Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

I really wasn't awake last day...

Jason, very nice find of Cooter towing General Lee. :)

11954231225_d8391cd423_o.jpg

Original from ebay user argentaImages

I think this picture is like most pictures of Coy or Vance on a roof in front of the Hazzard court.

11954231265_0bf9e0491b_o.jpg

Original from ebay user greenjeepwrangler.

I'm not sure but this seems to be that river jump where General Lee flies through those branches of a dead tree.

11954669304_d5da8c9a53_o.jpg

This is said to be Tom and John practicing dirt driving. Does anyone actually have a clue where this could have been?

11955067676_7ffd4527d5_o.jpg

Stunt driving is dangerous, but lying on a model train with a camera is also not the most comfortable thing to do either.

I wonder how many times they had to redo some of these stunts.

And for the people who were not able to see it last time, here is it again.

Behind thescenes with Bo, The first Reunion.

This person also has James Best in his own words uploaded.

Edited by Roth Potter

11971805094_b31257114d_o.jpg

I'm not sure but I think the building in the background is a building from Western Street.

11971805304_dcce934708_o.jpg

The background lets me think this is at Golden Oaks, but I got no clue if that is true. Could that in the background be the Boars Nest parking lot with the Hazzard Feed & Seed next to it?

Does Cathy have something wrong with here foot or can she just move it like that? I can't.

11971403225_bdcd8430c9_o.jpg

The Boars Nest, at which I think is Lake Sherwood. I doubt whether this is at Lake Sherwood or Golden Oaks, but I think is is Lake Sherwood. I don't recognize the person in front.

11971805004_2b8cd9f216_o.jpg

Cathy sitting on top of the Boars Nest bar. Are those buffalo antlers hanging on the wall or another animal?

Thank you Hoss!

11986793555_a3df2317a6_o.jpg

I'm not sure as this picture is very small, butI belive Cooter just found the cut fuel line. This is from the episodes 'Carnival of Thrills' at Saugus.

11986793735_4191bcb524_o.jpg

Taken inside boss' office in the Boars Nest.

11987085493_b8fdc00700_o.jpg

This is not really from the Dukes itself but here you see the barn of the Georgia Duke farm being taken down. So this is somewhere after 1984.

11987612366_89dd855d39_o.jpg

Can anyone read what it says on Ben's cap? I think it says "Red Robs Animal feeds".

11971805304_dcce934708_o.jpg

The background lets me think this is at Golden Oaks, but I got no clue if that is true. Could that in the background be the Boars Nest parking lot with the Hazzard Feed & Seed next to it?

Does Cathy have something wrong with here foot or can she just move it like that? I can't.

WHAT BEAUTIFUL LEGS!!!!! :-o

No, there's nothing wrong with her foot, she's simply "twisting" her ankle as she's standing. Not so strange, just a posture. :) (I also, sometimes, move the foot that way, keeping that posture, when I stand up ... but, unfotunately, I haven't her legs, LOL). The "twisted" ankle plus the way her hands are, it's a sign fo shyness, or insecurity.

BUT this picture surprises me especially for her eyes; they look blue/green (more blue than green, here), whereas in other pictures they are green, or hazel-green. I love how their eyes turn from hazel to green to blue, due to the light around her. In this picture their eyes seem reflecting her top!!

WHAT BEAUTIFUL LEGS!!!!! :-o

No, there's nothing wrong with her foot, she's simply "twisting" her ankle as she's standing. Not so strange, just a posture. :) (I also, sometimes, move the foot that way, keeping that posture, when I stand up ... but, unfotunately, I haven't her legs, LOL). The "twisted" ankle plus the way her hands are, it's a sign of shyness, or insecurity.

BUT this picture surprises me especially for her eyes; they look blue/green (more blue than green, here), whereas in other pictures they are green, or hazel-green. I love how their eyes turn from hazel to green to blue, due to the light around her. In this picture their eyes seem reflecting her top!!

I think the color balance is wrong on the picture, which is making Cathy's eyes look bluer. I've tried fixing the levels and removing the text across the center.

CathyPicFixed.jpg~original

If you don't mind, could you remove the text from this picture too? I want to use it as my background but the text bugs me. :-?

This was a lot harder than the one of Cathy due to geometric shapes like wheels. With the one of Cathy I could "cheat" a little with the blurred background.

