Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

9629799281_79a893bf20_o.jpg

Rosco and Flash during a race on the Dukes. I should have a look to see which episode Flash was wearing a helmet.

9629799267_3fccd80d57_o.jpg

Promotional shoot.

9629799275_4d486634de_o.jpg

Cathy in her 1971 Plymouth Roadrunner.

9629799285_e2997c81fb_o.jpg

Looking at Boss his face, something he wanted to sell for a lot of money has been destroyed. I guess this is the episode where Sheriff Little shoots out Boss' Liquor in the back of a van. I believe it was 'My Son, Bo Hogg'.

9629799281_79a893bf20_o.jpg

Rosco and Flash during a race on the Dukes. I should have a look to see which episode Flash was wearing a helmet.

It's from 'Duke vs. Duke' in season 3. The picture below is from the bloopers thread, and shows the thin wire used to raise Flash's ears near the end:

FlashWire.jpg

The episode is another that features stuntman Al Wyatt Jr. with an on-screen part, this time as one of Ma Harper's boys:

AlWyatt1_0314.jpg

9646798939_8dc31a53e2_o.jpg

Looking at their faces i'd say this is one of the last episodes of season 5 or the beginning of season 6.

9650032752_5e6597cc9d_o.jpg

I believe this is the dog which looked like flash but was called different and was owned by a rich person. I forgot everything else about the episode beside that 2 people stole it on the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch.

9650032724_160dbd5b7a_o.jpg

This must be from before season 5 as I can see the Seth M. Berley Co. sign.

9650032816_24bfcaf85b_o.jpg

Looking at the buildings i'd say this on the Warner Brothers backlot, but I can't see where. I don't believe Midwest Street has these windows anywhere. It could be French Street.

9646798939_8dc31a53e2_o.jpg

Looking at their faces i'd say this is one of the last episodes of season 5 or the beginning of season 6.

The store behind John could be 'Seth M. Berley & Co.' or the 'J.D. Hogg Furniture Mart', but it was 'Hazzard Square Emporium' (and painted a different color) by the eighth episode of season 6. That's a roundabout way of saying that I think you're right :).

I believe this is the dog which looked like flash but was called different and was owned by a rich person. I forgot everything else about the episode beside that 2 people stole it on the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch.

The episode you're thinking of is 'A Boy's Best Friend' in season 6. It could well be from that episode.

9650032816_24bfcaf85b_o.jpg

Looking at the buildings i'd say this on the Warner Brothers backlot, but I can't see where. I don't believe Midwest Street has these windows anywhere. It could be French Street.

I'm going to agree with you again. In all the screengrabs I have, those windows are pretty much covered by an awning or a sign, but take a look at the top right corner of the shot below. It's about midway down the stores of French Street.

Summerville2_0713.jpg

thanks for the extra info Hoss! :D

9655777245_cf44a9b406_o.jpg

I can't find any reference point in this picture. I just take a guess and that this is on a bench in front of the Midwest Street gazebo.

9655777065_ab644f9cf4_o.jpg

The only honest lawman in Hazzard. It's lawman instead of lawmen because it's only one person if i'm right?

9659007840_86ba71d07b_o.jpg

Why do I forget episode names all the time. :( Anyway, in the episode this is from Daisy is hypnotized that she is a daughter of some rich man where she is supposedly his long lost daughter. The rich man had a son, the son had a girlfriend. The son and the girlfriend wanted to kill their supposedly found family member so they inherit the money when the rich old man dies.

9659007858_36f7445c82_o.jpg

This picture is on the back of the season 5 DVD box but showing more. I won't say anything more about the picture, and don't tell me why that is. this is a family site you know.

The only honest lawman in Hazzard. It's lawman instead of lawmen because it's only one person if i'm right?

Yep - that's right :).

9659007840_86ba71d07b_o.jpg

Why do I forget episode names all the time. :( Anyway, in the episode this is from Daisy is hypnotized that she is a daughter of some rich man where she is supposedly his long lost daughter. The rich man had a son, the son had a girlfriend. The son and the girlfriend wanted to kill their supposedly found family member so they inherit the money when the rich old man dies.

I can normally remember the titles, but usually double-check the season so that I don't lead people in the wrong direction. This one is 'Heiress Daisy Duke' in season 6.

BTW. I don't know where the Rosco picture was taken either.

