2014 NASCAR Race Review and Results

Garrett Duke

Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was running a solid 10th when Jimmie Johnson hit him. He came back out in about 20th, but was almost taken out by his team mate, Carl Edwards. He finished a provsional 12th, but I felt he should have finished higher after running as high as 2nd in the middle of the race - not bad considering he slipped back to last soon after the start.

I liked the commentators' description near the end when they said that Jamie McMurray had received a whole litter of lucky dogs today :).

Well Hoss...twelfth place right now seems like a win. ;) Gordon led a lap...and finished 38th or so. So...it could be worse. Though despite all that...Gordon still holds the point lead by three points. So there is a positive end to it at least. Not that it will matter much if he don't have a win...well I guess if he has the most points he will get in, but still...he needs that win!

I thought that was funny / cute too when they said that about Jamie McMurray. ;)

Well Hoss...twelfth place right now seems like a win. ;)

It's even better than that - in the official results they placed Ricky Stenhouse Jr. in 10th :).

Here's the full list:

1 Denny Hamlin

2 Greg Biffle

3 Clint Bowyer

4 Brian Vickers

5 AJ Allmendinger

6 Paul Menard

7 Kevin Harvick

8 Kasey Kahne

9 Kyle Larson

10 Ricky Stenhouse Jr

11 Landon Cassill

12 Kyle Busch

13 Aric Almirola

14 Casey Mears

15 Austin Dillon

16 Michael Annett

17 Martin Truex Jr

18 Ryan Newman

19 Marcos Ambrose

20 Josh Wise

21 Cole Whitt

22 Danica Patrick

23 Jimmie Johnson

24 Terry Labonte

25 Michael Waltrip

26 Dale Earnhardt Jr

27 Justin Allgaier

28 Alex Bowman

29 Jamie McMurray

30 Carl Edwards

31 Ryan Truex

32 Joey Logano

33 Kurt Busch

34 Reed Sorenson

35 David Ragan

36 Michael McDowell

37 Matt Kenseth

38 Brad Keselowski

39 Jeff Gordon

40 David Gilliland

41 Trevor Bayne

42 Brian Scott

43 Tony Stewart

Congrats Hoss...glad Stenhouse Jr got a top ten. For you and for me...means I actually had a driver finish in the top on my free fantasy teams that I am in. This season has been an embarrassment so far seeing as most of my drivers (a few weeks all...) have some problem or another. In all three leagues...I am dead last. Sad...I know. :( But am sure Roger loves it! ;)

It's another Saturday night race this week with the 5-Hour Energy 400 from the Kansas Speedway.

Just for a change, I watched most of the qualifying this week. Kevin Harvick took pole with Joey Logano just behind. Garrett, you can blame Danica Patrick for knocking Jeff Gordon out of the top 12 in the second session. His final attempt to beat her time just failed, and he starts in 13th with Jimmie Johnson just behind. Danica went on to claim ninth - her second top 10 start in a row. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. was just too late with his last run in the second qualifying session and starts 20th (he managed 10th in practice 2, which is more hopeful). For Lizzy, Austin Dillon starts in front of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and Kyle Busch is a few places back in 24th.

Here's the full lineup:

1 Kevin Harvick

2 Joey Logano

3 Brad Keselowski

4 Carl Edwards

5 Kyle Larson

6 Kurt Busch

7 Ryan Newman

8 Tony Stewart

9 Danica Patrick

10 Greg Biffle

11 Jamie McMurray

12 Aric Almirola

13 Jeff Gordon

14 Jimmie Johnson

15 Brian Vickers

16 Paul Menard

17 Kasey Kahne

18 Justin Allgaier

19 Austin Dillon

20 Ricky Stenhouse Jr

21 Ryan Blaney

22 Dale Earnhardt Jr

23 Clint Bowyer

24 Kyle Busch

25 Marcos Ambrose

26 Martin Truex Jr

27 Casey Mears

28 Matt Kenseth

29 AJ Allmendinger

30 Denny Hamlin

31 Ryan Truex

32 Josh Wise

33 Alex Bowman

34 Michael Annett

35 J.J. Yeley

36 Cole Whitt

37 Reed Sorenson

38 David Ragan

39 David Gilliland

40 Landon Cassill

41 Travis Kvapil

42 Timmy Hill

43 Joe Nemechek

The race is tomorrow night (Saturday) at 7:30 PM ET on Fox.

Well y'all I apologize for my last post...I wrote this whole review up. Tried editing it only for my dang computer top decide not to have any internet connection...as it has been doing off and on all night. Am beyond frustrated with my computer right now...it has decided to put an end to a good night. Think I will just throw it out the window and end all my frustration...sounds fair enough to me. Right?

