The Hazzard Garage (Cooter's Garage)

Mark B / Scooter Davenport

I'm working on the 'attic' space and I found a way to hint at/pay tribute to the history of the building that became the Hazzard Garage.  I've made old weathered versions of the signs that dressed the set as it was used in 'The Music Man', and 'The Shootist'.

20393597784_2d136c0a07_c.jpgLivery signs reference by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

• 4 weeks later...

This will be the newest addition to the Hazzard Garage fleet!  Anyone who follows HossC's research will know that this particular configuration isn't actually a wrecker that appeared during the series, but to the casual viewer (or even most hard-core fans), you would never know it.  It combines elements of several wreckers seen in the series, but isn't a match for any one vehicle.  It is, however, a match to the wrecker that you will find if you visit the Cooter's Place in Nashville.  That particular wrecker also appears on all the merchandise sold at the Cooter's Place museums and website.  So I figured since my garage model will be at the Gatlinburg Cooter's for this month's Hazzard Run, I should have their tow truck parked out front.

I combined parts from two different model kits, but had to scratch build most of the rear towing rig to match the pics I took of the real thing in Nashville this past January (I can't believe I thought ahead to take that many pics!).

21757275009_c14436cd9d_b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

21756292288_f4d9fd8a71_b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

21932100362_5c73075130_b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

Edited by Mark B / Scooter Davenport

You can't have the garage without a tow truck, but I must admit. The detailed garage itself made me forget it needs a tow truck.

It combines elements of several wreckers seen in the series, but isn't a match for any one vehicle.

It reminds me of Cooter's tow truck used in Georgia so it at the least reminds me of one. :p

P.s. Are there any picture of your garage at Cooter's Place? Would love to see that.

Funny, I felt the same way- I go so deep into the project I started to forget I needed a few vehicles!

I'll have the model at Cooter's Place at the end of this month, so no pics yet!

Mark

You can't have the garage without a tow truck, but I must admit. The detailed garage itself made me forget it needs a tow truck.

It reminds me of Cooter's tow truck used in Georgia so it at the least reminds me of one. :-P

P.s. Are there any picture of your garage at Cooter's Place? Would love to see that.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm takin the model to Gatlinburg for the Hazzard Run next week, and Ben Jones writes me to ask if they can put pictures up of it on his Cooter's Place facebook page.  Of course I said yes, and he did a really great write up for it; I'm humbled by it.

21579415533_121cfe12cb_b.jpgFB post by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
Well it was a pretty amazing weekend with the model at Cooter's Gatlinburg for the 2015 Hazzard Run.  

The things that stand out to me:

1. Sonny Shroyer is amazing; I've seen a lot of celebrity autographs lines, but I have never seen anyone spend as much time with each fan and made them feel special as he did.  The man is 80 years old and he went all day like the engergizer bunny.  And that is his real laugh- not made up for the Enos character.  He's the real deal folks- as nice and genuine as Enos himself, but not niave of course.  And his wife is just as lovely a person.
2. The folks at the Cooter's store are a great bunch- it was alot of fun to get to see the inside scoop on how things run, hear some stories about Ben Jones, etc.
3. Dukes fans are about as nice a group of people who don't know each other as you will find, at least the ones who came this weekend were. â€‹

I'm having trouble with flicker now that I've upgraded Windows, so I'm not able to post pictures to HNet.  Hopefully I'll have time to figure it out soon.

Mark

​

I'm ashamed to say I didn't catch this- I knew 'Little Enos' and 'Big Enos' rolled off the tongue too easily.  I'm clearly not firing all cylinders lately. 

Ben wasn't in Gatlinburg this time.  It seems he's had to restrict his activities a little lately by doctor's orders. 

Mark

These boys think you may have the wrong franchise :wink:.

BigEnosLittleEnos.jpg

Very impressive pics - did Ben get to see your model in person?