John on "GLEE"

John has been cast to play the role of Sam's father in "GLEE" beginning with the 8th episode of this season. "GLEE" is on the FOX network on Tuesday evenings at 8 PM Eastern/ 7 PM Central. A date for this episode has not been released yet; however, if the show is on every week then the 8th episode will air on November 29. I will post the definite date when it has been released.

Please remember to watch "Trick My What?" on CMT on Thursday evenings at 10 PM Eastern/ 9 PM Central.

Phyllis

BTW: I've been waiting for DOONBY to come out but I can't find info when it should be in theaters. Anyone have any info?

By golly, you should be signed up for our newsletter, 'cause we just talked about this. Here's the latest. *inhales a deep breath*

Doonby was originally slated for release this past September. It has been delayed without official explanation. However, our shameless seedy sources say that there were disputes with movie extras who are suing for wages they weren't paid. This could have a bearing on the delay.

Meanwhile, Doonby is being shown to "select groups", mostly church organizations. The latest is that Doonby will be released "sometime in early 2012." No exact date has been supplied thus far.

John also has another movie project in the works. Let me check...argh, I can't find my reference, something about filiming in Canada but since I can't back it up right this second, nevahmind. But I believe his own website makes reference to another movie project. I had a few additional sketchy details but there's only so far I'll stick out my neck. As more info becomes verifiable we'll share it.

I've liked the Doonby FB link and for a long time they kept folks in the loop then they just stopped or got off topic. Hopefully with the success of Courageous, other films like Doonby will follow it out to the theaters.

It honestly looks like an interesting movie, so I hope we'll see it released soon. A private investor sunk 2 million into the production, so I can't see it just sitting on the shelf someplace. At the least they could do a direct-to-DVD release if theatrical distribution isn't feasible.

As always, we'll keep ya posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully you all have been watching and enjoying "Trick My What?" The show takes a break next week for Thanksgiving but will be back on December 1 with TWO new episodes... one at 10 PM Eastern/9 Central and the next one at 11 PM Eastern/10 Central on CMT!

"GLEE" is also coming up! John portrays Sam's father on the episode to be aired on FOX December 6 at 8 PM Eastern/7 Central.

By the way... That movie in Canada is called "Whiskey Business".

Phyllis

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to watch this episode of "Glee" on Hulu today.

It was a good appearance, though very very brief.

*** Spoiler Alert ***

John was only in one scene. It was a touching scene where one of the previous cast members who's character had moved to another state was talking to his parents (John was his dad) about going back to re-join the Glee club.

John had a very nice moment with the teenager, but that was it. If I had been watching just for John's appearance, I would have been disappointed.

It was a good casting choice though - the actor that plays Sam very much looks like he could be related to John.

like me he was the only reason i watched that night.

I finally got a chance to watch this episode of "Glee" on Hulu today.

It was a good appearance, though very very brief.

*** Spoiler Alert ***

John was only in one scene. It was a touching scene where one of the previous cast members who's character had moved to another state was talking to his parents (John was his dad) about going back to re-join the Glee club.

John had a very nice moment with the teenager, but that was it. If I had been watching just for John's appearance, I would have been disappointed.

It was a good casting choice though - the actor that plays Sam very much looks like he could be related to John.

• 4 months later...
like me he was the only reason i watched that night.

I wanted to find that episode of Glee. Which one was it? What was the name and when did it air? I watched other shows like Leverage and CSI on other sites just for John's appearances. I'm usually disappointed because the producers like to make guest stars the bad guy. John's warm and sweet personality just shines through and it doesn't seem right to cast him in those roles.

Hopefully you all have been watching and enjoying "Trick My What?" The show takes a break next week for Thanksgiving but will be back on December 1 with TWO new episodes... one at 10 PM Eastern/9 Central and the next one at 11 PM Eastern/10 Central on CMT!

"GLEE" is also coming up! John portrays Sam's father on the episode to be aired on FOX December 6 at 8 PM Eastern/7 Central.

By the way... That movie in Canada is called "Whiskey Business".

Phyllis

I saw Whiskey Business on CMT, but I was disappointed that John played the typical bad-guy sheriff (Boss Hogg character.) His talents are so varied, but producers don't give him the roles that bring out his characterizations. Between acting and singing and directing, producers should see what incredible talent John possesses.

It honestly looks like an interesting movie, so I hope we'll see it released soon. A private investor sunk 2 million into the production, so I can't see it just sitting on the shelf someplace. At the least they could do a direct-to-DVD release if theatrical distribution isn't feasible.

As always, we'll keep ya posted.

I've seen so much hype about Doonby, and I can't wait to see it. I hope it goes to theaters, but if not, DVD is better than nothing. John seems to play in many "message" movies, I think because he is so conscientious as a person. He has a high sense of morality and decency.

I wanted to find that episode of Glee. Which one was it? What was the name and when did it air?

It's not my sort of thing, but according to IMDb the episode was called 'Hold on to Sixteen'. It's episode 8 of season 3, and originally aired on the 6th of December 2011.

• 5 years later...