Anyway....the race got over an hour or so ago. I missed the beginning of the race tonight but did hear it started out in a rain delay and that I did miss a few wrecks. One of which was of Bowyer spinning out. Sorry I don't have much more details than that...

Kevin Harvick started out on the pole and led the most laps tonight and had a fast race car and was clearly the car to beat. Joey Logano led some laps to make it his six race this season to have led some laps.

Jamie McMurray was doing pretty good (think the announcers jinxed him...they kept talking about how good he is doing. I think mainly because he is from Missouri...) until his front right tire went out and threw his car into the wall hard. His night ended in flames as his car caught on fire. Poor Jamie...just can't catch a break it seems. So glad that he was able to climb out and be OK after that horrible wreck.

Then later on in the race, AJ Allmendinger bumped into Justin Allgaier who then ran into David Gilliland. Gilliland's car was smashed up and then also caught on fire. So glad AJ and David are OK. Both took a pretty big hit tonight. The announcers were talking about if that had happened back when they were racing, that it would have had a different outcome. :( Just too scary. Don't understand why cars are catching on fire so much this year, can't remember it happening like this...know Goodyear has made a new tire...don't know if that could be it or not. But it is super scary to watch!

Kurt Busch (who is on my fantasy team this week...as I said, I jinx all my drivers I pick!) spun out twice tonight.

Will give a shout out to Danica Patrick (who is also in my fantasy team and somehow missed being jinxed) who had a super good race tonight and finished in the top ten! May not be a huge Patrick fan, but am happy for her that she had a fast car and was able to capture a top ten. It is good for her and good for the sport. :D

Well, as I said, Kevin Harvick had a fast car tonight and earned the extra point for leading the most laps. It was his race to lose...which he did (by a half a second) due to pit stop strategy. Gordon was one of the first drivers to pit in the last pit stop (Gordon was running second behind Harvick at the time.) and had a good pit stop. Where as Harvick was one of the four last drivers to pit and had ran out of gas on his way to his pit stall. When the field cycled around after everyone pitted with eight laps to go...Jeff Gordon was leading the race! (Bet y'all can't guess was excited and nervous at the same time???!!!!) Harvick had a fast car and with slower cars on track, was almost to Gordon, but ran out of time as Gordon crossed the checkered flag a half a second before Harvick!

A few days ago Gordon reached his twenty year anniversary of his very first NASCAR Sprint (was Winston Cup back then) Win at Charlotte in 1994...and now has won his 89th career win! (89 wins in 20 years is just amazing to me...) Not only that...Jeff Gordon is now in the 2014 Chase...and I can breathe a little bit easier. LOL. I am super excited for this win and super proud of Jeff Gordon and his entire team in all the effort they put into today's race and every race...love their never give up attitude.

Not only did my man win tonight...but my entire Hendrick team has finished in the top ten tonight! Just the perfect late birthday gift to me...or maybe an early birthday gift to Denver Pyle whose birthday would have been today (May 11th) since it is now past midnight. LOL. Either way, I am beyond excited and on cloud nine with his win tonight and with how all my drivers did.

Here is the best laps of the race...OK that is of my opinion...but it is the last couple of laps of the Kansas race:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/5/10/nascar-sprint-cup-kansas-results-recap-standings.html

Well y'all I apologize for my last post...I wrote this whole review up. Tried editing it only for my dang computer top decide not to have any internet connection...as it has been doing off and on all night. Am beyond frustrated with my computer right now...it has decided to put an end to a good night. Think I will just throw it out the window and end all my frustration...sounds fair enough to me. Right?

Anyway....the race got over an hour or so ago. I missed the beginning of the race tonight but did hear it started out in a rain delay and that I did miss a few wrecks. One of which was of Bowyer spinning out. Sorry I don't have much more details than that...

Kevin Harvick started out on the pole and led the most laps tonight and had a fast race car and was clearly the car to beat. Joey Logano led some laps to make it his six race this season to have led some laps.

