New member, LA filming locations

You mean like some sort of map of the ranch with locations of what used to be where? That should be possible. Let me see if i can combine the stuff we have on this site and on my PC into one complete Lyons Canyon Dukes Map.

Recently my Google Earth upgraded itself to Earth Pro so I can now easy make big zoomed in pictures of places to easily edit in Paint or some other program to add stuff.

Edited by Roth Potter

Yes, I have that one as well. But I think with the new technologies and such we can make a much more detailed version with for example the buildings added as squares, new locations from the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch Thread and maybe marking things like the white fences marking the entrance to the now faded road from the Boars Nest to the Dukes Farm.

Personally, I don't have anything other than paint for something like this but maybe you Hoss, has a better program to add stuff?

This is the screengrab I got from Earth Pro that could be used for something like this. Its quite large so i've put it in this spoiler.

38800673502_bacd8dd2d7_o.png

I can also make a closer, slightly wider version of certain areas or one from a different time period like 1994.

Edited by Roth Potter

18 minutes ago, Roth Potter said:

Personally, I don't have anything other than paint for something like this but maybe you Hoss, has a better program to add stuff?

If you're running Windows 7 or higher, Paint.Net is a huge improvement on Paint, and it's free. You can download it here.

If you want a more complex program (which is also free), you could try GIMP. That's available here.

That would be awesome, as you can see from my pictures on page 1 I went there a few years ago but didn’t know where to go or where anything use to be. 

I dont have an exact date set yet, I am converting my Charger from a 727 to a 4 Speed and have been scanning L.A. Craigslist for some parts I need, I would be going to pick up the parts and spend an extra day or two scouring Dukes locations. I’ve read some stuff was shot at the Disney ranch but I don’t think they allow access?

45 minutes ago, Moparmotel said:

I’ve read some stuff was shot at the Disney ranch but I don’t think they allow access?

You could always ask: http://www.goldenoakranch.com/contact/

A lot of the early California episodes were filmed there. The barn where they hid Loretta Lynn's RV is still standing, and it looks like the covered bridge is back.

I live about 2 hours from the ranch now, maybe I’ll make a trip pretty soon whether I’m picking up 4 speed parts or not. 

Hoss, one thing I am curious about and wondering if you know anything about- John Schneider’s old house was 4119 Cornell Rd Augora Hills CA.... and has been said that “the dukes was filmed in basically his backyard”... does this house back up to or is close to one of the filming locations? 

Edited by Moparmotel

:previous:

It's only a few miles (about 15 minutes) from Lake Sherwood, where a lot of the location filming in the middle of the series took place. The dirt tracks and the sites of the Boar's Nest and Duke Farm have been replaced by the Sherwood Country Club, but many of the road locations haven't changed much.

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2013 at 4:15 AM, JDhoggjr said:

I would have loved to meet him. I started watching the show again right after i graduated HS. I was b. Bummed because my three of favorite celebrities passed on during this time. Sorrell Booke, Jim Henson, and Alan Hale Jr. (Skipper Jonas Grumby).

Hi JDhoggjr. You're a G. I. fan too? :) How 'bout T. A. G. S.(The Andy Griffith Show)?

• 3 years later...
8 hours ago, Rob Goldberg said:

Hi, the links to Oxnard location info seem to broken. Can that be fixed or can someone tell me where the rail road jump was in Oxnard?  Thanks!

Hi Rob, I've updated the two "mystery location" links on the first page. Let me know if there are any other broken links and I'll try to fix them.

15 hours ago, Rob Goldberg said:

Hi, the links to Oxnard location info seem to broken. Can that be fixed or can someone tell me where the rail road jump was in Oxnard?  Thanks!

Welcome to the HazzardNet Rob. I sure hope your visit lasts longer than one post. We want to hear more from you. Who's your favorite character? How long have you been a fan?