Rumor about Girl Scouts

K-Duke15

Sorry if this seems like a stupid this to some of ya but I have to vent this out. I'm in Girl Scouts and I found this article that just kills me. This lawmaker in Indiana says that we support planed parenthood and encourage sex. This is just stupid. None of it is true. It just makes everyone think we are bad and won't have anything to do with us.

I want you guys to read the article and see what ya think.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20120220/NEWS07/120229974

Sorry if this seems like a stupid this to some of ya but I have to vent this out. I'm in Girl Scouts and I found this article that just kills me. This lawmaker in Indiana says that we support planed parenthood and encourage sex. This is just stupid. None of it is true. It just makes everyone think we are bad and won't have anything to do with us.

I want you guys to read the article and see what ya think.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20120220/NEWS07/120229974

Oh, for cryin' out loud...is there anything in this country that is safe from politics anymore? Anything at all?

I don't know much abou the Girl Scouts other than what I read on the cookie boxes. I've never heard about the allegations in the article. It's disturbing that despite this politician's real-life, positive experiences with the organization, he's basing his opinions off of something he read on the internet.

:wtf:

K-Duke, you gotta take haters with a grain of salt. The best way to fight a negative is with a positive. When you and your Troop do something good for the community, it speaks volumes over a doofus like this guy.

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words. Now, put me down for a dozen boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I like them peanut-butter ones that are covered in chocolate.

Oh, for cryin' out loud...is there anything in this country that is safe from politics anymore? Anything at all?

I don't know much abou the Girl Scouts other than what I read on the cookie boxes. I've never heard about the allegations in the article. It's disturbing that despite this politician's real-life, positive experiences with the organization, he's basing his opinions off of something he read on the internet.

:wtf:

K-Duke, you gotta take haters with a grain of salt. The best way to fight a negative is with a positive. When you and your Troop do something good for the community, it speaks volumes over a doofus like this guy.

The pen may be mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words. Now, put me down for a dozen boxes of Girl Scout cookies. I like them peanut-butter ones that are covered in chocolate.

Yah. We're all trying our best to go against what he said and tell people what is the truth.

I'd more then gladly sell ya some cookies but I think you're too far away to sell to ya. :)

I'd more then gladly sell ya some cookies but I think you're too far away to sell to ya. :)

There ain't no distance on the internet. Just make yourself a sales page, install a PayPal widget, charge shipping and handling and you can sell cookies anyplace ya want. You just box 'em n' ship 'em.

Hmm. Maybe I should sell Girl Scout cookies. Of course, if I joined the organization, that politician would really have something to complain about. KHEE!

Thats an idea. But I also thought of something. I can't sell to strangers. :lol:

Not like you're a stranger to me. I was just thinking.

Aw, no cookies for me. But that 'no stangers' thing? Doesn't stop the kids in my town. Either they ain't as strict in my neck of the woods, or these girls are dirty ruthless when it comes to outselling other troops. I get at least 3 or 4 of 'em showing up at the door to sell cookies. Then, once delivery time rolls around, these kids are setting up tables outside of the grocery store and Walmart and selling boxes of cookies by the crate.

Ya know, between the Girl Scouts selling cookies, the Boy Scouts selling popcorn, and the 4-H kids selling frozen pizza, I could stay in groceries for a month just on fundraiser food.

It just makes everyone think we are bad and won't have anything to do with us.

Don't worry about it. Nobody in their right mind is going to think anything bad about the Girl or Boy Scouts. I'm not even going to click on that link and read it because it would be a waste of my time to pay attention to some confused person who wants to turn a good thing into a bad thing. The best thing to do it just ignore people like that. They're not worthy of your respect so that means you shouldn't take anything they say seriously and you certainly shouldn't waste your time listening to them.