My Experience with Cooter at the Garrett County Fair!

Wow!! I am still high on cloud 9 right now from last night….It was sooooo awesome!! I promise I will try not to ramble and make my story uncomprehendable ( Is that even a word, spell check is telling me no!)….But I wouldn’t count on it…So anyways I reckon I will start from the beginning….

So it was finally Thursday, and I was dead tired…I had been up for a couple days straight making a cookbook for my grandma for our family reunion in about 3 weeks. She needed it done ASAP so copies could be made. So I was slow to start and didn’t make it up to the fair until about 12. I didn’t even get my ‘01’s on my nails yet. I was still waiting for the orange to dry. So we walked around, and around. I was going to ride the rides, but there was only three that would allow single riders, and I didn’t have anyone to ride with until later that night. So I continued walking around, a couple hours had passed now. And then I heard someone say “oh that’s cool†and the other person said “What?†They said “That Dukes Car†Hahaha I lost track of everything and turned around…low and behold there was that there pretty orange car we know and love called the General Lee!! It had just arrived, just as I got over to it, they made the announcement that it had arrived.

Along with the General Lee was Dave’s Mobile Dukes Museum. It was this little trailer type thing that was filled with Dukes of Hazzard Memorabilia. It was soo cool. It was a little space, but it was packed. I took pictures, and I will have to post them somewhere later. It was really interesting. I wish I had looked longer, but there was a good many people going through it. The couple that owned the General was really nice. I talked to the girl, her name was Jill, gosh for probably a good hour…She loves John Schneider! She had various picture albums of 8X10’s and some of her personal pictures from different events on a table for everyone to look at. It was really neat, she had a lot of cool pictures. Right now I wish I had taken a picture of the one with John and he was holding a chicken….I had never seen it before. When everyone was talking, Alma came over and took a look at the museum and the car. Then she left to go sit things up. A little bit later here comes Cooter in the golf cart. He came to see the car and the museum. He went in and looked around for a good while. Then a whole bunch of kids came and he talked to them. It was soo great to see that. That little kids still love the Dukes and how they love meeting the cast.

The one little boy was telling Cooter “it was no wonder that them Duke Boys always got away from them cop car, cause them cop cars were always crashing and running into things, I don’t know how they got anywhere!†All the kids that went away from talking to Cooter had the biggest smile on their faces. It was like they just won the lottery. He looked like he really enjoyed everyone. I was standing there watching and listening and he looked over at me and said “Hi There! How are you doing?†I replied great and he said he liked my shirt. I had about 20 people tell me they really liked my shirt! 8) Then he asked me if I was coming to Hazzard Homecoming… I replied it was doubtful because of some circumstances (Our dear sweet Betsy, our car, decided to die about 2 weeks ago…transmission, brakes, and some other odds and ends, so right now it’s on the line if I get to go or not) But I went last year and it was a lot of fun. He said that I should come this year, the whole cast is gonna be there and it’s gonna be a whole lot of fun. I said I really wish I could, maybe next year, if they have one. He said alrighty then and asked if I was going to come to the show tonight. I said I sure was. Then it was time for him to go and he said bye to everyone. Then is when I went in the museum thingy. One other funny story. They had all these models of The General in there, including some of the oes they made black and chrome. There was a little boy about 4 who was looking at them. He pointed to the black one and said “That ain’t the General Lee, The Duke boys drove that orange one, they never drove a black thing! That ain’t right!!†it was soo cute….Then he was like, I like the orange one better anyways!!â€

So after that…or maybe it was before that…I’m really not sure, everything is kind of a jumble. But I was talking to Jill, the lady who owned the General….well half the General…I think she told someone that she owned the half that John signed, the other was her husbands. But anyways I was looking at her pictures and they had a whole bunch where they were in the General Lee, and I said I had never got to sit in a General Lee yet. So a little bit later, what do you know! They let me sit in it and get my picture taken. When she told me I could, I told her “If I could jump up and down right now without anyone asking why I would†I was ecstatic!! So I Was in the General….I got to put my hands on the wheel….hahaha you have no idea how excited I was…..So I got my picture taken. Then I talked a bit more and then I seen Cooter was signing autographs and taking pictures, so I made my way down to that building with my scrapbook page in hand…Oooo I’ll have to post a picture of that.