Thanks Hoss, now you say it it is indeed 'Heiress Daisy Duke'. And If I'm right she was supposed to be Vivian Stuart?

9665006113_2697585b6e_o.jpg

Original from argentaImages

this is from the episode 'Officer Daisy Duke'. S02E17

9665006075_25c344e8b5_o.jpg

I believe this was in season 5, the road was covered ones in the Hazzard Square thread but unfortunately I can't find the name yet.

9668237622_a50050426f_o.jpg

Not the most flatering picture but i'm gonna guess this is from season 7 in front of the Hazzard Police Department.

9668237598_b3cac20228_o.jpg

I believe the right expressions for this picture are adorable and cute. I think the picture is very cute even though i'm more of a cat lover, I got a cat myself. I don't understand why this picture was took, it has nothing in correlation with the Dukes beside Flash and Rosco in it. It seems to be taken in the Jail.

Thanks Hoss, now you say it it is indeed 'Heiress Daisy Duke'. And If I'm right she was supposed to be Vivian Stuart?

You're welcome. The subtitles spell it Vivian Stewart, but you're close enough (they sound the same) :).

9665006075_25c344e8b5_o.jpg

I believe this was in season 5, the road was covered ones in the Hazzard Square thread but unfortunately I can't find the name yet.

The road is either Potrero Canyon Road if you believe Bing Maps, or Pico Canyon Road if you believe Google Maps. Based on the other features in the area, I think I'd go with Pico Canyon Road (I assume named after Pio Pico, the last governor of Alta California under Mexican rule). The current Google image shows the area churned up and very brown, but it's still green on Bing. I'm not sure if the road made it into the Hazzard Square thread, but there are a couple of pictures and a Google Maps link in a thread called Mystery Location.

I've been raiding Ebay again, and found enough material for many, many posts! I've noticed that it's mainly been me who's posted pictures of Dukes stars in contexts that aren't directly connected with Dukes eg. pictures of Cathy from studio shoots. Are y'all happy to see them here, or should I post them in other threads eg. pics of John in the 'John Schneider / Bo Duke' section?

No controversy here: they're all TV Guide adverts for Dukes that I don't think we've seen before. Just to annoy Roger, they all have different start times! The first is for 'Granny Annie'.

TVGuideAd1.jpg

This one puzzles me. I'm sure it's got to be for 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke', but it says "SEASON PREMIERE!". 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke' was either the fourth or fifth episode in season 3 (depending on whether you count 'Carnival of Thrills' as one or two episodes). The Dallas episode appears to be 'Nightmare', which was orginally broadcast on the same night as 'And in This Corner, Luke Duke'.

TVGuideAd2.jpg

No puzzles this time: it's for 'The Fortune Tellers', the last episode in season 6.

TVGuideAd3.jpg

I'll finish this post with an advert for the cartoon series. I don't think I've heard the words "Benji", "Zax", "Alien" and "Prince" used together since the '80s! I'm sure I used to watch it, but I have no memory of the what happened.

TVGuideAd4.jpg

Here's a selection of promo/publicity cards all found on Ebay. The first is for John's movie 'Collier & Co.'.

PromoCard1.jpg

As the small print says, this is Tom discussing his return to Dukes.

PromoCard2.jpg

Neva Patterson plays Swamp Molly.

PromoCard3.jpg

Do y'all recognize Fran Ryan? She played Ma Harper in 'Duke vs. Duke'.

PromoCard4.jpg

Thanks roger. :D

Hoss, if i'm really honest I think you should post picture which aren't from the show itself in the section of the respected actor, but I don't really mind either. I think there should be a general thread for each actor in which can can post interesting pictures of the actor. The pictures are nice and some faces are really recognizable like Ma Harper.

Hoss, if i'm really honest I think you should post picture which aren't from the show itself in the section of the respected actor, but I don't really mind either. I think there should be a general thread for each actor in which can can post interesting pictures of the actor. The pictures are nice and some faces are really recognizable like Ma Harper.

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback. There's already a thread for pictures of John and another for pictures of Tom - I'll use those for most of the non-Dukes pictures. There are two short threads for Cathy, but they've both lost all their pictures and the links are dead, so maybe I should start a new one. I think that pictures of people who only appeared in one or two episodes might get lost elsewhere, so I may still include a few pictures like the one of Fran Ryan.

