Dukes of Hazzard Diecast Models

HossC

I think the wheels are pretty close, although the reflections make it difficult to tell. I agree that the hood decals are slightly off (not by much), but the site describes it as a "sample displayed at iHobby toy show". It's quite possible that details will change before it's released.

Off topic I know, but I seem to remember that Roger has a liking for the Charlie's Angels Mustang II. The 1:18 version by Greenlight Collectibles comes out next week (October 14th), although maybe it's not the same without Farrah Fawcett on the hood ;).

Aw yes, your memory is correct. I fell in love with Farrah in 1976. My brother went into the Marines and I bought his Mustang II in 1977 and fell in love with my first car. In 1979 I broke Farrah's heart and fell in love with Daisy. I was a pretty busy young man in the mid-late 70s.

Thanks for posting this picture of the Mustang!

The decal on the hood looks like it ain't right and the wheels are the wrong type.

You're quite right Roth, I should've done my research better. When I said the wheels were pretty close, I was comparing them to the picture on the Supercar Collectibles site:

RoadRunnerWheels1.jpg

These are common wheels for Mopars of that era (I even did my FanArt version with these wheels!). However, when I looked at the larger image and compared it with the actual scene from 'Money to Burn' (below), I realized that the wheels have been Photoshopped on the picture above. I guess it was easier to make the picture look like the model than make the model look like the real car. It's a shame when these models fall down on simple details like this (see my previous comments on Cooter's Camaro here). Hopefully they can fix the wheels before release.

RoadRunnerWheels2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Daisy's Roadrunner has been set back to June/July 2014.

AutoWorld is about to release a new version of the Georgia Police Monaco's. Here are the first pre-production shots.

http://dukescollector.blogspot.nl/2013/11/pre-production-shots-of-auto-worlds-new.html

The lightbar looks pretty sick with the newly added details inside of it. I hope they will make those chrome strips on the side 3d. If they do, I'm sold.

Anyone remember Rosco having a shotgun in his car? :-?

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the link, Roth. It's a shame they went with the wrong wheels, because apart from that, it looks pretty good. I see that the manufacturers managed to omit the interior 1/4 panels in the rear (see Super Car Collectibles), but they don't plan on doing anything about it. I found the car on a couple of sites for $89.95, which seems quite pricey considering it isn't a high detail version. One last small gripe - since they've gone to the trouble of using the correct license plate, why don't they use a realistic license plate typeface instead of something similar to Arial?

On a separate issue, it's good news for Roger. GreenLight are releasing a higher detail version of the Charlie's Angels Mustang II in a couple of months, this time complete with Farrah Fawcett figurine :).

It's a shame about the wheels, considering that and the detail it is very pricey and I won't buy it.

I love the Roadrunner but for some reason I've always felt the roadrunner was too much a fast car like the General Lee. I want the Jeep in this scale, would be nice. Also Daisy's tough figure fitted better with the Jeep in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

I read a few days ago on Dukescollector that there are some more cars released, but for some reason I cannot find that post again. :(

I'm not sure if this classifies as diecast but it is a scale model. In my country we don't use the term diecast.

My dad loves to make scale model kits of planes. At one time I asked if he could make a charger, He said if you pay for it I will. So he made one. Here it is. :D It's a Revell Muscle I believe.

16460574116_426aac4f70_o.jpg

It looks good with the other charger models.

16486570205_a62260d089_o.jpg

If you look closely you can see the white Hot Wheels Charger has a black grill painted. I'm thinking of painting the others too but I'm not sure yet.

• 3 years later...

GreenLight Collectibles have some upcoming 1:18 releases which may interest people here. Firstly, out now, is their 1977 Plymouth Fury in Hazzard livery:
Greenlight1.jpg
Then in May, there's Uncle Jesse's pickup:
Greenlight2.jpg

Greenlight3.jpg

Out now or coming soon, they also have various other TV and movie cars - see here for more details.

I've never bought any GreenLight models before, so if anyone has experience of them, please share it here.

• 10 months later...
On 10/8/2013 at 3:01 PM, HossC said:

Supercar Collectibles finally have sample pictures of the upcoming 1:18 model of Daisy's 1971 Road Runner. The expected delivery date has now been put back to March, 2014. More details here.

DiecastRoadRunner.jpg

They also have news of an updated version of Rosco's patrol car, but a "newer yet" lightbar is the only detail listed for the improvements. Release is likely to be May 2014.

Off topic I know, but I seem to remember that Roger has a liking for the Charlie's Angels Mustang II. The 1:18 version by Greenlight Collectibles comes out next week (October 14th), although maybe it's not the same without Farrah Fawcett on the hood ;).

DiecastCharliesAngels.jpg

Ahhhhh....the memories. My first car was a 1975 Mustang II. It was only 3 years old when I took over the $99 monthly payments after my brother left for the Marines. I might have been a redneck but I had the coolest car in high school. 

• 11 months later...

I've been watching a few YouTube videos recently which show people restoring/customizing Matchbox diecast vehicles. I came across one today where the YouTuber was making a Smokey and the Bandit/Back to the Future crossover called 'Time Bandit'. In the video, he also shows an earlier time machine crossover which he referred to as 'Back to Hazzard' - you can probably guess what vehicle he based it on:

On 10/26/2020 at 6:24 PM, HossC said:

I've been watching a few YouTube videos recently which show people restoring/customizing Matchbox diecast vehicles. I came across one today where the YouTuber was making a Smokey and the Bandit/Back to the Future crossover called 'Time Bandit'. In the video, he also shows an earlier time machine crossover which he referred to as 'Back to Hazzard' - you can probably guess what vehicle he based it on:

I have the silver version of that matchbox Trans Am. I have two of those Dixie Challengers, one I had as a kid and played the heck out of it and one I bought at a garage sale a few years ago that's in really good condition. 

If any of you guys wonder what a General Lee monster truck would look like Hot Wheels has an orange '69 Charger monster truck out and all it needs is a few stickers or steady artist hand to transform it into the General Lee.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 11:58 PM, HossC said:

GreenLight Collectibles have some upcoming 1:18 releases which may interest people here. Firstly, out now, is their 1977 Plymouth Fury in Hazzard livery:

Then in May, there's Uncle Jesse's pickup:

Out now or coming soon, they also have various other TV and movie cars - see here for more details.

I've never bought any GreenLight models before, so if anyone has experience of them, please share it here.

These look excellent. It's just a shame that the postage on diecasts etc costs so much from the USA to the UK.

6 minutes ago, CHARGER UK said:

These look excellent. It's just a shame that the postage on diecasts etc costs so much from the USA to the UK.

I was lucky to build most of my collection when there were nearly two dollars to the pound. Postage back then was about $40 for the first model and then $10-15 for each one after that (when ordered together). I was also lucky that the Post Office only charged me import taxes a couple of times! You can buy them from UK sellers on a well-known auction site, but they're around £90-100. If it's any consolation, they will almost certainly go up in value

6 minutes ago, HossC said:

I was lucky to build most of my collection when there were nearly two dollars to the pound. Postage back then was about $40 for the first model and then $10-15 for each one after that (when ordered together). I was also lucky that the Post Office only charged me import taxes a couple of times! You can buy them from UK sellers on a well-known auction site, but they're around £90-100. If it's any consolation, they will almost certainly go up in value

You certainly had some luck there then. Im in the process of converting a 1:18 scale Charger into a General Lee. I've repainted the interior and made a push bar for it. Im now waiting for the decals to arrive from the USA.

• 1 month later...