The Coffin works?

I'm working on a story and I was wondering if anyone remembers the road that the Dukes took to get to the coffin works? I remember that it was kind of out in the boonies and that's what I really need for my story to work. I won't go into too much detail so I don't spoil my current story for those that are following it (but willing to share through messages if anyone is curious) but needless to say I plan a bit of drama in the coming chapters that will include a stop off at the coffin works. If anyone happens to know the answer let me know. I'm at work and writing so I don't have my DVD's handy. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

I'm afraid I can't help with the road, but I did have a quick flick through 'Money to Burn' earlier. Rosco gets called there by Boss when he's at Cooter's garage, and Boss tells him to be there in 10 minutes. I may have missed other references to its location because I skipped through the episode. Here's a couple of screengrabs that may help:

CoffinWorks0111.jpg

There is a small chapel next to the Coffin Works with a crematorium on the side. Adjacent to that is 'Hogg's Heavenly Acres'.

HeavenlyAcres0111.jpg

There are a couple of other buildings visible nearby in 'Money to Burn', but I think it's meant to be fairly isolated.

I grabbed a few seasons to bring with me on my way to work tonight but something tells me I might have grabbed the wrong ones. You know how that goes. I'll have to watch the episodes with it to refresh my memory as I write the scene but I was thinking it was isolated. A perfect staging ground for a Psycho to go crazy huh? LOL!! Actually it's good that you reminded me of the cemetary since (Spoiler alert) I planned to have someone buried alive by the psycho. I'd thought of having it done off in the swamp but the cemetary is much more convenient since I already have the drama unfolding at the coffin works. ;)

I believe the road is Chestnut Trail.

In addition to checking "Money To Burn" from season 1 check out "Double Dukes" from season 4 and "Dead and Alive" from season 6.

In "Dead and Alive" the cemetary has a different name. It's called Hogg's Heavenly Haven Cemetary. I don't think the coffin works is in that episode but it should be in "Double Dukes" in addition to "Money To Burn". Let us know what you find out.

Thanks. I appreciate it. I know in season six the cemetery is an old one that only crooks were buried at. That would explain the different name. Anyway, off to research how long someone can stay alive while buried in a pine box. I guess I can be called a Drama Queen. I LOVE writing drama and suspense. Now whether I'm any good at it, that's up for debate.:innocent:

I believe the road is Chestnut Trail...

I've just skipped through 'Double Dukes'. The building is now referred to as "the old Coffin Works" and has a "For Sale or Lease" sign on the outside. Even though it's no longer used, the sign has been repainted since 'Money to Burn'. Heavenly Acres seems to have disappeared and the shots are framed so the chapel and crematorium are hidden (if they're still there). When Bo and Luke escape from the old Coffin Works they meet up with Rosco, Jesse, Daisy and Cooter. Bo claims they have been 20 miles away for the last three hours, but no indication is given to where this scene takes place relative to the town, farm etc.

When the Dukes and Cooter are sitting around the kitchen table at the Duke farm they agree to split up and look for the imposters. Bo and Luke decide to go back to the old Coffin Works, Jesse and Daisy go for Chestnut Trail and Cooter takes Indian Springs. I didn't see an address given for the old Coffin Works.

• 8 years later...
On 7/15/2012 at 5:14 PM, HossC said:

I'm afraid I can't help with the road, but I did have a quick flick through 'Money to Burn' earlier. Rosco gets called there by Boss when he's at Cooter's garage, and Boss tells him to be there in 10 minutes. I may have missed other references to its location because I skipped through the episode. Here's a couple of screengrabs that may help:

CoffinWorks0111.jpg

There is a small chapel next to the Coffin Works with a crematorium on the side. Adjacent to that is 'Hogg's Heavenly Acres'.

HeavenlyAcres0111.jpg

There are a couple of other buildings visible nearby in 'Money to Burn', but I think it's meant to be fairly isolated.

HossC... Wasn't the Coffin Works the same building used as the old Cotton mill in Reunion 1997?