While I sort through the pictures of John, Tom and Cathy, here's the last of today's Ebay finds. The first claims to be a 1979 promotional poster for the first season. I'll ignore the spelling of Rosco(e) as the makers of the show seemed unsure how to spell it in the early days, but Sorrell Brooke? The style is quite similar to some of the election posters that appeared in the show.

PromoPoster.jpg

I think this one is a read-a-long book/record. The seller is asking $16 or $17 for just the sleeve (ie. no record to play).

DukesAlbum.jpg

This one's all Greek to me, which is lucky, because it's a Greek sticker album!

GreekAlbum.jpg

Here's an advert (probably from TV Guide) for the 1980 TV special 'John Schneider: Back Home'. Roth posted some pictures from the show earlier in the thread - you can see them here.

BackHome.jpg

Thanks for posting the back home special picture, now I want to watch it even more. :wink:

9675826922_d93d1f2d18_o.jpg

The description with this photo was 'Surprise reunion at cable press forum Tom Wopat John Schneider RitzCarhon Hotel Pa sadena CALIF'

9675826896_55fa69b6d7_o.jpg

I think I don't have to introduce the former best Sheriff of the South, he's the Best. :D

9675826876_66b7b207e6_o.jpg

I've got no idea what happened to that General Lee. It's hard to say if it's a bad Photoshop or a badly Liveried General Lee. I think it's the second. The only thing I am very sure about is that it isn't a screen used general Lee if it is those graphics on that car.

9672600465_3b6da196d8_o.jpg

Looking at the buildings in the back i'd say this is supposed to be Cooter's Garage backside located on Western street I believe. They really seemed to enjoy their job when I see pictures like this.

The description with this photo was 'Surprise reunion at cable press forum Tom Wopat John Schneider RitzCarhon Hotel Pa sadena CALIF'

That was one the pictures I found earlier. The location was actually the Ritz-Carlton Hotel in Pasadena. It closed in 1988 and was knocked down and rebuilt to almost exactly the same plans so that it met earthquake codes. It re-opened in 1991, and I think the photo dates from sometime after that. Since 2007 it's been known as the Langham Huntington, Pasadena (sorry, I was reading about it recently!). Here's another three pictures I found from the same shoot (all found on Ebay, I've trimmed them from larger pictures that show the complete slide surrounds):

Pasadena2.jpg

Pasadena3.jpg

Does John carry the action figure around to remind people who he is?

Pasadena4.jpg

I also found a better quality picture from the same shoot as the TV Guide picture that I posted here:

JohnSchneider1.jpg

Thanks for the info about that hotel, now you mention it I think I saw it ones in a movie.

That last picture you posted has some really nice pictures in it. sounds weird. Anyway, why is he standing in front of the only picture of himself? :)

9683000570_9802239330_o.jpg

Jefferson Davis in his free time.

9679762437_95a2303812_o.jpg

I didn't expect Jimmy to have so much chest hair. :-o

9683000630_e021287178_o.jpg

The Hooper family adopted this kid at the end of the episode (he was in the ophanage after both his parents died). It was from the episode 'A Boy's Best Friend'. I posted another picture of the dog on the last page.

9683000412_88626fae03_o.jpg

One of the more known pictures but still a nice one.

Thanks for the info about that hotel, now you mention it I think I saw it ones in a movie.

Was it 'Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3' ;) - it's named on the Wikipedia page.

Following on from yesterday's pictures of Tom and John in Pasadena, here's a few of them appearing together at the 1993 TV special 'A '70s Celebration: The Beat Is Back':

JohnTom70s1.jpg

JohnTom70s2.jpg

I'd never heard of the show before, but I found a VHS transfer on YouTube. Skip to 2:25 to see Tom and John (you get nearly a minute before they're cut short :():

Speaking of Tom and John appearing together, I also found a TV Guide advert for the 1987 movie 'Christmas Comes to Willow Creek'.

WillowCreekAdvert.jpg

And so Cathy doesn't feel left out, here she is with John:

JohnCathy1.jpg

All pictures found on Ebay.

I had the last picture posted before. :roll:

Anyway, it's really nice to see pictures with them together after Dukes.

But I never watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3, it must have been another. it's wasn't an ordinary movie, not a child's movie but also not a shoot movie. I sometimes watch movies with a friend so it might have been a weird one.