Jamie McMurray was doing pretty good (think the announcers jinxed him...they kept talking about how good he is doing. I think mainly because he is from Missouri...) until his front right tire went out and threw his car into the wall hard. His night ended in flames as his car caught on fire. Poor Jamie...just can't catch a break it seems. So glad that he was able to climb out and be OK after that horrible wreck. http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/videos/2014/5/10/sprint-cup-series-kansas-jamie-mcmurray-crash-car-catches-fire.html

Then later on in the race, AJ Allmendinger bumped into Justin Allgaier who then ran into David Gilliland. Gilliland's car was smashed up and then also caught on fire. So glad AJ and David are OK. Both took a pretty big hit tonight. The announcers were talking about if that had happened back when they were racing, that it would have had a different outcome. :( Just too scary. Don't understand why cars are catching on fire so much this year, can't remember it happening like this...know Goodyear has made a new tire...don't know if that could be it or not. But it is super scary to watch! http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/videos/2014/5/10/sprint-cup-series-kansas-wild-crash-for-gilliland-and-allgaier.html

Kurt Busch (who is on my fantasy team this week...as I said, I jinx all my drivers I pick!) spun out twice tonight.

Will give a shout out to Danica Patrick (who is also in my fantasy team and somehow missed being jinxed) who had a super good race tonight and finished in the top ten! May not be a huge Patrick fan, but am happy for her that she had a fast car and was able to capture a top ten. It is good for her and good for the sport. :D

Well, as I said, Kevin Harvick had a fast car tonight and earned the extra point for leading the most laps. It was his race to lose...which he did (by a half a second) due to pit stop strategy. Gordon was one of the first drivers to pit in the last pit stop (Gordon was running second behind Harvick at the time.) and had a good pit stop. Where as Harvick was one of the four last drivers to pit and had ran out of gas on his way to his pit stall. When the field cycled around after everyone pitted with eight laps to go...Jeff Gordon was leading the race! (Bet y'all can't guess was excited and nervous at the same time???!!!!) Harvick had a fast car and with slower cars on track, was almost to Gordon, but ran out of time as Gordon crossed the checkered flag a half a second before Harvick!

A few days ago Gordon reached his twenty year anniversary of his very first NASCAR Sprint (was Winston Cup back then) Win at Charlotte in 1994...and now has won his 89th career win! (89 wins in 20 years is just amazing to me...) Not only that...Jeff Gordon is now in the 2014 Chase...and I can breathe a little bit easier. LOL. I am super excited for this win and super proud of Jeff Gordon and his entire team in all the effort they put into today's race and every race...love their never give up attitude.

Not only did my man win tonight...but my entire Hendrick team has finished in the top ten tonight! Just the perfect late birthday gift to me...or maybe an early birthday gift to Denver Pyle whose birthday would have been today (May 11th) since it is now past midnight. LOL. Either way, I am beyond excited and on cloud nine with his win tonight and with how all my drivers did. :banana:

Here is the best laps of the race...OK that is of my opinion...but it is the last couple of laps of the Kansas race:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2014/5/10/nascar-sprint-cup-kansas-results-recap-standings.html

Final results:

1. Jeff Gordon

2. Kevin Harvick

3.Kasey Kahne

4. Joey Logano

5. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

6. Carl Edwards

7. Danica Patrick

8. Aric Almirola

9. Jimmie Johnson

10. Matt Kenseth

11. Ryan Newman

12. Kyle Larson

13. Brad Keselowski

14. Brian Vickers

15. Kyle Busch

16. Greg Biffle

17. Paul Menard

18. Denny Hamlin

19. Austin Dillon

20. Tony Stewart

21. Martin Truex Jr.

22. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

23. Clint Bowyer

24. Marcos Ambrose

25. Michael Annett

26. Casey Mears

27. Ryan Blaney

28. Cole Whitt

29. Kurt Busch

30. AJ Allmendinger

31. Joe Nemechek

32. Reed Sorenson

33. Josh Wise

34. Travis Kvapil

35. Alex Bowman

36. Justin Allgaier

37. David Gilliland

38. David Ragan

39. Jamie McMurray

40. Timmy Hill

41. JJ Yeley

42. Landon Cassill

43. Ryan Truex

Well we are off to Charlotte next Saturday night for some non-points racing at the All Star Race. Where it is all for fun...and all for the money. Probably all for the money for the drivers...but since us fans won't be getting any money, it'll be all for the fun. :) Though I do believe it would be fair if they would share some of that million dollars with me...I mean after all the time I spend watching the races and reading up on it and after all the NASCAR goodies I have bought, I think they should share some of it with me. Seems only fair, right? LOL :rofl:

Congratulations Garrett, you finally got the result you wanted.

I watched/listened to the whole race, and you didn't miss much at the start. At least two of the early cautions were for cars losing grip and spinning out on their own - I'm not sure why they need to throw a caution when there's no contact, no debris and the car that spun is safely out of the way on the apron.

