Who Should Have Played Daisy Duke Besides Bimbo Simpson???

Daisy Duke Castees  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Daisy Duke Castees

• Jessica Beil
    • Carmen Electra
    • Sandra Bullock
    • Gretchen Wilson
    • Tara Reid
    • Eliza Dashku
    • Jamie Pressly
    • Amy Smart

Well after all i have read about Jessica Simpson snubbing her nose at people during filming and all, it is in my best saying....GO TO HELL!!!! She does not realize what type of role she has gotten as I am sure she was only 2 when the Dukes of Hazzard premeired.... :lol:

I have seen numerous pictures of the filming and I still believe Scott and Knoxville are not Bo and Luke but they are not as bad as I was once percieving.

Well anyhow I have a list of people here that should have been casted for Daisy. Please give me some feedback on who should have played Daisy besides Bimbo Simpson.

Thanks,

The Hazzard Fanatic

Do not get me wrong, she does look good in those "dukes" but my point is she is not being friendly like the ol Duke cast. Unfortunately I do have to accept she is playing the role but I think someone else could have did better and by the votes so far it shows good ol Gretchen (who is very friendly to her fans) would have been good for the part...lol.

Believe me folks, I definately see where the character of Daisy Duke and country singer Gretchen Wilson have a few things in common, but there is no way that Wilson could play Daisy Duke in the new movie. Sure, both women are alike in that they are both brunettes, tough country girls, who like country music, but that's about it. Gretchen just doesn't have the looks that's needed to be Daisy Duke. She's doesn't have the body and she's definately not all that pretty. She just looks very hard and rough.

Catherine Bach had it all. She is and always will be Daisy Duke and is the standard of what the role of Daisy Duke should be. Out of the actresses listed above, Jessica Biel would have been a great choice. She even kind of reminds me of a young Catherine Bach. Overall, I really think that actress Kate Beckinsale would have been the absolute best choice as Daisy. She has the looks, the body, and can play tough when she has to.

I really think they made a bad choice with Jessica Simpson. They should have at least had her dye her hair for the part. it would have given her a lot more credibilty as Daisy Duke.

GADuke01

>>>>Gretchen just doesn't have the looks that's needed to be Daisy Duke. She's doesn't have the body and she's definately not all that pretty. She just looks very hard and rough. <<<<<

After seeing a picture of Beckingsale, I would definitely agree she could

have been great for the role. I was not too familiar with who she was but i am glad to know now. She should have been in the pole.

I think Gretchen is HOT, she does not look hard and rough but people are entitled to thier opinion. As the pole shows Gretchen is the hottest choice right now. Maybe if there ever was new series made, Gretchen would be good for that but in a role of Daisy's cousin or something. I definitely do not want WB to do a series after the movie with other people playing Bo, Luke, and Daisy. Ben Jones had the best idea with the originals intoroducing the new Dukes concept which I would do as well if I was in the TV biz. WB made a mistake of not taking on Ben Jones to at least let him help with the creative part of the movie instead of some slapstick director. But that is my opinion and mine alone. If anyone agrees let me know, If anyone disagrees wit the director let me know.

Thanks,

Hazzard Fanatic

>>>>Gretchen just doesn't have the looks that's needed to be Daisy Duke. She's doesn't have the body and she's definately not all that pretty. She just looks very hard and rough. <<<<<

After seeing a picture of Beckingsale, I would definitely agree she could

have been great for the role. I was not too familiar with who she was but i am glad to know now. She should have been in the pole.

I think Gretchen is HOT, she does not look hard and rough but people are entitled to thier opinion. As the pole shows Gretchen is the hottest choice right now. Maybe if there ever was new series made, Gretchen would be good for that but in a role of Daisy's cousin or something. I definitely do not want WB to do a series after the movie with other people playing Bo, Luke, and Daisy. Ben Jones had the best idea with the originals intoroducing the new Dukes concept which I would do as well if I was in the TV biz. WB made a mistake of not taking on Ben Jones to at least let him help with the creative part of the movie instead of some slapstick director. But that is my opinion and mine alone. If anyone agrees let me know, If anyone disagrees wit the director let me know.

Thanks,

Hazzard Fanatic

give it the F**** up already, this is not the TV show version come to the big screen, this is the adaptation of what the creator originally invisioned.

quit your b****ing about how bad jessica is to her fans, bach and they others are only nice to their fans because that is the only way they get attention these days. gretchen wilson is great as a signer, let her sing, she is with the Muzik mafia not the music and movie mafia.

how the hell do you know that the creator originally invisioned daily to be blonde, but catherine bach may have refused to dye her hair.

