Duke Farm

HossC said:
Welcome to HNet.

Unfortunately, the original Duke Farm is no longer there. It was dismantled last year, and I know that some HNet members were lucky enough to purchase parts of it. You can read a bit about it in this thread.

Thank you for the update. Do you know why they dismantled it ? Sorry Im a long time dukes fan but pretty new to the forms.

Chandler Prime 01 said:
Oh wow ! Have you heard the same thing i had about some ol fan in alabama repairing/rebuilding to the exact mold of the orignal house ?

I'm not sure if I've heard that particular story, but there was talk of preserving the farm for its historical significance (long before Dukes :)). There's more discussion about the farm here.

• 1 month later...
Do someone remember a thread about the farm's floor plan?

I think Roger posted something 'bout it.

I think the thread you're after is here. Wekke sketched out his version of the floor plan, and there was some discussion about the number of bedrooms/bathrooms. I might have a look myself when I get my own computer up and running again.

• 3 months later...
Follow the link I posted and you'll see Wekke's floorplan (it's on page 2). Alternatively, it's here:

img022.jpg

Howdy from West Texas! -Question: The original Duke Farm-House had three chimneys as shown in the drawing here, correct? I'm confused about this being the original Duke-Farm house and the house which was torn down / talked about in the 'Save The Duke Farm' thread. That one looking to be more of a log-cabin and this white house here looking to be more of a regular house.

So there's the pics of the house remains, only two chimneys standing as everyone here has seen... but the confusing part is the fact that the house had 3 chimneys... where did that 3rd one go? But, again I say the one structure is more log-cabin style, while this one in the diagram as we all know is more of a house-house.

There are 3 in total Duke-Farm houses used in the TV series correct? I've been reading here on the forums for some years though I don't visit as often as I should.

Hope I've not typed this in a confusing way, I just woke up after being up all night watching Dukes

The kitchen part of the Georgia Duke Farm was torn down a few years before the rest of the house together with the one chimney. The landowner wanted to demolish it and started doing so, but they stopped after it was said that it had to be preserved. But after some more years the house was falling apart and had to be demolished (It was too dangerous to let it standing), They left the chimney's of that parts of the house standing.

As for saying there were 3 Duke farms is not correct.

1. There was one Duke Farm in Georgia which was a house build long before Dukes. Interior shots of the first 3 or 4 Georgia episodes were really shot inside the house. The last Georgia episode already had interior shots of the Duke Farm from inside a Warner sound stage.
  2. The second Duke farm was build at Disney's Golden Oaks Movie Ranch and can be first seen in swamp Molly. That's episode 6 of season 1. It was used untill they went to Lake sherwood.
  3. The Thirth Duke farm was build at Lake Sherwood. This was used from somewhere in season 1 or the beginning of season two the end of season 4.
  4. When Warner Bros was told they had to leave Lake Sherwood (because they had plans for the ground) they got themselves a new movie ranch. This was the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch. It was used from the first episode of season 5 to the end of the series in season 7.

So there's the pics of the house remains, only two chimneys standing as everyone here has seen... but the confusing part is the fact that the house had 3 chimneys... where did that 3rd one go? But, again I say the one structure is more log-cabin style, while this one in the diagram as we all know is more of a house-house.

There are 3 in total Duke-Farm houses used in the TV series correct? I've been reading here on the forums for some years though I don't visit as often as I should.

In case anyone isn't clear about the two chimneys you're talking about, here's an aerial shot from 2011 that shows what was left after demolition.

DukeFarm2011.jpg

Here's the Georgia Duke Farm as it appeared in 'Daisy's Song' - it shows the kitchen part that Roth mentions. When Dukes was filmed, the "log-cabin" you describe had white cladding covering it.

DukeFarmGeorgia.jpg

This is the California Duke Farm when it was at Lake Sherwood. As far as I know, the same building was moved from ranch to ranch, so there was one in Georgia and one in California. This site is now part of the Sherwood Country Club.

DukeFarm.jpg

If you click on the 'Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch' link that Roth posted above, you'll see that the farm (and Boar's Nest) appeared in several other TV shows/movies after Dukes finished.

Thanks for replies I reckon my confusion was based on these two shots and how different they look.

DSC01114.jpg

DSC01113.jpg

I understand now more after reading ya'lls replies. I hope those pix show up as I'm having major technical issues today with computers, cameras, the internet in general.

The pictures show up fine for me. Just to clarify - the chimney next to the General in the second picture is the one that's mostly hidden on the left of the first picture.

I finally comprehend ha!, it's been a long night and a long morning here. Thanks again for replies about this.

I haven't looked at the Georgia filming locations, I've been looking to much on Valencia Oaks. This is the first time I notice the farm house actually had an outside roofed part. I always though the Movie Ranch Farms were almost a carbon copy of this house, but it ain't as I can now see. I should take a look at the Georgia episodes to see if i can see that there too.

But if i'm honest, the Golden Oaks Movie Ranch is the best in my opinion. It's not just out in the open but with some high bushes next to it giving it a more homely feel.

P.S. I just got a look at Lenora road and found some pictures of the Pressing plant and High Octane Blockage some further up the road.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Follow the link I posted and you'll see Wekke's floorplan (it's on page 2). Alternatively, it's here:

img022.jpg

I still wonder if the farm had a guest-room. Looking at this foorplan, it looks like there are four bedrooms, with a small bedroom near the living room, while the family's bedrooms (three bedrooms) are at the opposite site of the possible guest-room.