After last week, I was hoping for a better result from Ricky, but he stayed in the 20s for most of the race and just missed out on getting the lucky dog a couple of times. He did, however, do a great job avoiding the spinning AJ Allmendinger. When David Gilliland's car caught fire, one of the commentators said "And that is unbelievable ... crash". We all know that the phrase he was looking for was "What a horrendous crash!" :)

Congratulations Garrett, you finally got the result you wanted.

I watched/listened to the whole race, and you didn't miss much at the start. At least two of the early cautions were for cars losing grip and spinning out on their own - I'm not sure why they need to throw a caution when there's no contact, no debris and the car that spun is safely out of the way on the apron.

After last week, I was hoping for a better result from Ricky, but he stayed in the 20s for most of the race and just missed out on getting the lucky dog a couple of times. He did, however, do a great job avoiding the spinning AJ Allmendinger. When David Gilliland's car caught fire, one of the commentators said "And that is unbelievable ... crash". We all know that the phrase he was looking for was "What a horrendous crash!" :)

I thought of you when I saw the video while putting it on my post and saw how close Ricky was to getting tagged in that "horrendous" crash. ;) I didn't see it or notice it at the time, but am surprised that he didn't get anything from that wreck. What talent and what luck. Glad everyone was Ok from that accident. Can really live without cars catching on fire like that...

Thanks so much!!! I was so excited about Gordon's win last night...and still am. Think my Facebook page shows that with my Gordon posts. LOL. He is now in the Chase and he is still number one in points right now...though would be third in the Chase since Harvick and Logano both have two wins. But the regular season isn't over yet...;)

post-2840-143050815548_thumb.jpg

This week it's the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race from the Charlotte Motor Speedway, where the winner gets $1 million. I have to confess, this race doesn't really interest me, and that was before my driver failed to make the starting lineup.

For anyone who's unfamiliar with the format, check out the explanation on NASCAR.com. That's where I found the graphic below which shows how the race works.

AllStarRace.jpg

The 19 drivers already in the race by various criteria are:

Greg Biffle

Kurt Busch

Kyle Busch

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Carl Edwards

Jeff Gordon

Denny Hamlin

Kevin Harvick

Jimmie Johnson

Kasey Kahne

Brad Keselowski

Matt Kenseth

Joey Logano

Jamie McMurray

Ryan Newman

David Ragan

Tony Stewart

Martin Truex Jr.

Brian Vickers

They'll be joined by Clint Bowyer and A.J. Allmendinger who came first and second in Friday night's qualifying race, and the winner of this year's fan vote, Josh Wise.

The starting lineup will be decided by a unique three-lap qualifying session two hours before the race.

The race itself is tonight at 9:00 PM ET on Fox.

Qualifying for the All Star race has just finished, and it was a little different to usual. Each driver had to do three laps including a four tire pit stop. There was no pit lane speed limit, and pit crew were not allowed over wall until their car had stopped in the correct box. Unlike previous years, the three transfer drivers also took part in qualifying rather than starting at the back. Kurt Busch and the transfer drivers didn't get a chance to practice the qualifying format.

Tony Stewart had to reverse into his pit box and broke his transmission. Denny Hamlin had a slow stop. Ryan Newman slid through his pit and stalled his engine. David Ragan overshot his pit box by several places. Jamie McMurray missed a shift exiting the pits - the commentators wondered if this damaged his engine. Jimmie Johnson was only doing 103 MPH as he left pit road (the fastest was around 110), but he unofficially got the fastest ever lap on 1.5 mile track. Carl Edwards had the fastest combined pit lane time, and went on to take pole. Kurt Busch was found to have a loose lugnut and got a 5 second penalty. The Hendricks cars all start together (4th to 7th), with Jimmie Johnson just one hundredth of a second behind Jeff Gordon.

The starting lineup is:

1. Carl Edwards

2. Kyle Busch

3. Kevin Harvick

4. Jeff Gordon

5. Jimmie Johnson

6. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

7. Kasey Kahne

8. Matt Kenseth

9. Joey Logano

10. Clint Bowyer

11. Jamie McMurray

12. Martin Truex Jr.

13. Brad Keselowski6

14. Greg Biffle

15. Tony Stewart

16. Brian Vickers

17. AJ Allmendinger

18. Kurt Busch

19. Josh Wise

20. David Ragan

21. Ryan Newman

22. Denny Hamlin

Well the 2014 NASCAR All Star Race is now done and over...where is the time going? Why the off season go by so slow and the season go by so fast...seems so unfair if you ask me! Anyway...

The race was separated into five different segments. Four twenty lap segments and a ten lap shootout. Carl Edwards started the race on pole and led the first ten laps before being passed by Kyle Busch who went on to win the first segment.

