Interior layout of the Boar's Nest

BTW, I liked the new plans. Did you notice that Rosco is seen in the closet in Boss' office in 'Opening Night at the Boar's Nest', but the interior is so dark that you can't see any details.

That is actually the first place I noticed the closet, so I've been looking for it ever since I started reviewing the episodes in order. The first time it appears is in Byline Daisy Duke. IIRC, Bo and Luke had to hide in there briefly?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:previous:

I was going to remind you of 'Return of the Ridge Raiders' which I mentioned in a post on the first page of this thread. Originally I thought that the wall on the right of the bar area (or the left of the screengrab) was flat, but then I went back to look at the scene again and realized that the Indian was hiding most of the corner where the wall goes back to Boss' office door. That means the layout is still consistent with your season 2 plan, except that the booth has been replaced by the small stage. I also realized that the picture of Whistler's Mother that I mentioned in my original post about this episode is on the wall behind the stage (it was partially hidden by the girl on the stage in my first picture). It's also worth pointing out that the top of the set is visible roughly in the center of screengrab below. To be consistent with the exterior, the ceiling should start from the dark beam above the "One Way" sign.

BoarsNestInt2_0220.jpg

:previous:

I was going to remind you of 'Return of the Ridge Raiders' which I mentioned in a post on the first page of this thread. Originally I thought that the wall on the right of the bar area (or the left of the screengrab) was flat, but then I went back to look at the scene again and realized that the Indian was hiding most of the corner where the wall goes back to Boss' office door.]

Yes, I thought that too when I started this- took me a few episodes to make sure that was a jog in the wall.

:That means the layout is still consistent with your season 2 plan, except that the booth has been replaced by the small stage..

Yea, there were numerous changes in furniture, placement of the pinball machine, etc. It was almost different every episode. At one point a pool table was even in the middle of the bar. I think the changing arrangements gave the illusion of the place being larger than it was.

It's also worth pointing out that the top of the set is visible roughly in the center of screengrab below. To be consistent with the exterior, the ceiling should start from the dark beam above the "One Way" sign...

In a few episodes early in season 1 they actually had a ceiling piece up there that followed that roof line (mimicking the exterior roof) as well as some poles in the middle of the set to look like supports. Seems like they abandoned the ceiling piece pretty quick- most sets have no ceiling if they can get away with it to make lighting easier.

M

"Bad Day In Hazzard" shows a 'supply room' someplace back through the 'receiving' doors. Its a separate little set not connected to the rest of the Boar's Nest set, so its exact location is vague.

Also- take a look at this: It's the edge of the set! That back wall that I previously mentioned was rarely seen after season 2.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttps://farm4.staticflickr.com/3925/15048584302_f335c67212_b.jpg' alt='15048584302_f335c67212_b.jpg'>BN edge of set by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

Finally finished reviewing ALL 7 seasons of Dukes looking for variations, additions, and details of the Boar's Nest. Other than what we've covered in this thread, I found that there is a ladder in the back closet that leads up to a hatch in the roof, a vent that a midget can crawl through, a 'store room' someplace back behind those double doors, and a double sink on a wall back there next to the exterior door.

Mark

• 10 months later...

This is a great thread!  I always liked how the Boars Nest interior looked in the early California episodes which made it resemble the Goorgia episodes Boars Nest.  It had the columns inside, an actual ceiling and the main bar room was wider than the later episodes.  It was also dimly lit which made it match the 'Georgia' episodes Boars Nest a bit closer.