2011 Christmas Party

RogerDuke

The annual Hazzard County Christmas party is the social event of the year and it will be here before we know it. We just don't know when it will be.

So, as usual we're looking for a little input as to when the big disaster...uh, I mean celebration...will be.

So, if you want to attend the brawl...uh, I mean ball....let us know what you think of Saturday December 17th for a date. We'd be starting at 6:00 EST but will likely be fighting....uh, I mean partying...for several hours.

If that date is going to be too much of a problem we're considering having it on Tuesday December 20th at the same time. If things get really confusing we might even have two catastrophies...uh, I mean get-togethers...on both those dates.

Please post all thoughts here. Remember, this is a family site so let's not bring up all the things that happened at the last Christmas tragedy...uh, I mean...festivity. We hope to see you there.

Word is that Brian has promised to clean up the mess after the chaos...uh....I mean blessed gathering.

By the way, this will be held in the Flash Chat Boar's Nest....not the old chat room. The old chat room had to condemed from all the damage inflicted on it last Christmas.

Of course I am....but you're still on my naughty list Nasty.

But, on the other hoof, you say you've turned over a new punchbowl. Since I'm an optimist I'm going to replace "punchbowl" with "leaf" and give you the benefit of the doubt.

This means that we'll be returning the misteltoe to the parties this year. After all, it was Nasty's fault we had to get rid of it to begin with. But the first time Nasty pokes someone in the eye with his antlers I'm tearing it down and throwing it in the fireplace.

Of course I am....but you're still on my naughty list Nasty.

But, on the other hoof, you say you've turned over a new punchbowl. Since I'm an optimist I'm going to replace "punchbowl" with "leaf" and give you the benefit of the doubt.

This means that we'll be returning the misteltoe to the parties this year. After all, it was Nasty's fault we had to get rid of it to begin with. But the first time Nasty pokes someone in the eye with his antlers I'm tearing it down and throwing it in the fireplace.

Now is that any way to talk about your old, deer friend? I had too much egg nog and misjudged the distance, that's all. It's the egg nog, I'm tellin' ya. It's the same reason that I started a fight that time with a taxidermy decoration.

(and I won, too.)

It's the same reason that I started a fight that time with a taxidermy decoration.

A fight? Is that what you called that? Sometimes it's hard for us humans to tell if you creatures of nature are fighting or just having a little fun.

By the way, in case MaryAnne causes another fuse to blow again, are you inviting your cousin to the party...you know, the one with the unusual nose?

A fight? Is that what you called that? Sometimes it's hard for us humans to tell if you creatures of nature are fighting or just having a little fun.

By the way, in case MaryAnne causes another fuse to blow again, are you inviting your cousin to the party...you know, the one with the unusual nose?

I was having a little fun with the deer statue in the front yard. Until it tipped over and broke.

And whattaya mean, if MaryAnne blows another fuse again? Oh, if she causes a fuse to blow. I see. Well, I haven't talked to cousin Rudy in years. That goody-four-hoof has a higher nose wattage than brain IQ, if ya get my snowdrift. Lucky for him he's got a career as a nightlight, or he'd be nothin' more than a packet of venison jerky for sale on the counter of a Canadian gas station. Yeah, Rudy gets all the fame and glory, the lil' twinkle bulb! I'm not bitter tho'.

ALL the rowdies have gone huh Nasty? *Mismatched eyes narrow with my smirk.* Will see ya'll on the 17th.

}~*Chet Duke

P.S. Nasty, I invited Razor to the Christmas party. The more creatures the merrier right?

For all my noise, I won't be able to make that date. If any of the rowdies do show up, they won't want to go up against MaryAnne.

By the way, this will be held in the Flash Chat Boar's Nest....not the old chat room. The old chat room had to condemed from all the damage inflicted on it last Christmas.

Ummm... Where do I find the Flash Chat Boar's Nest, please, Roger?

Sorry, but I'm still learning my way around. (Blush)

Ummm... Where do I find the Flash Chat Boar's Nest, please, Roger?

In case Roger misses this, just click on 'Flash Chat' on the menu bar at the top of each page. I usually right-click and 'Open Link in a New Tab' so I can go back and forth to HNet. Either way you'll see a login screen which should disappear after a couple of seconds, followed by the Boar's Nest chat window.

Hope to see you there. You do know that first time visitors have to buy a round of buttermilks, right?. ;)

It's official.

There will be two Christmas parties this year.

The first one will be Friday Dec 17th at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard time and will continue until we're all admitted to the emergency room with food poisoning from the buttermilk and egg nog.

The second one will be Tuesday Dec 20th at 6:00 EST and will continue until we're all admitted to the emergency room with injuries sustained by a drunk reindeer's nasty antlers.

If your GPS is broken see Hoss's last post for directions.

It's official.

There will be two Christmas parties this year.

The first one will be Friday Dec 17th at 6:00 PM Eastern Standard time and will continue until we're all admitted to the emergency room with food poisoning from the buttermilk and egg nog.

The second one will be Tuesday Dec 20th at 6:00 EST and will continue until we're all admitted to the emergency room with injuries sustained by a drunk reindeer's nasty antlers.

If your GPS is broken see Hoss's last post for directions.

You mean Saturday the 17th?

I'd love to attend the 17th however the 'Strate' family is having their annual Christmas party at 4pm EST and I don't know when that will end. Could be 6pm but it could be 8pm. So I may not be able to attend.

On the 20th, I am out on patrol till 7pm EST and have to come home to supper. So the earliest I could come on is again, 8pm EST. See a pattern?

I'd love to attend and see everyone but I don't think folks will be sticking around till that late if you start at 6pm. Just a suggestion but some of us second shifters can't make that.

I'd love to attend the 17th however the 'Strate' family is having their annual Christmas party at 4pm EST and I don't know when that will end. Could be 6pm but it could be 8pm. So I may not be able to attend.

On the 20th, I am out on patrol till 7pm EST and have to come home to supper. So the earliest I could come on is again, 8pm EST. See a pattern?

I'd love to attend and see everyone but I don't think folks will be sticking around till that late if you start at 6pm. Just a suggestion but some of us second shifters can't make that.

Actually Val, the reason we start it so early is for the folks like Hoss over in Ireland where when it's 6pm here it's 11pm there. :)

As Roger noted, there is no official end time to the party. So if you don't wander in until 8 or 8:30 or 9 or whenever, the door will be open! We'd love to see ya!

Six figures... yup. We give her six of these figures every year.

http://www.toymania.com/334archives/dukes/rosco.htm

Since Rosco's the Ten Million Dollar Sheriff I guess that means MaryAnne's making about $60,000,000 a year working here. But wait...as I recall from the second part of that episode it was only 10 dollars...so, that's 60 bucks...minus the money she has to shell out for food at the two upcoming Christmas parties and the bail she has to put up after the parties for Brian....

Hmm...if I was MaryAnne, I'd be moving on down the line to a place that pays better. Does Knight Rider have a website?