Second segment started with Denny Hamlin out front since he decided to stay out and everyone else pitted. Kyle Busch was racing pretty hard against Clint Bowyer when he passed him they kinda bumped and it sent Kyle Busch spinning only to collect Joey Logano hard against Kyle Busch. Luckily Kyle was OK...though he wasn't too happy with having to take the truck to the in field care center which is required when they wreck and can't drive the car back. AJ Allmendinger who raced his way in also had issues as he got loose and hit the wall. All three cars had to leave the track. Kasey Kahne went onto win the second segment.

Third segment had some pretty fast and competitive racing for the lead but no big wrecks. Kasey Kahne once again won the segment as he had a fast car...and a good car.

And then the four segment...which was the worst one if you ask me. LOL. Something went wrong or something broke in Gordon's car and it sent him up the track where he collected Greg Biffle and Martin Truex Jr and brought all three drivers to the garage and end their night early. Gordon had a fast car up until then and he was still unsure what went wrong when they interviewed him. Was guessing a left tire went out...but said the car just went up the track and that he hated it for the other two drivers that he took out. Kasey Kahne also hit the wall...not once, but twice which ended all hopes for him to win the race. .Though was able to stay out. Ryan Newman also hit the wall hard. Segment leader was Kevin Harvick.

Last segment was a ten lap shootout. Edwards started the segment out front due to pit selection and followed by Jamie McMurray. McMurray fought for the lead with Edwards before he got it on the first lap of the last ten laps. Harvick managed to pass Edwards as well and gave McMurray chase as he did Gordon last week...and got outran by Jamie McMurray. Jamie McMurray won the 2014 All Star Race...and a million dollars.

Jamie Mac may not race for my Hendrick team, but he is one of my favorite drivers. One of the good guys if you ask me and am happy that he won it. Just wish he would share some of that million dollars with me!

1. Jamie McMurray

2. Kevin Harvick

3. Matt Kenseth

4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

5. Carl Edwards

6. Jimmie Johnson

7. Clint Bowyer

8. Brian Vickers

9. Denny Hamlin

10. Brad Keselowski

11. Kurt Busch

12. Tony Stewart

13. David Ragen

14. Kasey Kahne

15. Josh Wise

16. Ryan Newman

17. Jeff Gordon

18. Martin Truex Jr.

19. Greg Biffle

20. Kyle Busch

21. Joey Logano

Well the Coca-Cola 600 will be next Sunday at Charlotte for some more night racing...and the longest race of the season! Gotta love that! Well I do at least. HA! Hope Gordon will rebound next week and am glad tonight's race isn't for points.

I should've checked the schedules, because, just like the first two practice sessions for this week's Monaco Grand Prix, qualifying for the Coca-Cola 600 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway took place yesterday (and I missed it). It's a mixed result for Garrett - Jimmie Johnson took pole, but Jeff Gordon is back in 27th. Brad Keselowski's second place makes it seven out of 12 front row starts this year. It was also another good session for Danica Patrick, who starts fourth. Ricky Stenhouse Jr starts in an average place of 23rd, but he was fourth in practice 1, so I hope that's a better indicator of his real pace. For Lizzy, Kyle Busch is in seventh, and Austin Dillon is back in 32nd.

The full lineup is:

1. Jimmie Johnson

2. Brad Keselowski

3. Kasey Kahne

4. Danica Patrick

5. Clint Bowyer

6. Denny Hamlin

7. Kyle Busch

8. Joey Logano

9. Marcos Ambrose

10. Dale Earnhardt Jr

11. Kevin Harvick

12. Matt Kenseth

13. Aric Almirola

14. Trevor Bayne

15. Martin Truex Jr

16. Brian Vickers

17. Justin Allgaier

18. Tony Stewart

19. Brian Scott

20. AJ Allmendinger

21. Paul Menard

22. Carl Edwards

23. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

24. Greg Biffle

25. Kyle Larson

26. Jamie McMurray

27. Jeff Gordon

28. Kurt Busch

29. Alex Bowman

30. Michael McDowell

31. Cole Whitt

32. Austin Dillon

33. David Gilliland

34. Casey Mears

35. David Ragan

36. Ryan Truex

37. Josh Wise

38. Joe Nemechek

39. Michael Annett

40. Landon Cassill

41. Reed Sorenson

42. Ryan Newman

43. Blake Koch

This week it's a Sunday evening race, starting at 6:00 PM ET on Fox.

I hope Kurt Busch makes it to the start of tonight's NASCAR race on time, because earlier today he came a very creditable sixth in his first Indianapolis 500. As soon as the race was over, he took a golf cart to a helicopter to a private plane to get him to Charlotte. On his way to the helipad, Kurt Busch commented "That's 500 down, 600 to go". Full story here.

