NASCAR Hall of Fame for 2011 and 2012

TRPColtrane95

hi guys,

what you think of Nascar Hall of Fame is cool or what? check out this story:

http://www.nascar.com/news/111018/six-pack-of-pop-gwood/index.html

Glen Wood, who soon will be inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame, answers this week's six questions.

Class of 2012

Cale Yarborough, Darrell Waltrip, Dale Inman, Richie Evans and Glen Wood honored with enshrinement.

Cale Yarborough

Darrell Waltrip

Dale Inman

Richie Evans

Glen Wood

1. What was it like to see the retro paint scheme of a Wood Brothers Racing car from 1963 driven by Trevor Bayne in last Saturday night's Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway?

Wood: Something like this rarely happens and I think [sons] Len and Eddie [Wood] and all the guys at the shop came up with a good idea to do this. The color scheme on this car was the same one Tiny Lund won the 500 at Daytona with -- and a little bit later in that season I won the last race I ran in that same car, so it's a good time for it to happen with the Hall of Fame and everything that goes with it. Seeing my name on the top of the door and my picture on the hood is heartwarming to me.

2. What's it like to see your picture on the hood of your car?

Wood: It's kind of unbelievable, but knowing my kids I wasn't surprised.

3. Why over the door of the car was your first name spelled with two 'N's' at the end, when it routinely has been spelled with only one?

Wood: Somewhere along the line it possibly happened from

signing autographs. I somehow might not have spelled it all because it was shorter and easier to do, so that is possibly the reason why it is that way. But my birth certificate is two 'n's'."

4. What about when you write a check?

Wood: It's still just one. I guess over time I forgot how to do the two n's.

5. What's the feeling like as the Hall of Fame induction inches closer?

Wood: It's just amazing to me the people who congratulate me on that and a lot of times it's people that I don't even know. Somehow they know me and it's just very gratifying to have been chosen this early in the balloting.

I guess I just didn't expect it so soon, but like Willie Nelson said, 'If you think I'm gonna stand up here and take this over all those other deserving people out there, you're darn right I am.' I thought that was pretty neat.

6. How did the iconic No. 21 come about to be on the Wood Brothers racing car?

Wood: We've had different numbers. We started out with the number 50 and we had a little accident with that and it caught fire and burned up. We decided to change the number after we fixed it back up and we put a No. 16 on it. But along the way somewhere we just put a No. 21 on it and a little later we put a No. 22 on it.

We ran a No. 22 for a long time and then during the time they ran convertibles and Grand Nationals together, Fireball Roberts had a No. 22. That was his Cup number and mine was a No. 22 in the convertible. Sometimes he would run a convertible race and guess who had to change his number? It wasn't him [laughing]. So we kept doing that a time or two and we decided we would just leave a No. 21 on it. It's been a good number ever since. Other than one year with [sponsor] 7-Eleven -- you can understand they wanted a seven -- but after that Citgo came along [as a sponsor] and we went back to the No. 21 and it's been there ever since. I hope it stays.

so what you think of this? do you remember Cale did in dukes of hazzard show twice times in.

thanks enjoy :)

I am so happy for them all...all deserving of the honor. But especially for Darrell and Cale. I love DW and wish they'd stick on FOX for the Sprint Cup races so I can hear him every race. He puts such enthusiasm into it and you can tell he just lives for NASCAR. He's just awesome ... as a person and a driver. And of course for Cale with his connections to the Dukes and for what he has done for the sport as well.:D

Thanks for posting this TRPColtrane.

I see the ceremony will be in January.

Cale has his own thread here and his induction was announced there on June 15. That was Waylon's birthday and Luke's birthday....Luke my grandson, not Luke Duke.

So, I had three things to celebrate in one day!

Congratulations Cale Yarborough...and others.

Edited by RogerDuke

Oops sorry. Though see it still applies to your edited version. Ha. As I said, I kid because I care. :) I am excited for them all, but do have to say I am more excited for Darrell Waltrip and Cale than the others. They are all deserving of it. I get Darrell Waltrip's posts on my facebook account and he is really excited about it! Dang I miss ol' DW...can't wait til February and Daytona and hear his "Boogity, boogity, boogity" once again. :D

Talking about DW...his baby brother, Micheal (or Mikey) will be racing at 'Dega this weekend. Am really excited...I like Michael and he is great at restrictor plate racing. Hope he can come home with a top ten or even a win (as long as Gordon comes in second!). He use to race full time now only races a handful of races and is a car owner...he owns Martin Truex Jr's car, David Reutimann, and part of Bobby Labonte (I think.). Am looking forward to seeing Michael race again!

Thanks for posting this TRPColtrane.

I see the ceremony will be in January.

Cale has his own thread here and his induction was announced there on June 15. That was Waylon's birthday and Luke's birthday....Luke my grandson, not Luke Duke.

So, I had three things to celebrate in one day!

Congratulations Cale Yarborough...and others.

wow unlike my sister in law's birthday near June 14 and also my brother's wife anniversary wedding near father's day as well.. seem lot birthday on summer to be. :-o