CMT puts off Dukes again

It looks like CMT has pushed the Dukes off the schedule again. I hope it's not permanent, but it seems like every week, I see the Dukes scheduled on the national listings for the following week. Then when that week comes, this listings change again there's that dumbass "singing bee" or something instead.

CMT's Dukes Facebook page has not had an update in several weeks. CMT's main website has also played bait-and-switch; I've seen them list the Dukes for earlier this month, and now, amazingly, they're not being aired for another two weeks. Currently, they have the next Dukes episode airing on May 22nd at 1:00 a.m. eastern.

I do my best to keep ya'll updated on Dukes of Hazzard airings, but the schedule changes have been happening with such frequency that I'm not confident of the May 22 airing. We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the update Brian. I wish you had better news.

I haven't been watching too much CMT lately but I always tune in when the Dukes are on. I know they have commercials and my DVDs don't but there's just something special about watching an episode at the same time a million other people are. It brings back warm memories of Friday nights when I was watching it at the same time half of America was. Well, to be more precise, half of people living in Eastern Standard Time.

Let's go CMT. You're missing a great opportunity. Since Dallas is being remade, you have the chance to run Dukes at 8 and Dallas at 9 on Friday nights. Folks would tune in for that combo.

Unfortunately the CMT schedule just got changed...AGAIN. Seriously. Last night it said the Dukes would air on May 22.

Now on CMT's tv show page, it shows the Dukes airing on May 26. With a different episode.

It's as if CMT is pretending the Dukes are still on their schedule, but they're not showing it. They keep pushing out the next airdate over and over. At the same time, each episode is ticking down in the sequence of days as if it's been run all the while.

My guess is, they'll tick down to the last episode of the 7th season, and then? Who knows.

This leaves me no choice but to assume CMT isn't airing the Dukes in the forseeable future. If I find out anything more one way or the other, I'll let you know.

Unfortunately the CMT schedule just got changed...AGAIN. Seriously. Last night it said the Dukes would air on May 22.

Now on CMT's tv show page, it shows the Dukes airing on May 26. With a different episode.

It's as if CMT is pretending the Dukes are still on their schedule, but they're not showing it. They keep pushing out the next airdate over and over. At the same time, each episode is ticking down in the sequence of days as if it's been run all the while.

My guess is, they'll tick down to the last episode of the 7th season, and then? Who knows.

This leaves me no choice but to assume CMT isn't airing the Dukes in the forseeable future. If I find out anything more one way or the other, I'll let you know.

Brian, Thanks for keeping us up to date. I wish CMT would continue showing Dukes as schedules. I have it programmed in my DVR and was disappointed that it's been off lately.

At least I can still get Smallville on TNT and HDNet. I believe TNT is going to start reairing from the beginning, so we'll have more JOHN SCHNEIDER again soon.

I know this idea has come up before. I sure wish "TVLand" would pick up the Dukes. I assume this means they'd have to buy the rights from CMT. CMT should sell the rights if they're not going to air it. Hmm, maybe CMT is asking too much. I'm sure these things are complicated.

I know this idea has come up before. I sure wish "TVLand" would pick up the Dukes. I assume this means they'd have to buy the rights from CMT. CMT should sell the rights if they're not going to air it. Hmm, maybe CMT is asking too much. I'm sure these things are complicated.

Hate to break this to you, Rog, but they could probably play Dukes on TVLand if they wanted to. TVLand and CMT are both owned by the same parent company, Viacom (also owner of MTV and VH1). I think it's very doubtful, especially with TVLand's recent skew towards brand new "original" programming, that it'll be playing there.

• 4 weeks later...

CMT Strikes again...they won't quit toyin wifth deir plans, heack....I'd rather watch True T.V., but even they don't have the Dukes, seems like all the newish people down thar at those stations are tossin out da old, cept for maybe the HUB Network....hey, lets hope fer CMT selling The Duke of Hazzard series to HUB, their nice people, they play what they plan...lets just hope!