Mr. BamaMediaMafia,

The original producers wanted a blonde "Dolly Parton" type. Which was why Catherine Bach almost didn't try out for the part, but she did and the rest is Hazzard history.

I agree that everyone has their own verison of how they see a person, but I happen to have met several cast members, and they don't as you put it "are only nice to their fans because that is the only way they get attention these days." In fact you're only one out of many DOH fans that I have had the pleasure to know or speak with, to say something like that.

Granted I may not be a part of any Hazzard society or club, be anyone importnant but there are childern who read this board, you are entitled to free speech and all that jazz, could you and others please refrain from cussin'?

Thanks

Daney

Mr. BamaMediaMafia,

The original producers wanted a blonde "Dolly Parton" type. Which was why Catherine Bach almost didn't try out for the part, but she did and the rest is Hazzard history.

I agree that everyone has their own verison of how they see a person, but I happen to have met several cast members, and they don't as you put it "are only nice to their fans because that is the only way they get attention these days." In fact you're only one out of many DOH fans that I have had the pleasure to know or speak with, to say something like that.

Granted I may not be a part of any Hazzard society or club, be anyone importnant but there are childern who read this board, you are entitled to free speech and all that jazz, could you and others please refrain from cussin'?

Thanks

Daney

i apologize, but i am making my point loud and clear, tto many times i have pulled up this board and listen to people complain and complain aboput this movie and what they don't like about it.

i've been in the entertainment industry for a couple of years, and through freelance news and radio i have met plenty of famous people, i have hobnobbed with the likes of ben affleck, robin williams, and so on.

i have been to the annual Gathering of Dukes fans, i too have met many of the actors from the show, wopat and bach are nowadays trying to move on from their past, schnieder and jones are friendly to fans yes, i take that back and admit, but wopat and bach are like shatner at a star trek convention, they are there for th publiclity money. they get royalties from every diecast General Lee that is sold.

the show became famous because of the characters and car, not the actors that portayed them.

Hey now Bamamediamafia. No need at all to make your point loud and clear and to use foul language. Just make it respectfully to everyone on this board. Everyone has a different opinion on this board . They are entitled to that. So we don't all agree with casting choices or the direction the movie might go in, we are all Dukes fans on here and respect each other. That is what makes this board fun, to see what everyone's casting choices and ideas for the movie are. I am not saying we are all perfect on here but we all get along pretty well I think. So please don't knock others for what they think. Like I said you might not agree, but there is no need to cuss them the way you have...

Darrell

To bamamediamafia:

Just like the others said, no need for the foul language. I am just giving a opinion about who would have been better suited for the Daisy Duke role. No need to get in a uproar over it. Congradulations on being in the entertainment industry by the way. I am not a big fan of Jessica Simpson because they try to publicize her way to much and I hear that she is not friendly to people.

Sorry you have to revolt to using foul language on the board. Hopefully your future posts will refrain from that. I still think eventually Gretchen will have some sort of role in acting, maybe not right now with the tour she is getting ready to do with Kenny Chesney but I look for her to do something in the next couple of years if not sooner.

I do not know what the creator orignially wanted nor did I say he did so, that comment was not neccesary.

Have a nice day,

Hazzard Fanatic

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I never liked jessica Simpson. She's a little too stupid for her own good. And if its an act thats even worse. Why would anyone want to pretend they are stupid?

Anyway, I could think of 1001 other people whome I would choose over her. Lets face it the only reason she was picked was because she'd make teenage boys drool.

Howdy Divia, welcome to HazzardNet.

Ya know, when news of Jessica's audition for Daisy first hit the press...was over a year ago, now...I was willing to give her a chance. Jessica seemed to really want the role, and she was making the most of her southern, good ol' gal image.

Now I'll reserve my judgment until I see the movie, but from the reports we heard from the set, I've gotta wonder if she bit off more than she could chew. Could explain why she's been so cranky. That, or Jessica's true colors are comin' out....and they ain't orange n' black.

Still, it'll sell a lot of posters.

Brian

I've stayed out of thsi one so far (my opinions on the new movie kinda follow Cooter's if ya know what I mean), but I did go look up a name that was mentioned a while back - Kate Beckingsale - and I *do* have to say she'd make a very beautiful Daisy. She looks a bit like Catherine did back then, maybe a little younger. The only concern I might have is that her bio I found spoke of her as being originally from London. If she had an English accent that could be a problem.

Speaking of appearance, I think they could have found better guys for the boys too... My $0.02.

• 3 weeks later...