GeneralFixed.jpg~original

I was very tired yesterday, that is why I didn't post new pictures.

That's just not a good enough excuse. I want new pictures tonight ;).

12019996685_246d435412_o.jpg

I have posted this one before but now it is bigger

12020827376_119c6f333a_o.jpg

Another angle of the crashed General Lee.

12020286623_87d3fcb667_o.jpg

Idon't know the guy in the picture, but we can clearly see the same building as in the pictures above. You see the cut in half car in the background? If that car is the one Cletus and Wilbur drove in 'The Legacy' S03E12 it would mean this picture was taken during filming of that sometime before august 1983.

12020286643_fce867b1ba_o.jpg

He is another one showing the building more clearly. I wonder why the rear side windows of that General Lee are up, we never saw that on the show I think. Could it be that we see the before and after photos of a General Lee?

12020286623_87d3fcb667_o.jpg

I don't know the guy in the picture, but we can clearly see the same building as in the pictures above. You see the cut in half car in the background? If that car is the one Cletus and Wilbur drove in 'The Legacy' S03E12 it would mean this picture was taken during filming of that sometime before august 1983.

I don't recognize the building, but I'd agree with you about the patrol car from 'The Legacy'. That would make this somewhere at Lake Sherwood. As well as the Duke Farm and Boar's Nest, there were a few other buildings on the ranch, including Swamp Molly's house. I'm guessing that this was one that didn't feature in the show.

Thanks Russell. :)

Hoss, wasn't Swamp Molly's house at Golden Oaks?

12039857275_7efa71c94c_o.jpg

The front page of dutch magazine Veronica from May 30th 1981.

It reads Catherine Bach: Star from 'Dukes of Hazzard'.

12039857455_9f59ac4c58_o.jpg

We have seen Bo with this poster before, but not in this pose.

12039857315_7069742113_o.jpg

At first I thought that this was just another angle of the same shoot. Yes, it is that. But.. Look at the license plate!

12039857255_f92a5cb4e5_o.jpg

Uncle Jesse coming out of the Barn in Georgia. I wonder what is/was in the bowl. Chicken feed?

Hoss, wasn't Swamp Molly's house at Golden Oaks?

No, it was definitely at Lake Sherwood, across the creek from the later Boar's Nest/Duke Farm locations. Today, the location of Swamp Molly's house is on the edge of the 14th fairway of the golf club, quite close to Stafford Road.

I thought Lake Sherwood was first seen way later, like episode 12 or so. I'm not much of an expert on Lake Sherwood and Golden Oaks though I'd love to learn about it just like the Valencia Oaks ranch.

12059055286_1d8a72ae2f_o.jpg

Not the most flattering image and text.

12058577234_029a6b3d3d_o.jpg

Yes I know, posted before. But way bigger this time and exposing a lot more details I don't understand.

I don't know much about the Police in California but if these are real police, what were they doing here? I don't recognize them from an episode but I thought in 1980/83 they already didn't drive Monaco's/Fury's.

General Lee seems to be backed up onto the grass, so I guess they were setting it up for a jump over a small creek. Who is driving General Lee? there is someone with a hat on so it probably isn't a stuntman.

This also shows the surroundings more clearly and I think this is on or close to Lake Sherwood. Not being on their property while performing a stunt would explain the police though.

Charger R/T? Ivthought they always painted the R/T badge black and mostly the Charger badge too.

Also, I've forgot how to see if a General is a 68 if it has changed grille and no sidemarker lights, but I think this is a 68 judging by the way the grill is kind of hanging in the middle. You could check is someway with the upper part of the dash and the place of the pin on the door (which is not visible due to the mirror).

12058189045_4468904ed0_o.jpg

I have posted a picture very similar to this one before but I think this is another shot as Rosco doesn't seem to be prepared yet which I believe he was with the other picture.

12058576534_388bdf9dbf_o.jpg

Unfortunately not such a detailed picture. This is probably from Georgia.

Would anyone know why there is a sort of triangle in the air? I know elderly houses in which people use hearing aids have a sort of copper ring running across a whole room to filter unwanted radio noises. Could this be for the same use?

12076270764_7a28e663e0_o.jpg

Look who's back

Salzar Radials seems to me like it is a reference to Marlboro.

12076270424_ffa8a81ac0_o.jpg

This is as far as I know the only time we ever see Daisy holding a shine bottle.