2sayrh5.jpg

So we went down, and my mama had finally met up with us. We went and stood in line, probably about an hour. Then just as I was the next one in line, they cut it and said it was time for him to be in the parade. He was going through in the General. Haha he made the announcement that he would be back and stay all night if he had to to sign autographs. Then he looked at me and said “There you are again! Don’t worry I’ll get back to ya.†Then he looked at Alma and said “She was at homecoming last year†She said Oh really!! That’s cool and something else. I told her yea that he was the only one I didn’t get to see last year. She said don’t you worry, you’ll get to see him today. Just remember you was first in line and line up that way. (hahahahahahahahaha if only that worked) So I went and watched the parade. I wish my brain would have worked to realize he was in the passenger side and for me to get on that side to take pictures. But here is one, if you look close he is waving!!

4ibrqh.jpg

So when it was over, I went back in and he came in and started singing. He sang the older songs, and I loved it! He just seemed soo happy to be up there. I remember one of the things he said, that I remember him saying at Homecoming last year was “I’m not a singer, I’m an actor….I act like I sing.†He talked in between the songs, and it was just reallt really nice. Everyone seemed to be enjoying theirselves. Everyone was tapping their toes and bouncing in their seats to the music. I took some pictures, but they didn’t turn out the best, so I recorded some. But he is a picture I liked while he was singing.

2h51dsm.jpg

So then when his show was done, and of course the last song he sang was the good ol’ boys. 8) I loved that. I think the song I like him most singing is Rocky Top. Anyways after the show he went to sign more autographs. And of course, the people that was in the actual autograph line, got shoved backwards by the people who decided they wanted to make a new line, and so they all got in front of the original ones that were in line. So I stood there another hour. It was ok, we had people to talk to! Then finally I was the next one, he seen me and started laughing and said “There you are! I have seen you all day today, and you finally made it here!†Then he gave me a hug!! 8) WOO HOO!!

ckpaa.jpg

Well since we can only have 4 pictures per post...I am going to finish my story in the next post... 8)

So he sat down and we started talking. I told him I really enjoyed the show and homecoming last year…etc etc etc. He signed my scrapbook page, and my flyer about this year’s homecoming, and my General Lee shirt. While he was signing he was singing and talking away like he had known me his whole life. It was probably a good five minutes, to most that doesn’t seem like long, but usually if you get a minute to talk your lucky. He was super nice. I asked him about a Homecoming next year, he said he really didn’t know. It just takes so much and things have really been hard. He was sure. They would have to see. He said that if they don’t do it, then maybe someone else would. Time would tell. So that didn’t sound very hopeful. I told him well if I start walking now I might make it to the one this year. He just started laughing and said well maybe you can catch a ride and point pack over his shoulder at the couple that own the General and winked. So then I got my picture with him, and shook his hand and said good bye. I didn’t want to leave…

1am9d.jpg

I had sooo much fun, and then I went and rode some of the rides…That was fun too. But I had a great experience this time. I am soo grateful that I got to go, and had such a wonderful time. Sorry for this being so long, I could probably write more, but I won’t….I will have to post a few more pictures later….Or in a few days….when I get back to good internet!! :p

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I didn’t know where else to put it.

• 5 months later...
Great pictures, Redneck Girl! Thanks for sharing. Though someday it'd be nice to see your whole face there.

A little late with this response...But Brian if I show my whole face how am I supposed to keep up with the fan of the month write-up I got which stated:

Our Fan of the Month for September 2011 is a real woman of mystery, as you can tell by her photo with Catherine Bach! "Redneck girl 01" joined us in March of 2008. While she's outgoing and friendly with everyone on HazzardNet, she's a little shy about sharing her face with the world!

and

She also included a link to her Facebook (faceless-book?) page.

I just loved that, it made me smile!! :):D I thought of it when you said about showing my face....

Ehhh maybe I will one of these days, when I don't feel like getting my "01" mask out and dusting it off!! :-P;)