The Hazzard Garage (Cooter's Garage)

Mark B / Scooter Davenport

I was just at a little Antiques and Miscellaneous shop yesterday that had miniature gas pumps I'm guessing from an old train set. Not sure what scale they were they looked to be about 6 inches in height maybe smaller, both were mobil 1's though with the round top. 

Awesome work on the diorama, can almost see the Duke boys climbing down from the roof as they did several times during one season while trying to avoid the eyes of Roscoe and the Deputy's. 

I'm started down the road of a project I've had in the back of my head for some time.

My goal had been to recreate one of the iconic buildings of Hazzard to serve as a showcase for the 1/25 scale MPC DOH car kits. I quickly gravitated to Cooter's garage- for me, it has the most character and recognizability.

Following in the footsteps of HossC, I've been rearching the building inside and out. Unlike some of the facade buildings on the Warner backlot, this one actually has a practical interior- when you see scenes inside the garage, they really are inside the garage building just off Hazzard Square. However, the building inside wasn't completely built-out for being seen on screen. The first floor was pretty much complete with the exception of the 'office' room (so far I haven't seen any episodes showing the inside). The second and third floors appear to be largely one big empty space- typical of a Hollywood backlot set.

Here is my floorplan so far:

6250278503_7fbbf3a463_b.jpg

I'll be sharing images of my build soon too!

Mark

This is soo neat I am a super big fan of the Dukes of Hazzard and I wanted to make my own map for sometime but have not gotten the chance to see the episodes enough number of times to make a map.

The backyard is starting to get a little overgrown!  This area is never really seen in the series, so I get to dress it up a little.  There will be some more mechanical junk out there soon.  The door and small windows on the back of the 'office' area isn't speculative though; you can see it in the John Wayne movie 'The Shootist'.

20201519898_e7b3abea0b.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

This dirt came from the original Boar's Nest location; a little bit of actual Georgia for the sake of authenticity!

20380927022_fc7b9db340.jpgUntitled by mommydawn2000, on Flickr

Edited by Mark B.