed on. I couldn't handle that. I'm sure the writers had good intentions but that is not the Hazzard County that I have known and loved these past 36 years. My Hazzard County hasn't changed a bit.

In my Hazzard County Boss is still scheming in his office at the Boar's Nest. Jesse is out plowing the back 40 with Maudeen the mule right now. Miz Tisdale is admiring him from afar as she sits on her dirt bike at the mailbox. And Rosco is yelling at his dipstick deputies on the CB because they let the Duke boys past the speed trap.

To me that's reality.

I guess I'll have to start accepting that Jimmie is gone but part of me doesn't have to believe it at all.

I watched the reunion movie once but I'll never see it again. Besides things like the General Lee being forgotten in a chicken coup and a frail Jesse being abandoned by Bo, Luke and Daisy the other thing that bothered me was the scene where Rosco did a tribute to Boss, who had passed on. I couldn't handle that. I'm sure the writers had good intentions but that is not the Hazzard County that I have known and loved these past 36 years. My Hazzard County hasn't changed a bit.

In my Hazzard County Boss is still scheming in his office at the Boar's Nest. Jesse is out plowing the back 40 with Maudeen the mule right now. Miz Tisdale is admiring him from afar as she sits on her dirt bike at the mailbox. And Rosco is yelling at his dipstick deputies on the CB because they let the Duke boys past the speed trap.

To me that's reality.

AMEN!!! This is a BIG +1!!! ( They made one reunion movie after Boss died....made another one after Uncle Jesse died.......nah....surely not!)

Thanks Hobie. I don't even like the new Auto Trader commercials. Okay, I have to admit I do love seeing Bo and Luke in the General Lee. What's not to love about that? It doesn't bother me that they look older. What I don't like is that they trade in their 1969 Charger. That would be like trading in Uncle Jesse for Willie Robertson. I love Willie and everybody on Duck Dynasty but Jesse can't be replaced.

Hi folks,

I haven't been on the forum much in recent months (as I've mentioned previously, I work and often live on the canal, so often don't have regular internet, and am always on the move to bother about it much anyway - in fact, I don't even own a TV now). But just had to pitch in and say what a shame we lost James Best, and relatively suddenly, too.

The day the news broke, I had rode up the canal into Camden Market in London (a 40-mile odd round trip). Ironically it was my Dad who text to tell me (""Rosco P. Coltrane has died"), after he heard it on the news. Sadly most of my family members are now gone and things with my parents aren't too great, but sitting with my Dad watching "Dukes" with my Dad each week is actually my first memory in life, so the fact that it was my Dad that, despite all differences, messaged to tell me, still from that early bond of watching Dukes all those years ago... I hope that would have somehow meant something to Jimmy.

I have had a little "Best of Rosco" mini-marathon, with "Mrs. Rosco P. Coltrane", "Coltrane Vs. Duke" and "Too Many Roscos" (guess I could have had "10 Million Dollar Sheriff" too, but always found that a bit awkwardly paced in parts due to the double length format). Anybody else done similar?

BTW, with Best's passing, am I alone in having a little bit of my heart sink, where I'd been hoping there might be one last 'Dukes' reunion. Of course, we lost Sorrel Booke and Denver Pyle some years ago, but with James Best gone, there would seem little point in a reunion any more, the core element of "the Sheriff chasing the Duke boys" is now gone. :(

I miss James Best so much.... Unfortunately I never met him in person but we were facebook friends. We talked a couple of times on there. I build model cars and about 5 years ago, I built the police cars from MPC that Enos and Rosco drove and I sent him a photo of his (Rosco's) cruiser and he loved it! He said "I love it, I love it, I love it" it made my day. He was a very nice person with a big heart, but I find comfort in knowing that he's reunited with his "little fat buddy" Boss Hogg, Uncle Jesse and Lulu.