Behind the scenes picture of Speed Zone

Roth Potter

:previous:

According to IMCDB, the Lamborghini in 'Speed Zone' was a Countach LP 5000S or 5000QV, although they also used replicas in the movie. The one behind John looks real.

http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_549236-Lamborghini-Countach-5000-QV-1985.html

Cathy starts out in a very similar car in 'Cannonball Run II' (which I got to see again last week :)).

I thought there were only two versions of the Countach, the standard one and the wide-body one. That's why I wrote LP500s but I was wrong about that. It could be any wide-body version of the Countach. Though it is clear that the one in this picture doesn't have the US front bumper so it could have a promotional picture from early on.

I saw the two Cannonball run movie's a long time ago, the only thing i remember about it is that the second one had Cathy as one of the Countach girls. :-P

I remember that I liked them but don't know more about it beside that Bigfoot 4x4x4 drives over a Porsche 928 before the run.

I remember that I liked them but don't know more about it beside that Bigfoot 4x4x4 drives over a Porsche 928 before the run.

The guy driving the Porsche is the movie's director, Hal Needham.

'Speed Zone' also goes by the alternate title 'Cannonball Fever'. According to IMDb's triva page, 'Speed Zone' is "considered to be a distant relative of the Cannonball Run films, and in fact it was at one point going to be called Cannonball Run III."

Though it is clear that the one in this picture doesn't have the US front bumper so it could have a promotional picture from early on.

Those US-spec bumpers were really ugly:

800px-Lamborghini_Countach_US_spec_5000QV.jpg

I think I prefer the Miura (the car Jay Leno had either side of his Countach), although they also suffered from an aerodynamic problem, as this Top Gear clips explains:

They also mention the car's appearance in The Italian Job - does it get better than this?

During the week I actually saw a guy parked up in his single-seater Lamborghini, chatting away on his phone. This being Ireland, however, it was one of these :):

800px-Tractor_Lamborghini_2008.jpg

I bet Roger would prefer a picture of one of these on his wall ;).