Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard

8978060458_f13320cfb4_o.jpg

I've just Googled "Jim Hogg Cigars" to see if they're real. It looks like this is a genuine poster from the 1920s, although James Stephen "Big Jim" Hogg (20th Governor of Texas) died in 1906. Believe it or not, he named his daughter Ima Hogg (rumors that she had a sister called Ura are untrue). Ima and her brothers were more like Abraham Lincoln Hogg rather than Boss: when oil was discovered on their land in 1918, the Hoggs did not believe that the oil money was rightfully theirs, as it had come from the land and not hard work, and they were determined to use it for the good of Texas.

OMG HossC. That video with Sonny and that child is a RARITY!! (so cute and sweet).

Never seen before!!!! (if you don't mind I'd like to post in it on the page I devoted to Enos Strate on FB... it's a video from YT, I'm goin' to look for it).

WOW, this thread is FULL of surprises!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

I've just Googled "Jim Hogg Cigars" to see if they're real. It looks like this is a genuine poster from the 1920s, although James Stephen "Big Jim" Hogg (20th Governor of Texas) died in 1906. Believe it or not, he named his daughter Ima Hogg (rumors that she had a sister called Ura are untrue). Ima and her brothers were more like Abraham Lincoln Hogg rather than Boss: when oil was discovered on their land in 1918, the Hoggs did not believe that the oil money was rightfully theirs, as it had come from the land and not hard work, and they were determined to use it for the good of Texas.

That I did not expect.

Thank goodness I got my computer fixed. This thread is FANTASTIC!!!!

Thanks so much for all these amazing contributions.

I've just got done catching up all the ones I missed and can't stop smiling!

Thank you Roger. :)

Here it is:

Now that's quite a find! I found the image more then 3 weeks ago so that video wasn't posted yet. I do have more Cam Cornelius pictures with the dukes cast. most of these have been posted though. There are two Cam Cornelius pictures I haven't posted yet so i'll post them directly now as we are so interested in him.

8985051165_a18e87b757_o.jpg

A news clipping about Cam and the Recording.

8985051191_23e73b9e8f_o.jpg

Cam in the General.

8986251772_e47bfd4bed_o.jpg

8985057523_bc603e1035_o.jpg

8998874525_1afa732a5b_o.jpg

Does this one is a "behind the scene" picture or a scene of the show?

They seem serious as they're acting a scene, but at he same time I never saw Tom/Luke with sunglasses in any episode.

Maybe bored during a pause? Or just watching with attention other actors acting?

OK, I'm goin' behind "behind the scene", ROFL.

Does this one is a "behind the scene" picture or a scene of the show?

They seem serious as they're acting a scene, but at he same time I never saw Tom/Luke with sunglasses in any episode.

Maybe bored during a pause? Or just watching with attention other actors acting?

OK, I'm goin' behind "behind the scene", ROFL.

Well, Luke and Bo wore sungalsses on the show. but as far as i can remember it was only during the episode Daisy's Song.

9007511211_832836c1a5_o.jpg

But Daisy's Song was a Georgia episode meaning it wasn't filmed at the Warner Brothers backlot, which is where the Behind the scenes picture was taken. Also you can easily see the behind the scenes picture has been taken much later as the cast looks older and the "Axtell Bail Bonds" has been replaced by "Hogg Bail Bonds".

9007605399_5150da3450_o.jpg

9008786900_19d6a7ed96_o.jpg

9008786852_be97e0960e_o.jpg

But Daisy's Song was a Georgia episode meaning it wasn't filmed at the Warner Brothers backlot, which is where the Behind the scenes picture was taken. Also you can easily see the behind the scenes picture has been taken much later as the cast looks older and the "Axtell Bail Bonds" has been replaced by "Hogg Bail Bonds".

The picture you posted was behind the scenes of 'Dukescam Scam' in season 4. I used a similar picture (minus the sunglasses :)) in the Hazzard Square thread.

CountySign0414.jpg

The picture you posted was behind the scenes of 'Dukescam Scam' in season 4. I used a similar picture (minus the sunglasses :)) in the Hazzard Square thread.

Thanks for that screenshot Hoss!

