LEE1 auction, Cathy joins soaps, more..

Brian I would like to make a slight correction to the home page about LEE 1. It is assumed it was the first General Lee by about everyone that hasn't researched this. It cannot be said for absolute positive fact that it indeed was the First General Lee.There were 3 built in California then they were shipped to Georgia for filming.The cars were numbered AFTER they arrived in GA. That being said there is no way to tell which of the 3 was actually built first.There are many that believe that LEE 3 was actually the first one built as it was used in all the pre production promotional pictures.LEE 1 just happened to get the 1 sticker thats all.

Brian I would like to make a slight correction to the home page about LEE 1. It is assumed it was the first General Lee by about everyone that hasn't researched this. It cannot be said for absolute positive fact that it indeed was the First General Lee.There were 3 built in California then they were shipped to Georgia for filming.The cars were numbered AFTER they arrived in GA. That being said there is no way to tell which of the 3 was actually built first.There are many that believe that LEE 3 was actually the first one built as it was used in all the pre production promotional pictures.LEE 1 just happened to get the 1 sticker thats all.

TimDuke, you have a valid point, and I do recall the lore about this issue. However, Barrett-Jackson is promoting this car as LEE1:

"Featured several times in the first episode of CBS hit "The Dukes of Hazzard." Fondly named "Lee 1" is the very car used to jump over a Hazzard County police cruiser in the first episode. Carefully restored over a 16 month period to pre-jump condition."

And I know Travis promoted it, and sold it as "the first General Lee" and hence the name LEE 1, ect ect ect. Maybe it would be fair to say that LEE 1 is the first "screen-used" General Lee, if not in actuality the first GL ever built. But that's mere semantics to a lot of people. Frankly, we went out on a limb even getting into the merits of the restoration vs. the claims of originality being made. It's about as much caution as we can give the public without sticking our necks out too far.

I'll give some thought to editing the post, but it's unlikely any of the buyers are coming from HazzardNet, no offense to any of us.

Guys with all the hype and publicity surrounding Lee 1 and 3 there's only one logical explanation...

Lee 2 was the first car built,and when Travis when to Georgia he found Lee 2 intact and in show condition. He's going to reveal this to the world when the Dukes and the economy reach a new high,sell Lee 2,earning over 2 million in profit in the process. He will then proceed to buy HNet,resulting in the end of the world of normality and honesty as we know it :)

Guys with all the hype and publicity surrounding Lee 1 and 3 there's only one logical explanation...

Lee 2 was the first car built,and when Travis when to Georgia he found Lee 2 intact and in show condition. He's going to reveal this to the world when the Dukes and the economy reach a new high,sell Lee 2,earning over 2 million in profit in the process. He will then proceed to buy HNet,resulting in the end of the world of normality and honesty as we know it :)

There isn't a price high enough that would make me sell HNet to Travis. LOL. I DO have standards.

Got an all-in-one response here...

TimDuke, I do appreciate your input and you're always welcome to share it. I agree that LEE 1 isn't everything it's cracked up to be, which is why I included the sales history as far as I could recall it. Personally I thought the car shoulda been left in the condition as found, and put in Cooter's museum, or something.

I know another screen-used, jumped General was being auctioned with an expected sale price of $40k to $60k. IMO I would put LEE1's value in the same neighborhood, tops. But because of all the hype and the whole diamond-in-the-rough discovery, the silly thing will probably fetch $150k or more. I dunno. The only comfort is that LEE1's crazy sale price could help boost the auction values of other screen-used General Lee's. Which would be happy news for our buddies in the orange clunker car circles, eh?

Now, on to CDoherty95...dude, where did you start getting such a devious mind? What crowd have you been hangin' around lately? You're right tho', Travis ain't unknown to me. I've dealt with him in person and I had to count all my teeth afterwards. I've seen firsthand how he'll try to turn anything into his own cash opportunity.

So if Mufn ever sold HNet to Travis, I'd have to go crawling to another Dukes of Hazzard website and see if they'd take me in.

Though I'm pretty sure nobody would want to buy HNet anyhow. We probably couldn't give it away.

JUST kiddin'....oops, look at the time. I think there's a newsletter or something I should be workin' on. BYE!

It doesn't matter how much Lee 1 goes for or what condition it's really in, i'm just crossing my fingers that it sells to a TRUE Dukes fan and they share it with the rest of the world!

Right on, buddy. You and me both.

I read tonight on Pistonhead that LEE 1 is expected to fetch up a million and a half. That crosses everybody I personally know off the buyer's list.