New member from Hungary

Andy the Hun

Howdy, fans?

I am new on this site and I just wanted to say hi to y'all and I am ready to talk about the show the whole day.

I was searching in the posts for a while. I was looking for The Dukes of Hazzard english subtitles but I didn't find any.

Could someone help me and send them from season 2-7 to my e-mail? That would be great assistance, cuz in my country the first 2 seasons had been translated only and I would like to translate the rest and make HunSub and share it to the Hungarian Fans. Thank you.

Kee-kee-kee! :D

Hi Andy, welcome to HazzardNet.

Tough question about the subtitles. I think the only way to translate them all to Hungarian is to just watch the episode and translate it yourself and make a .srt file. srt is a subtitle file mostly used to make custom subtitles as you can add it to any movie you want. Though not all media players support this feature. One which doesn't is Windows Media Player. Luckily the guys from VideoLAN have created VLC media player which is a free player which does have the feature.

It would take long, I know.

Hi Andy, welcome to HazzardNet.

Tough question about the subtitles. I think the only way to translate them all to Hungarian is to just watch the episode and translate it yourself and make a .srt file. srt is a subtitle file mostly used to make custom subtitles as you can add it to any movie you want. Though not all media players support this feature. One which doesn't is Windows Media Player. Luckily the guys from VideoLAN have created VLC media player which is a free player which does have the feature.

It would take long, I know.

Anyone can help, who has got the DVDs of the season 2-7. Just need to make a dvd subtitle rip to .srt file and send it to me. That's all :) I don't speak the english as well as I should to translate every single word, so as I said those subtitles would be great assistance.

Some words are hard because they are local words that proper English wouldn't translate to a foreign language ( like " YEE HAA!!")

Already I've got the subtitles, dear HossC sent me (thanks again), and I watched my favourite scene with the subtitles and it was still hard to understand, cuz sometimes the actors dont't say their lines correct or they speak quietly.

And Yee Haw is Yee Haw in hungarian too, of course, but nobody says 10-4 in hungary and my mothertong is not english, so I got to understand everything to translate, not translate the words only.

My favourite scene when "Rosco's acting casual" and get the Duke boys with the conterfeit $5 bills and than they cut through the railyard.

Luke says: "We'd best cut trough the railyard." I have never understood this line before.