I got myself a good look at that scene and if you look closely at his left chest pocket (right side for the viewer)

You can see the pocket is bigger then in the behind the scenes picture so i guess he stored the glasses there while filming.

Here's a screen from a few seconds earlier showing the bigger pocket.

9009511485_0bf6079837_o.jpg

right... I found myself 3 pictures with John in it and they are all related to Dukes of Hazzard, but not from the tv show. Anyway, I found them interesting enough to post.

9009575383_c298063676_o.jpg

Sean-William Scott and John Schneider.

9010757542_36e54f15e3_o.jpg

Johnny Knoxville and John Schneider.

9010757526_4640d8d20a_o.jpg

9019660252_f41f77d20f_o.jpg

I don't really understand this picture. It's easy to see that this is after 1985 as they look much older, also the building behind them seems to be Hazzard Bank but it says something totally different on the window.

It's from the Reunion movie. The bank became Mama Max's Development Corporation, and the text on the window says "Real Estate". See the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures in this post from the Hazzard Square thread.

It's from the Reunion movie. The bank became Mama Max's Development Corporation, and the text on the window says "Real Estate". See the 2nd, 3rd and 4th pictures in this post from the Hazzard Square thread.

Thanks for that info Hoss, I thought it must have been before the 1st reunion movie as Rosco doesn't have those gold looking things on his shoulders.

9023577904_7094b8e47e_o.gif

This image was on John Schneider's website after he sold one of his General Lee's on Ebay.

9023577850_991e4599c9_o.jpg

This picture and the one above are from some show in Georgia where multiple actors from different TV shows came. As you might be able to notice. It's not a Warner Brothers General Lee as it has backup light's, an R/T logo and no CB Antenna.

9023577840_9684a65253_o.jpg

9021349929_692c3584b7_o.jpg

9023577850_991e4599c9_o.jpg

This picture and the one above are from some show in Georgia where multiple actors from different TV shows came. As you might be able to notice. It's not a Warner Brothers General Lee as it has backup light's, an R/T logo and no CB Antenna.

When you say "not a Warner Brothers General Lee", do you mean not from the show, or do you mean not one of the cars that Warner Bros built in-house (the Veluzats built a lot of cars used in the show)? Either way, many of the early Generals had backup lights. I have a screengrab of a General with an R/T badge on the grill, but can't remember whether I ever saw one on the back. The lack of CB antenna and license plate would suggest it's not from the show.

When you say "not a Warner Brothers General Lee", do you mean not from the show, or do you mean not one of the cars that Warner Bros built in-house (the Veluzats built a lot of cars used in the show)? Either way, many of the early Generals had backup lights. I have a screengrab of a General with an R/T badge on the grill, but can't remember whether I ever saw one on the back. The lack of CB antenna and license plate would suggest it's not from the show.

Thats what I meant, it was not from the show. It was made for a TV special recorded in Georgia in 1981 with Ray Charles and Barbara Mandrell, then at the end of the show John has to get back to filming Dukes so they prepped this charger to look like a General Lee. According to the source of the picture this was one of the two Cars used in the Carnival of Thrills jump as it has orange painted rocker panels and this Tv special being recorded in 1981.

But as it has no CB Antenna and and orange R/T badge I do not think it is one of those two cars as I bet those two cars were totally bend too.

I've had myself a look on IMDB and found this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0343869/

it's from 24 december 1980 instead of 81 but it has the actors I wrote in my last post. Now if there was just some way of watching that =S

The good thing is that i did found a trailer for it though.

th_JSBackHome.jpg?videoplayer=offsite?videoplayer=offsite?videoplayer=offsite

According to the website that trailer is from IMDB has a review about it, but i could not find it so i copied the review of that website to here.

It started off with John driving the General Lee down a dirt road and dropping it off at the studio garage because he would be gone for a while, "going back home". He then took his rental car to a fairgrounds in his home state. Somehow along the way he bumped into Ray Charles (who sang Georgia) and Barbara Mandrell and sang songs with them, giving his usual Bo Duke enthusiasm the whole time. When the hour was over, he drove back to the studio to pick up the General again where he drove back down that same dirt road again.