Question- Did the Dukes have a television??

Hi Everyone! I'm needing a bit of info for my fanfic novella "Halls of Stone and Iron". I'm a stickler for continuity and I'm needing to know if the Dukes owned a television set. I can't for the life of me remember and I don't have all the later eps. If anyone could let me know either way and possibly the episode that it's in, I would be very grateful!!

If you're interested, you can check out the synopsis for the fanfic HERE on my profile page at fanfiction.net (scroll all the way down). ;)

Well perhaps I am wrong...it has been known to happen a time or two ;) ... but it does seem like I remember an old TV set in one of the episodes. As I said, I could be wrong - sadly it has been a long time since I had time to sit down and watch an DOH episode, but it does seem like there was one at least once...but perhaps it is just me.

Thinking about it... I never saw a TV set in any episode, not only at the farm, but nowhere else....

BUT, hey, in a fanfic you can decide Dukes had a TV set...8-)

I don't think someone could jump in saying "HEY, YOU!! Dukes didn't have a TV set", LOL.

Thinking about it, in my fics I've always wrote about a guest-room in the farm, but watching some episodes I'm realizing that, NO, probably there was no guest-room at the farm. :roll:

That's fanfic realm, after all, so some little adds are welcome.

What a great question. I don't remember a TV set in the farm either but I'm not sure if there was one or not. The end of "The Great Santa Claus Chase" offers a great living room scene from season 3 and I'm pretty sure there's not one there. There definitely was a radio in the living room...and I don't mean CB radio.

Nice job of remembering the hospital TV Hoss.

TV wasn't mentioned a whole lot on the show. I remember Cooter mentioning the old TV show about the FBI "They have a good TV show" Other than that and Hoss's reference I can't think of any mention of televisions....except I wouldn't be surprised if Boss hired someone to steal a truckload at some point in the series. I think there were televisions in the truckload of stuff the Dukes recovered that Boss was stealing from the senior citizens center. Hmm, was that "Return of the Ridge Raiders"?

...except I wouldn't be surprised if Boss hired someone to steal a truckload at some point in the series.

Boss handed over $10,000 for $100,000 of stolen TV sets in 'Road Pirates' (which he never received). There was "a whole truckload of recreation equipment" in 'Return of the Ridge Raiders', but it didn't go into detail - there could have been a TV in there.

Thanks for the imput everyone. I didn't know if maybe I just had missed something obvious.

i1976: I'm pretty sure the Dukes have a "spare bedroom" at the farm, but I can't remember which episode it's in.

I'm going to stick with "no" as the answer unless someone comes along who can say "yes", lol. I'm thinking I saw a small black and white number at Cooter's in some ep. I don't know about that either, but I have less of a problem fudging stuff at Cooter's than I do at the Duke Farm.

Robby and co. watch a NASCAR race on TV in 'Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard', but he's in hospital at the time.

Oh yes, I remember that too, but I think he meant on the duke farm, not once was there a time that they sat and watched tv, they was busy fighting the system, radio yes, Like in "Daisy's song", but never no tv watching on the duke farm.

I really think the Dukes of Hazzard writers went way out of their way to make it hard for us fan-fic writers to get any detailed information from the show. So many things change from one episode to the next that it is hard to know what to use or to go by.

But do love the fact that I was not imagining the TV set...LOL.

If anyone could let me know either way and possibly the episode that it's in, I would be very grateful!!
The screencap I posted was from Season 4 Episode 17 at the time of 26:45. Also you can see the tv in a later episode too, this is Season 4 Episode 19 at the time of 34:38

2z9jort.png

It might also be before S04E17 and after S4e9 that the tv was shown but im not sure about that, mostly this space was empty.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...