Duke cards

So tonight my mom suddenly remembers that she had some trading cards from when she was a kid and remembered that some of them were Dukes of Hazzard. She pulls a small bag out and lone behold, there are some in there. She thinks they are extras and she might have a full set in a box somewhere. Now I have to wait till tomorrow to see if she does or not.

Anyone else have any cards?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, very nice that you have some. I don't have these cards as I don't live in the USA but I have posted some in the behind the scenes thread. I never found a full set on the internet.

Would you be able to scan or picture them to post on our HazzardNet? They have some very nice behind the scenes pictures.

Just wondering, If you have card number 62 could you post it? It looks like the Styx River jump from 'Double Sting' S01E13 though at a different location. It looks like they made two jumps at two locations and put them together.

9188284457_4381b66e5c_o.jpg

Wow, very nice that you have some. I don't have these cards as I don't live in the USA but I have posted some in the behind the scenes thread. I never found a full set on the internet.

Would you be able to scan or picture them to post on our HazzardNet? They have some very nice behind the scenes pictures.

Just wondering, If you have card number 62 could you post it? It looks like the Styx River jump from 'Double Sting' S01E13 though at a different location. It looks like they made two jumps at two locations and put them together.

9188284457_4381b66e5c_o.jpg

It will be exciting to see if my mom has a full set or not. And I was a planing on scanning them and putting them on here but I will probably start that in a couple days after school.

I don't have 62 in the repeats but that looks like a really cool picture.

Attached is a small picture of the cards I have so far. I don't know why it's sideways but at least you can still see them.

post-6531-143050815533_thumb.jpg

Can you explain what you mean? I don't understand it.

It was kind of hard making a sentence that could be understood about that.

But on the back of each card is a section of a picture. When you have all the cards, you can put them together like a puzzle and get a bigger picture. I guess it was a way to get kids to buy more.

My mom found her box and she has three different series of cards. She has more of the blue though which have a copyright date of 1981. There is also 2 stickers which are both Luke.

That is very cool, I never saw the back of a card so...

Hope for you that you have the full set. You fhave doubles too? :-P

Sadly it's not a complete set but there is quite a few. It's 1-66 and it does have 62. Now that I have these, I'll see if the suposive doubles are doubles.

But on the back of each card is a section of a picture. When you have all the cards, you can put them together like a puzzle and get a bigger picture. I guess it was a way to get kids to buy more.

I don't think the Dukes cards were available in the UK, but I do remember collecting two different sets of Superman cards around the same time. I'd forgotten that you could turn them over to make a large picture.

Roth, I think we've covered this before, but you can get complete sets of cards on Ebay for $35-$40. Otherwise they seem to go for around $2 each.

So here is the moment some of you have waited for. I got some cards scanned and cropped. Sorry for quality of the pictures, they were kind of hard to line up straight and the scanner added the strange look to the cards.

I certainly looked forward to this. :D

The strange look, it isn't that Bad. but most scanners have settings for different scans like Photos or text. You could try finding those settings, might help it a bit.

Is this the full size the scanner makes of the pictures? Or is the attachment so small? If its small by attachment and you want them to be bigger online you could upload them to a website like www.flickr.com or send them to my email So I can upload them bigger.

30b5bfb908e8baf53a2732358afe0b23.jpg

Where could this be? I don't remember seeing a Cannon on the show beside at the Boars Nest in at least one episode.

98e34f569f7c96a66476dd4f3af5e1ee.jpg

I remember that I posted a picture from the same shoot.

11141166524_cdcf1fd44f_o.jpg

395ba691ac795c48962c9ef2b7ecc05b.jpg

Ah, this one. do you remember in which episode boss walked with a cane?

12443863325_2d24c194f8_o.jpg

I certainly looked forward to this. :D

The strange look, it isn't that Bad. but most scanners have settings for different scans like Photos or text. You could try finding those settings, might help it a bit.

Is this the full size the scanner makes of the pictures? Or is the attachment so small? If its small by attachment and you want them to be bigger online you could upload them to a website like www.flickr.com or send them to my email So I can upload them bigger

I could make it bigger if I wanted to but that's just the size they were after I cropped them. And when I scanned them, I had the picture sent to my iPad because I didn't know that our scanner was off and thought my computer was just messed up. So when I found that out, I just kept using my iPad for the convenience. I'll scan more today hopefully and use my computer. They will probably turn out better.

Would you like the pictures to be bigger?

Thanks for posting these, K-Duke.

I've just checked on my scanner (it's a Canon), and as well as the photo/text option, there's another one labeled "Descreen". This sometimes gets rid of the striped effect.

Great. Since that seems to be better, I'll repost the other four before I start posting more.

468357320452bc442fa88212cd412a6c.jpg

d023de95ed0106f5a6165704d9d36efb.jpg

d933bb2d050720189c08f75bd27c0f6c.jpg

3d42116b4b4ad755a77e79fd8dec3567.jpg

I've just checked on my scanner (it's a Canon), and as well as the photo/text option, there's another one labeled "Descreen". This sometimes gets rid of the striped effect.

I got the rest of my cards scanned and I used my computer this time. They turned out much better but I will just leave the first half the way they are. When I use my computer it takes a more detailed look at what is being scanned and tries to make it look it's best. The app I used on my iPad (our printer/scanner is an Epson) does a general scan and I guess that's why these looked like they did.

Thank you for uploading another pair, they are awesome! The quality is also improved now you use a pc.

c2a577de58103936eb92f6f878010791.jpg

You can't help but love a shot with the General jumping.

I'm sure that this is the same angle as the jump itself was shown on TV. It could be a screencap. I have made a .gif file of this jump before, when i'm home i'm going to look for it.