Go chicago bears :)

Garrett Duke

Okay, I have to mention some high school football right now. One of the schools in our county had won the state title in their division. 1st in school history. Has had a total of over 800 points through the whole season and is 15-0.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad your hs team is doing good. That is always exciting to keep up with especially if you know the kids on the team.

As for me...I am not a happy Bears fan right now. One would think that since I am closer to Chicago that Fox would air the Bears game, but no, they are playing the Packers game. Not a happy fan right now. Been keeping up with the game through Facebook and Twitter. But definately not the same as watching the game.

Not bad enough have no race to watch today, now no football either. Sorry y'all, but needed to vent. Not that complaining about it has helped any, but still. . .

Our teams had some excitement today Garrett. Your boys must have broke your heart after squeezing in a field goal to make it to OT, only to lose to Meadowmufn's Seahawks.

My Steelers had me jumping for joy with a last second field goal to win 23-20 in regulation against their rivals, the Ravens.

Yes it did...broke my heart big time. Very disappointing game for this Bears fan. Not only that we lost some great players today in today's game due to injuries. Earl Bennet out with a concussion, Tim Jennings shoulder injury, and Brian Urlacher tore hamstring or something like that. All those are from today's game...got a few others out due to last week's game. My Bears won't have much of a team if they all end up on the disabled list...:-o:cry:

Congrats on your win Roger with the Steelers...bet both you and MM were jumping for joy today. Guess that leaves me as the odd one out. ;)

Poor Garrett. If I have these numbers correct after a 7-1 start the Bears have now lost 4 of their last 5. I sure can't tease you after my Steelers got beat by the Chargers today. I think the Chargers had lost 7 of their last 8 before coming into Pittsburgh and beating them.

I guess this means our dream Super Bowl of Steelers vs Bears is in danger.

Poor Garrett. If I have these numbers correct after a 7-1 start the Bears have now lost 4 of their last 5. I sure can't tease you after my Steelers got beat by the Chargers today. I think the Chargers had lost 7 of their last 8 before coming into Pittsburgh and beating them.

I guess this means our dream Super Bowl of Steelers vs Bears is in danger.

Yesterday was another sad day for this Bears fan. :( Yeah I think their Super Bowl dreams have gotten a huge hit these past few games...thanks to ALL of their injuries on the team. Sorry to hear your Steelers lost as well...sigh. :( Onto next week...gonna be a big game next week. Packers are coming to Chicago...LET'S GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn: (Think I'll have to watch that game with my eyes closed...LOL) Best o' luck to your Steelers, Roger.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we are heading into the last week of the 2012 football season and with a win from my Bears last week against the Cardinals the Bears still have a little hope of making the play offs...sadly it requires a win from the Bears' rivals, the Packers. :roll: (LOL) Bears will have to win against the Lions Sunday and the Vikings will have to lose against the Packers to get into the play offs. Otherwise their bags will be packed and I'll be forced to live the whole month of January with no sports to watch...guess I can always watch the Bulls. ;)

LET'S GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does your teams look going into the last weekend of the season?

The Steelers are out of the playoff hunt but they're playing for a lot of pride. The Browns beat them last time and the Browns/Steelers rivalry is one of the biggest in all sports. Since the Browns aren't good this year (again) it would really hurt if the Steelers lost in Pittsburgh to them.

Good luck to your Bears Garrett.

Meadowmufn's Seahawks are really riding a wave. It will be interesting to see how they do in the postseason.

I've been a life long bears fan. The way I look at next weeks game is its a win win situation. If we lose, Hopefully Lovie Smith will be fired. And if we win, then we will have Another week of the Bears. it's sad that we have to root for Green Bay to win though.

Personally I like Lovie Smith...but by what people are saying on FB, I may be the only one to feel that way. Then again, I liked him when he was with the Ram and Kurt Wariner. But if the Bears would play better for another coach, then I guess that is what would count.

I am really hoping for a win against he Lions despite the whole manager/coach situation. I heard he still has another year on his contract to go as well..

Excited that Julius Peppers, Charles Tillman, Henry Melton, Brandon Marshall and Tim Jennings all made the Pro Bowl for the Bears! :D (I think I got all that right ;) )

Luckily for Steelers fans we ended up with a victory against the Browns to end our season. A loss would have added insult to injury to one of the most dismal seasons we've had in awhile.

