New member, LA filming locations

Hoss does any of the photos I took look familiar? Will cover more ground in a few weeks and go back to another area that someone gave me some info on.

CDoherty probably knows this ranch better than me, but I could work out where you took some of the pictures. On your picture below, the Duke Farm would've been at the back of the flat area, although possibly just behind the hill on the left. I'd guess that the area around the Boars Nest site is still recognizable (if you can get there) - check out the screengrabs and aerial views in the Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch thread for reference points.

DSC00728_zpsf452553c.jpg

Wow it's great to see the ranch from a different perspective. It's really changed since Dukes but I think I recognize a few of the locations as the Duke farm and Hazzard Pond. I won't have time to go into those pictures in detail until Friday evening, but I promise I'll cover the topic on Friday evening!

You say you went into the ranch at a little side entrance? That must be at the houses just north of the ranch. The "for sale" sign advertises 20 acres for sale. That 20 acres is on the northern end of the ranch, next to the houses. I don't think it ever got much screen time, aside from the Capitol City Junkyard in "Happy Birthday General Lee".

This may sound strange moparmotel, but do you have a smart phone or an iphone? Because there are apps you can get which keep track of where you've been. If you used this app, and sent me a screengrab of the app showing where you were on the ranch I could identify the location of the pictures :)

I have an iPhone 5 but unfortunately I took those pictures with a digital camera and not my phone. I didn't want to jump the fence so I went to an entrance to the left of that sign down the road a little bit. Your right that sign was pretty close to the houses. The entrance I went too was down the street from the for sale atv about a 1/8 or 1/16 of a mile right at the turn of the road. I spoke with someone who has been there and he told me to enter under the billboard behind the In N Out restaruant

Ok so I've taken a look at the pictures, and I think I've been able to locate the Duke Farm,the dried up Hazzard Pond and the southern road which was used most often for any chase scenes. If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please say so because it's possible I could be wrong.

Anyway firstly let me start with the entrance of the ranch. The ranch starts out with two roads at the entrance, one at the northern end and one at the southern end. There's about 500 feet of open ground between the Old Road and Tom Sarmento's shop. You can see the open space in the pictures below.

This first photo was taken at the northern corner of the entrance to the ranch. The north road would have been located where the big sign is now.

CAE3529A-6FAD-4C33-8949-9B81E3461439-4063-00000556EE59115A.jpg

This next one was taken about half way between the two roads. Try and imagine back twenty one years ago, and seeing a parking lot full of Dodge Chargers all in various states of disrepair in the distance of this picture.

549A04E9-1F17-41E2-9517-430E988712A4-4086-000005586028EF2F.jpg

Now onto the Duke Farm.

This first photo seems to have been taken on Sagecrest Circle, which is just north of the ranch. The Duke farm would have been located in the top righthand corner of the photo.

A4CBB8F8-3879-49FD-9620-21F53F63290D-4063-00000556E4306B19.jpg

This next photo is a combination of the farm, and Hazzard Pond. The farm would have been in the right foreground of this photo, while Hazzard Pond was in the center of this photo, above the little triangle. And see that little patch of light green pretty much dead center in the picture? That I think is the infamous southern road that has pretty much disappeared since Dukes wrapped.

5739831C-5300-400D-8199-CE33401DFE38-4063-00000556AAE8F15A.jpg

CDoherty95, Would you mind doing me a favor? In all the photos I have, The one that has Tom's shop in it where all the General Lee's were parked until 1991 when they were purchased is where I really want to see.

Can you make a red circle around where all the General Lee's were stored and fenced in?

Thanks!

I'm already planning my next trip there, as well as going to the other locations. These photos were taken with my Sony Digital Camera but if you want me to take them with my Iphone 5 next time I can do that as well.

I'm going to start typing a page on Microsoft Word that has all the addresses and GPS coordinates of the sites that way when I get there I know exactly where I am going when I get there. This trip I honestly did not know where I was going and just started walking.

If you guys want any specific pictures when I go back let me know. ;)

This picture I could have sworn was used in one episode... If I remember right the camera was right about where I was standing in this photo as the general lee speeds down this road...might be wrong though...Maybe in the credits? I can't remember...

DSC00746_zps26ad0dbd.jpg

To be honest I think it looks similear to a road used for one shot in Mason Dixon Girls. I'm thinking of the final chase scene when Daisy and Jesse are in Dixie and if I remember correctly went from right to left.

Does anyone else know the scene I'm talking about? *cough cough* Hoss :)

I know that when I take a picture on my iPod the location is stored with the other information about the picture. I'm not sure if the new iPhone has that feature, but I imagine it would.

Tom Sarmento's shop is next to the Duke Farm. It's location is very easy to see due to the strange, square like layout of the trees.

There's a map on the Valencia Oaks thread, but I'll post it here anyway :)

C50F8811-CE4C-4C1A-B654-84D013D211BF-422-0000002F611849DD.jpg

In any of the photos I posted do you see area 2 where his shop/ the general's would have been?

The only photos that show area 2 are these two ones.

A4CBB8F8-3879-49FD-9620-21F53F63290D-4063-00000556E4306B19.jpg

388B5F12-ED73-4805-ADF4-545679D6C65A-4063-00000556DE8C2032.jpg

The shop would have been behind the bushes on the right of the picture.

Would it help if I tried to get co ordinates for each location you want, and you could use them the next time you are at the ranch?