Cooter Quotes!

Of course the classic: Breaker one, breaker one, might be crazy but I ain't dumb...any ya'll lost sheep out there on the Hazzard net come on?

Cooter: What do you suppose ol' Burt Reynolds would do at a time like this?

Luke: I don't know. But I'm sure he'd be doing it with someone a whole lot prettier than you.

Cooter: If you can't make this thing go any faster do ya'll mind if I just jump out and run ahead?

Give or take a few minutes cuz I ain't got no watch

(after seeing Rosco fall into wet cement)

Thank you Lord for a perfect day!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this scene from Goodbye General Lee where Cooter is talking to poor frightened Homer the sign painter on the hood of his tow truck.

Cooter: "Hey, what say Homer? Where'd you drop in from? I can't stop just yet, homer, so hang on, will ya? Hey how about movin' it over a little huh? How's ya wife?

Homer "WHOA! She's all right."

a little bit later when the chase is over and the scene cuts back to Cooter.

Homer: "COOTER!"

Cooter: "Sorry about that Homer. Hey, hey, look I'll by you a cold one down at the Boars Nest. Ok."

I just loved it how Cooter kept talking to poor frightened Homer :o , like it was nothing unsual for a guy to be holding on for dear life, and he is dragging the bad guys behind him.

I love his method of car fishing in that episode!

• 6 months later...

One of my faves is my signiture on a Roleplay site were i play Cooter:

Rosco: You call this drivin’? I could walk home faster than this. Now get a move on or I’m gonna give you a ticket for obstructing traffic.

Cooter: Now listen here Rocso, If you don’t cool it with that backseat driving, I’m going to lower this hook down, leave you smack-dab in the middle of the highway, and you can arrest yourself for obstructing traffic.

I can't remember what episode it was from though. lol

From the episode Hughie Hogg Strikes Again...

I can't remember the exact dialogue but its something like this. Hughie, dressed up as an old man has accused Cooter of stealing his wallet. Rosco tells Cletus to cuff and stuff Cooter. When Cletus moves in to do it, Cooter growls real deep and glares Cletus down. Cletus jumps back and whispers to Rosco, "Ya think he's had his shots?"

Something like that anyway. I don't know if that should be considered a Cooter line or Cletus, but I think Cooter stole the scene. Ya don't want ta be messin' with ol' Crazy Cooter. :D

• 11 months later...
I love this scene from Goodbye General Lee where Cooter is talking to poor frightened Homer the sign painter on the hood of his tow truck.

Cooter: "Hey, what say Homer? Where'd you drop in from? I can't stop just yet, homer, so hang on, will ya? Hey how about movin' it over a little huh? How's ya wife?

Homer "WHOA! She's all right."

a little bit later when the chase is over and the scene cuts back to Cooter.

Homer: "COOTER!"

Cooter: "Sorry about that Homer. Hey, hey, look I'll by you a cold one down at the Boars Nest. Ok."

I just loved it how Cooter kept talking to poor frightened Homer :o , like it was nothing unsual for a guy to be holding on for dear life, and he is dragging the bad guys behind him.

I love his method of car fishing in that episode!

Somebody ought to send the sports inspired from Dukes Of Hazzard 1. Car Fishing 2. Car Surfing(Coy and Vance episode) 3. Car Rollerderby 4. Pond Hopping 5. Creek Jumping(all episodes) 6. Portapotty pick-up 7. Catching students while driving.

Does anybody have any other Hazzard Inspired Sports. Have fun, if's its funny then I think we'll find it funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay, this isn't a quote from Cooter, It's not even one from Ben Jones.

It is a great quote from former Speaker of the House, Jim Wright when he was giving advice to Ben as he was entering politics and moving into his new office in Washington D.C.

"When you first get here, you'll wonder what in the world you are doing here. But after just a few months, you'll be wondering what in the world all the rest of these fools are doing here."

(page 210 of "Redneck Boy in the Promised Land" by Ben Jones)

• 3 weeks later...