Do wb general lee's have secret id #s stamped on them

chargercar

• 10 months later...
  • 9 years later...

Warner Brothers indeed had markings on the cars. On the dash or on the speedometer there was a tag, mostly they where red. You can sometimes spot them in episodes.

Also the engraving on the corner of the rear window like CDoherty95 mentioned.

Also they had engraved wheels from time to time.

I have pics from WGL24 I recently visited. I tried to insert them here but I can't get it done.

Can someone explain how it works so I can post pics? I press the button "other media", press "Insert image from URL",  I paste the URL , press "insert to post" and nothing happens. What's wrong here?

3 hours ago, Mr. Lee said:

I have pics from WGL24 I recently visited. I tried to insert them here but I can't get it done.

Can someone explain how it works so I can post pics? I press the button "other media", press "Insert image from URL",  I paste the URL , press "insert to post" and nothing happens. What's wrong here?

You can only directly upload very small images in the posts. The best thing to do is to use an image hosting site. It looks like Flickr lets you upload 1,000 images for free, but there are many other - just search for "free image hosting". The image host will then give you a link to post the image in the forum.

58 minutes ago, HossC said:

You can only directly upload very small images in the posts. The best thing to do is to use an image hosting site. It looks like Flickr lets you upload 1,000 images for free, but there are many other - just search for "free image hosting". The image host will then give you a link to post the image in the forum.

Hi, thanks, but that's exactly what I did using the "other media button"

25 minutes ago, Mr. Lee said:

Hi, thanks, but that's exactly what I did using the "other media button"

I've been here for well over a decade and I've never noticed that button! Out of the two choices, I'd go for "Insert image from URL", but I just paste the URL directly into the post. The forum should recognize it as an image and display it. Which image host are you using?

27 minutes ago, HossC said:

I've been here for well over a decade and I've never noticed that button! Out of the two choices, I'd go for "Insert image from URL", but I just paste the URL directly into the post. The forum should recognize it as an image and display it. Which image host are you using?

Ha, never saw it? LOL haha. Well, I used it like you say but that doesn't work, after pasting the URL nothing happens. I never knew that this forum has an "rocognize and display" option. How on earth could I haha.

Let me try, the WB I.D. from WGL24:

Oh and guys, don't spread these pics all over the net please. Thanks.

20230224_165315 20230224_165217 20230224_164113

Edited by Mr. Lee

14 minutes ago, Mr. Lee said:

Ha, never saw it? LOL haha.

When I first joined HNet, it used different software, and up where you see the bold, italic, underline, link, quote etc. buttons in the reply window there used to be one for images. You clicked it, up popped a box where you pasted the image URL and you clicked OK or Insert or something like that. All it really did was put IMG tags around the URL. Back then, I could compose my longer posts in a text editor, including images with IMG tags, and paste the whole lot into the reply window. When the software changed, I found that you could paste the URLs directly, although it seems they have to start HTTPS rather than just HTTP nowadays.

21 hours ago, HossC said:

When I first joined HNet, it used different software, and up where you see the bold, italic, underline, link, quote etc. buttons in the reply window there used to be one for images. You clicked it, up popped a box where you pasted the image URL and you clicked OK or Insert or something like that. All it really did was put IMG tags around the URL. Back then, I could compose my longer posts in a text editor, including images with IMG tags, and paste the whole lot into the reply window. When the software changed, I found that you could paste the URLs directly, although it seems they have to start HTTPS rather than just HTTP nowadays.

Sounds like a foreign language to us low tech rednecks. 

22 hours ago, Mr. Lee said:

Ha, never saw it? LOL haha. Well, I used it like you say but that doesn't work, after pasting the URL nothing happens. I never knew that this forum has an "rocognize and display" option. How on earth could I haha.

Let me try, the WB I.D. from WGL24:

Oh and guys, don't spread these pics all over the net please. Thanks.

20230224_165315 20230224_165217 20230224_164113

Thanks for posting these....pretty cool! 

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Speaking of this subject. My wife saw something on FB that an original General was just wrecked in Hollister Missouri, Taney County. I doubt it's really an original but you never know. Anybody hear about it? 

Yes, it's all over the net. Some articles say it's an original but I really don't think so:

332790864_942914663393625_58377178711142

OZ7RSCWBS5FULLNI22K37JFVVM.jpg

You can also check the post on Instagram @ thedukesofhazzard:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpKjXQvOHY0/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

• 6 months later...