Some new stuff I've done

James Duke

Thanks everyone :D Unfortunately my trial of Photoshop expired and until I get money to get the version I used, I can't make anymore space pics. All I have left is a very ancient version of Photoshop elements xD and it sucks for stuff like that. But in the meantime, it's pencil and paper time!

In a couple of months I should hopefully have the good one again and a better tablet too.

• 4 weeks later...

Been busy practicing realistic drawings. Kinda getting bored with my cartoonish ways of drawing people/things lol.

Anyhoot, since I've been in a Beatles mood the last couple of months, I decided to try my hand at drawing one of them. The Beatle I chose to draw this time around, was George Harrison.

The first pic is the drawing and the other is the original. All I used was a .5 mm mechanical pencil and a black crayola colored pencil.

Not sure how long it took, but either way, I'm happy. My practicing is finally paying off.

Only thing I've noticed wrong, was I kinda messed up on his eye and his hair isn't highlighted in the right places, the shading is off in a couple of places and some other little things, but otherwise, it's as close as I can manage right now. Next month = new tablet and new Photoshop, so I can kiss pencils and paper goodbye! :-P

Gonna try my hand at sculpting too. Just need to get money for the clay, tools and oven.... >.<

Pics will come of my sculptures whenever I get to make them.

post-5475-143050813742_thumb.jpg

post-5475-143050813747_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
I like the sun/star. I'd hate to be living on that little planet though. Toast city. LOL.

You're very talented James. I've seen a lot of your work and it amazes me every time.

Hey MM, Venus is going to transit (pass in front of) the Sun on June 5th. It will look a little like that from our perspective but can only be seen with proper eye protection.

Thanks Roger :D I just did a few animations of a couple of my OCs. Gabryrunning.gif

Here's the one I'm most happy with. It's a lot smoother than the other.

I can't wait til the transit. Hopefully it'll be clear where I am so I can watch it. Gonna make my little sun watching device a few days before the transition. If they call for clear skies that is lol. Might still make it anyway, just in case.

My favorite is the little flying space varmint. Very unique creature design, and a brilliant use of color.

I know what you mean Brian. There's just something about that drawing that made me want to click on it again tonight. I don't know how to describe it. I don't often use the word enchanting but that word sure fits.