12076270294_5d5ca93310_o.gif

From left to right: Josephine Max, Luke Duke, Bo Duke, Rosco Purvis Coltrane and Enos Strate,

12076270414_01957d5c81_o.jpg

Very cute picture of Rosco with Flash taken in front of the courthouse.

12076270764_7a28e663e0_o.jpg

Look who's back

Salzar Radials seems to me like it is a reference to Marlboro.

I'm sure the Salzar Radials logo is designed to bear a passing resemblance to the Marlboro logo in the same way that the Octoline badge looks quite like the Castrol Oil logo. Even though it's spelled slightly differently, I'd also guess that it might be a reference to Albert J. Salzer who's credited as "unit production manager" on 28 episodes of the early episodes and "associate producer" on 23 episodes. It would fit in with some of the other Real Stuff in Hazzard.

The Castrol logo really does look like the Octoline logo. Or the other way around.:p

12092689213_ea26ef9f1b_o.jpg

I could think of a few words the stunt driver must be thinking at this point. "I think we should have used some more weight in the back."

12092688893_04a21d0eba_o.jpg

Tom during the episode 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke' S03E04. The clothes John is wearing have the stripes of the Carnival of Thrills racingsuit but they ain't placed right. So this could be from something unrelated to Dukes.

12093042256_366d1686d9_o.jpg

Ben looks really young here, I think is is taken less then a year after Ben had shaved his beard of.

12093042246_b4b8cacd55_o.jpg

A cast picture we had not seen before. This looks like it has been taken inside a sound stage.

I could think of a few words the stunt driver must be thinking at this point. "I think we should have used some more weight in the back."

I think the stunt driver would happy landing like this as the crumpling of the front of the car cushions the impact. It wasn't their choice to put weight in the trunk so the General landed flat!

The Castrol logo really does look like the Octoline logo. Or the other way around.:p

Looks like this car doesn't have a windshield in it. You guys ever noticed jump cars already seem to have quit a bit of damage to them. My theory is after they get beat/banged around during 2nd unit chase scenes/banging cars together, they got prepped for jump scenes (full cage installed, gas tanks removed, etc.). Another thing I noticed in the pic, see the tall guy far left, with a yellow shirt on? I wonder if that was Vance's stunt double????

Jason

I know stuntman like to land the car a little bit more on the front to cushion the impact, but I thought that it would rotate further and flip.

Second unit didn't need much General Lee's for chases as they were hardly damaged. I don't know whereI read it but somewhere they said all stuntmen who did stuff for the Dukes a lot had their own favorite General Lee for stunt driving. They all handled differently even though they were all 68/69 chargers.

You see the jumpcars had already quite a bit of damage, its logical you would use the worst cars for the shortest scenes. A lot of damage was also done by getting the car over the ramp. Bent frames and failing suspension happened a lot when going airborn.

This car had no windscreen because itis highly probable that this jump is mean to be just after Bo and Luke were shot at and getting their windshield broken. They punched out the glass with their feet so you could see better.

12109094214_11120de8f9_o.jpg

Good thing it didn't flip, which is what I thought would happen.

12109366296_57e115e896_o.jpg

Original from ebay user argentaImages.

This shoot is pretty known, its on the front of a DVD box.

12108702905_13f17dbd44_o.jpg

This must have been taken only second before or after the other one. Cathy's face rotation is the biggest change.

12109093864_263f77eda1_o.jpg

Original from the Everything Dukes of Hazzard Related tribute Page on Facebook.

Mama Max and the Dukes boys in Laramie Street.

This car had no windscreen because itis highly probable that this jump is mean to be just after Bo and Luke were shot at and getting their windshield broken. They punched out the glass with their feet so you could see better.

True. Could be, I didn't think about that.

Keep the cool pics coming!

Jason

12124295014_454c34d6f3_o.jpg

I don't understand this shot, where are they looking at? The only possible places I could think of where they are watching, at the top of the boarding house or on top of the gazebo, but that is a bit far away.

12124487196_ca1e879f22_o.jpg

This could have been his passport photo is he wasn't standing sort of sideways.

12123835625_c56ce80e75_o.jpg

Where could this have been taken? The only place I can imagine is the place where the Dukes restored General Lee in Reunion 1997.

12124114443_52995e0d0c_o.jpg

These photo's from Griffith Park really show how much the show has changed after the first idea.