I'm afraid I only got to see the first third of the Coca-Cola 600 this week - Saturday night races are bad enough for my timezone, but Sunday nights are just too late! Maybe Garrett will weigh in with a better summary.

Jimmie Johnson started on pole, and led most of the laps I watched. By the end he'd led 165 of the 400 laps, including the most important one - the final lap! That means that both of Garrett's drivers have qualified for The Chase in the last two points-scoring races. Kevin Harvick finished a strong second after leading 100 laps.

Danica Patrick did a great job to qualify fourth, but after a brief spell in second place near the start of race, she slipped back through the field until her engine gave up on lap 286. Kurt Busch started from the back of the grid after flying in from the Indianapolis 500 and missing the driver's meeting, but he also suffered a blown engine, meaning he couldn't complete his 1,100 mile double.

Jeff Gordon led eight laps and finally finished seventh - not bad considering he started 27th and missed the final practice due to a sore back. He still leads the points table, although that's not so important since his win two weeks ago. The top five are now Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards and Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Sadly, it wasn't a great race for Ricky Stenhouse Jr. He started 23rd and finished three laps down in 26th.

One thing I haven't seen for a while was Kasey Kahne having to drive through the pit lane on lap 48 because entry to his pit box was blocked by Ryan Newman leaving his pit box. Luckily, he had enough Sunoco race fuel (I believe you have to name-check the supplier each time ;)) to make the extra lap.

More info can be found here and here.

The final result was:

1. Jimmie Johnson

2. Kevin Harvick

3. Matt Kenseth

4. Carl Edwards

5. Jamie McMurray

6. Brian Vickers

7. Jeff Gordon

8. Paul Menard

9. Kyle Busch

10. Brad Keselowski

11. Aric Almirola

12. Joey Logano

13. Tony Stewart

14. Kasey Kahne

15. Ryan Newman

16. Austin Dillon

17. Clint Bowyer

18. Kyle Larson

19. Dale Earnhardt Jr

20. Trevor Bayne

21. Greg Biffle

22. Denny Hamlin

23. AJ Allmendinger

24. Casey Mears

25. Martin Truex Jr

26. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

27. Cole Whitt

28. Michael Annett

29. Marcos Ambrose

30. Michael McDowell

31. David Ragan

32. Brian Scott

33. Alex Bowman

34. Joe Nemechek

35. Blake Koch

36. Landon Cassill

37. Justin Allgaier

38. Ryan Truex

39. Danica Patrick

40. Kurt Busch

41. Josh Wise

42. Reed Sorenson

43. David Gilliland

Next Sunday the racing's back to a sensible time (for me) with the FedEx 400 from the Dover International Speedway.

Thanks for the update.

I had Kevin Harvick picked to win in my fantasy league so I was glad to see he pulled off a second place finish in the last seconds.

Well Roger...don't feel bad, so did I. Wanna guess who I had on my bench for the A group????

JIMMIE JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wanting to change them before the race, but never got the computer turned on to do so...guess second place isn't too bad with Harvick, but I sure coulda used that win!

Well y'all I apologize for my lack of a race summary this week...my sister just had to have my niece's birthday party Sunday afternoon :roll: despite the fact that I tol' her the race was on at that time. :-o The nerve of some people...I tell you! LOL.

So, sadly, I missed the race. Well not all of the race...I got home to watch the last three laps of the race...in time to watch Jimmie Johnson win the race.

Bet y'all can't guess who was happy and excited???

ME!!!! LOL.

Jeff Gordon finished seventh but I feel like that is a win considering how they didn't know if he would be able to even finish the race. He suffered through a back spasm that started during qualifying...he endured to get his 27th starting spot. But then had a worse spasm during practice where they just parked the car because of it. Gordon had Regan Smith on his pit stall as a back up driver in case he would have to get out of the car and by the looks of it, he didn't have to. :) So for Gordon to run six hundred laps in one of the hardest races to run at, the longest race to run at, with all of that going on, looks pretty good.

Plus we are a third way through the season and he is standing tall and proud at the number one driver in the standings...

And Hoss...that may not mean much come Chase time, it looks pretty good right now.