After the playoff seedings are in place we'll do predictions on who's going to win the big show in February.

Congrats on that Bears win Garrett and Jamie.

Luckily for Steelers fans we ended up with a victory against the Browns to end our season. A loss would have added insult to injury to one of the most dismal seasons we've had in awhile.

After the playoff seedings are in place we'll do predictions on who's going to win the big show in February.

Congrats on that Bears win Garrett and Jamie.

Glad your Steelers won for you Roger. Always good to end the season with a win. Hopefully next season will lead your Steelers to the post season.

Thanks for the congrats. Excited for the win...and now watching the (cough cough) Packers (cough cough) game. And for the first time am sad to see them losing at the half.

Glad your Steelers won for you Roger. Always good to end the season with a win. Hopefully next season will lead your Steelers to the post season.

Thanks for the congrats. Excited for the win...and now watching the (cough cough) Packers (cough cough) game. And for the first time am sad to see them losing at the half.

Well the Packers lost to the Vikings...the Vikings are in for the play offs. The Bears are out...:( Onto next year. :)

• 2 months later...

Well y'all I know football season is now a thing of the past as we move into baseball season...dang I can't wait for opening day! GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

But do feel the need to do some football venting right about now. Know most of you are probably not Bears fans (but I don't know why...LOL) but have to say this Bears fan is highly let down and disappointed. First they fire or get rid of their head coach Lovie Smith. Personally, I thought he was great for the team and hated to see him go.

And once I got over that...they throw this at me...

They have let their veteran linebacker...leader of the team...Brian Urlacher go! After thirteen great seasons that Urlacher gave to the Bears they show him to the door. Offer him a two million dollar contract for one year...told him to take it or leave it. Granted to us two million dollars is A LOT of money...I would love a fraction of that money. But to football players? That isn't a lot of money. Especially when you look around at what other players make. Urlacher said he would have agreed to three million or three point five million but the Bears wouldn't budge or negotiate at all with him.

So now instead of retiring as a Bear, as Urlacher was planning on in another two years, he will now most likely go to another team or is now looking into other offers.

Making this Bears fan...and Brian Urlacher fan...very sad :cry: :cry: :cry:.

As I said, first it was Lovie Smith and now Brian Urlacher. Just a sad day for Bears fans...

All I got to say when it comes time for football's opening day, Julius Peppers and Jay Cutler better still be sporting Bears uniforms at Soldier Field.

Nope...just won't be the same without Brian Urlacher in the 54 BEARS jersey on Soldier field. Seems so WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Well y'all, if you have read all of this, thank you for listening to my vent over a loss of a great player as he moves onto a new chapter in his career and I guess the Bears will do the same. Just so sad though.

Now that I got that out of the way...

LET'S GO CHICAGO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a Bears fan but every loyal sports fan has felt the sting of what you're going through. The more loyal a person is, the more it hurts when disappointment comes around. The only alternative is to not be loyal so you'll never be hurt. Sounds pretty boring to me.

Well Roger I doubt that will ever happen for me...I am pretty darn loyal to my sports teams. So I guess I will continue to feel the sting despite the hurt and all that comes with it.

I agree Jamie...Urlacher has a lot to add to the Bears on the field and off the field.

• 5 months later...

Well Roger...don't know if you know it yet or not, but this upcoming weekend is going to be a big one for both of us. Not only does your Pirates come to Chicago next Monday, but my BEARS go to your Pittsburgh on Sunday. You think your team is up for the Bears? After all, the Bears are 2-0 so far...meaning they have won every seasonal game this year! The Bears seem to have a great group of talented players playing for them this year and players who are supporting and protecting Jay Cutler...have heard a time or two, that this year is the Bears' year. So....are you ready?????????????????????

LET'S GO CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Garrett Duke

Sorry Roger...I don't bet. If betting went as my fantasy sports does, that means I'd just curse the Bears (which I probably already do since I have the Bears players on my team already...) so I don't want to curse them or cause them bad luck by placing a bet on them. ;) Besides...we already know the Bears are the best football team. I mean they have won every seasonal game this year so far...now haven't they? ;)