"The Dukes of Hazzard" movie (2005)

K-Duke15

Howdy...

I love the movie... Yes it is very different from the show but I think that's all the better... We will always have the show and the movie is a different & fun take on the story...

That is what I have been saying for years...

I love the show and love the movie, I still pop the DVD(Theatrical version - still mad it isn't widescreen though) in often .

I'm gone

Darrell

Ya know after catching up on this topic, I had to pop in my DVD of "The Dukes of Hazzard - The Beginning." I've got a copy of the Unrated version, which is not family-friendly. (It's kind of like "Porky's" meets "The Dukes of Hazzard".) That said, there were a couple scenes in there that still make me smile, like this one: ( the following clip is safe for all ages.)

Bo drives the General for the 1st time - "The Beginning"

• 1 year later...

Had always said I would never watch the 2005 movie and hadnt other that the first few mins. until tonight. It was on cmt and i watched about the last half hour and all i can say is horrible just horrible!! Complete and total discrace!!!! Only thing good i have to say is that the driving was good but other than that it is total crap. Dont let my opinion offend you.

• 3 weeks later...

Well out of the 2 new movies the 1st was least bad but both were bad..The Begining was just plum horrible..Way out of line with the original story. Why is it so hard for the new movie makers to do this stuff? Just look at some old episodes and go from there..No need to mess up the story and make a warped storyline..Just use what worked back then..It'll still work now.

I agree with these last two posts.

Another Dukes movie could be made and be successful but the people in charge willl never listen to reason. Just look at all the successful redneck reality shows on TV. The time is right for a new movie but they'll ruin it again if they don't get advice from true fans.

• 4 weeks later...
The time is right for a new movie but they'll ruin it again if they don't get advice from true fans.

That is true. Country stuff has become popular now but they will never ask fans. They wouldn't want to take the time to make sure something is good so that they can make more money. They just want to get something out to get some money.