And to top it off, my top three drivers are pretty much counted for in the Chase now...just have to wait for Kasey Kahne to get his win and it'll be perfect for me! :D

Sorry I failed y'all for my race summary...I will do better for Dover this upcoming race. :) I am already going through race withdrawals...three laps is surely not enough for me! ;)

This week it's the FedEx 400 benefiting Autism Speaks from the Dover International Speedway, and it'll come as no surprise that Brad Keselowski's on the front row for the eighth time this year. He took pole just ahead of Kyle Busch. It's also a good week for Garrett's drivers with Jimmie Johnson in fourth and Jeff Gordon in sixth. Jeff Gordon has said that his back feels much better this week and Regan Smith has not been put on standby. Ricky Stenhouse Jr seems to have had another average qualifying session and starts in 26th, two places ahead of Danica Patrick. With only 43 drivers on the entry list, no one got sent home today.

The full lineup is:

1. Brad Keselowski

2. Kyle Busch

3. Joey Logano

4. Jimmie Johnson

5. Kyle Larson

6. Jeff Gordon

7. Denny Hamlin

8. Kevin Harvick

9. Brian Vickers

10. Clint Bowyer

11. AJ Allmendinger

12. Greg Biffle

13. Dale Earnhardt Jr

14. Ryan Newman

15. Paul Menard

16. Martin Truex Jr

17. Kasey Kahne

18. Brett Moffitt

19. Jamie McMurray

20. Tony Stewart

21. Matt Kenseth

22. Casey Mears

23. Austin Dillon

24. Kurt Busch

25. Aric Almirola

26. Ricky Stenhouse Jr

27. Marcos Ambrose

28. Danica Patrick

29. Carl Edwards

30. Justin Allgaier

31. Cole Whitt

32. David Gilliland

33. Josh Wise

34. David Ragan

35. Alex Bowman

36. Landon Cassill

37. J.J. Yeley

38. Reed Sorenson

39. Michael Annett

40. David Stremme

41. Ryan Truex

42. Dave Blaney

43. Blake Koch

After a run of night races, we're back to a 1:00 PM ET start this Sunday. For the last time this year, the race is live on Fox.

The FedEx Autism Speaks race at Dover has just finished...which means that that the regular season is now half over. Als means that the races will no longer be on FOX as this was the last race on Fox for the season. Next week's race at Pocono will be on TNT for the summer series. For the last time as TNT's contract ends and next year will move to NBC. Personally...I really wish they would keep the race on FOX. I know a lot of people feel differently...but that is OK. I like DW and the announcers on FOX and am sad to see them go also like it not being on cable. I watch the races at my parents' house who do have cable...where as I don't. With it on FOX I know I can watch it at my apartment if for some reason I don't make it out. But then again, that all is my opinion. I will watch the races no matter what channel it is on as long as it is on a channel my parents' cable has...but just like FOX better.

Kyle Busch was on a pretty good streak going as he won the Truck race and the Nationwide Series race at Dover and was going for the three race sweep. He was doing pretty good until he got into Clint Bowyer who sent him into the wall and to the garage. Bowyer's spotter had told him he was clear when he wasn't...so it was the spotter's deal...but also feel that Bowyer should've saw it happen. But Bowyer did apologize after the race and did seem to feel bad for it. Kyle Busch had gotten mad at him after the accident and had went past his pit stop to go after Bowyer but ended up listening to his crew who told him to stop it and get back.

Then AJ Allmendinger got into Greg Biffle or Ricky Stenhous Jr. and caused a pretty bad accident...especially for Stenhouse Jr. Luckily everyone was OK, but had red flagged the race.

Then later Ryan Newman hit something and kicked it back for it to hit Jamie McMurray into his front bumper. It turned out to be part of the track that was falling apart...which red flagged the race. AGAIN. Red flagged the race for the crew members to fix the track. I was kinda disappointed in NASCAR that they wouldn't let Jamie Mac fix his car under red. I understand they have the rule that they can't fix their cars under red, but really? It was the track that damaged his car...their track. They did the same thing to Gordon in 2010 at Martinsville that costed him the win. I guess t hey did that to Gordon they should do it to everyone, but it would be nice that they would learn from their mistake back then and to fix it now. But I guess a rule is a rule.

Gordon started the race really good and stuck to Jimmie Johnson through out the whole race...but when it mattered most, his crew fixed his car for the worse or something broke and he finished a disappointing 15th.

Jimmie Johnson led the most laps and went on to win the race...his second in a row and it pretty much guarantees him a spot in the Chase. Which will make him the only driver to make it into all ten Chases. :) This also makes his nineth Dover race...think he has that monster tamed. LOL.

Here is the official results:

1. Jimmie Johnson

2. Brad Keselowski

3. Matt Kenseth

4. Clint Bowyer

5. Denny Hamlin

6. Martin Truex Jr.

7. Tony Stewart

8. Joey Logano

9. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

10. Paul Menard

11. Kyle Larson

12. Aric Almirola

13. Jamie McMurray

14. Carl Edwards

15. Jeff Gordon

16. Marcos Ambrose

17. Kevin Harvick

18. Kurt Busch

19. Kasey Kahne

20. Austin Dillon

21. AJ Allmendinger

22. Brett Moffitt

23. Danica Patrick

24. Reed Sorenson

25. Casey Mears

26. Justin Allgaier

27. Cole Whitt

28. Josh Wise

29. David Gilliland

30. Blake Koch

31. Ryan Newman

32. Ryan Truex

33. Dave Blaney

34. Landon Cassill

35. Michael Annett

36. David Regen

37. David Stremme

38. Greg Biffle

39. JJ Yeley

40. Alex Bowman

41. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

42. Kyle Busch

43. Brian Vickers

Well with Gordon's poor finish he is no longer the points leader as well...I believe he is two points behind Matt Kenseth. :( Onto Pocono next week...the triangle track. On TNT.

The qualifying for Sunday's Pocono 400 has just finished.

The first session was briefly red flagged when Dave Blaney spun in turn 1, but he didn't hit anything or anyone. Kyle Larson spent a nervous couple of minutes sat near the end of the pit lane as the first session came to a end. He was in 24th and his team prepared him for another lap in case someone beat his time. Despite a few late runs by people like Matt Kenseth and Ricky Stenhouse Jr, he hung on to progress to the second session. Kasey Kahne was mystified by his lack of speed and was also knocked out in the first session. Not that it counts for pole, but the top five in the first session were Brian Vickers, Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick.

The top five in the second session were Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers and Kevin Harvick. Jeff Gordon was back in eighth, and Dale Earnhardt Jr improved from 21st in the first session to claim eleventh. Sadly for Garrett, Jimmie Johnson went out at this stage, and will start in 20th. Danica Patrick also failed to make that last session, and starts in 16th.

In the third and final session, Denny Hamlin took pole ahead of Kurt Busch. It was a disastrous qualifying for Brad Keselowski who starts all the way down in third place this week :).

Here's the full lineup:

1. Denny Hamlin

2. Kurt Busch

3. Brad Keselowski

4. Kevin Harvick

5. Jeff Gordon

6. Kyle Busch

7. Joey Logano

8. Dale Earnhardt Jr.

9. Brian Vickers

10. Carl Edwards

11. Austin Dillon

12. Tony Stewart

13. Greg Biffle

14. Kyle Larson

15. Ryan Newman

16. Danica Patrick

17. Martin Truex Jr.

18. Jamie McMurray

19. Clint Bowyer

20. Jimmie Johnson

21. AJ Allmendinger

22. Aric Almirola

23. Paul Menard

24. Justin Allgaier

25. Casey Mears

26. Matt Kenseth

27. Kasey Kahne

28. Ricky Stenhouse Jr.

29. Marcos Ambrose

30. Michael Annett

31. Landon Cassill

32. David Ragan

33. Travis Kvapil

34. Alex Bowman

35. David Gilliland

36. Reed Sorenson

37. Josh Wise

38. JJ Yeley

39. Timmy Hill

40. Cole Whitt

41. Ryan Truex

42. Alex Kennedy

43. Dave Blaney

There were only 43 cars entered again this week, so no one was sent home.

The race is this Sunday at 1:00 PM ET. Despite Garrett's protests, it will be live on TNT ;).

Garrett, it looks like you could be watching Gordon and Johnson racing for many years to come. Just a couple of months ago Jeff Gordon's daughter took part in a quarter-midget kart race, and now Jimmie Johnson has said that he's thinking of letting his oldest daughter have a try at go-karts. Full story here.

Just in case there's a rain delay, red flag or any other interruption to the Pocono 400, don't forget that the Canadian Grand Prix is on at 2:00 PM ET (that's the actual start time of the race). It appears to be live on NBC.

The top five in the second session were Kyle Busch, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers and Kevin Harvick. Jeff Gordon was back in eighth, and Dale Earnhardt Jr improved from 21st in the first session to claim eleventh. Sadly for Garrett, Jimmie Johnson went out at this stage, and will start in 20th. Danica Patrick also failed to make that last session, and starts in 16th.

I knew Kyle was good but I didn't know he was good enough to qualify two at once. :)

I knew Kyle was good but I didn't know he was good enough to qualify two at once. :)

Thanks Lizzy - just checking that you're paying attention ;).

It should have read "The top five in the second session were Kurt Busch, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers and Kevin Harvick."