Cannonball Comes To Town

HossC

I was planning on going to an American car show today (this one where I sat in a General Lee last year), but various factors conspired against it. Luckily there was another car related event much closer to home: Cannonball Ireland 2011 came to town. Unlike the namesake movies from the '80s, this was not a race, but just a charity fund-raising cruise of some very expensive cars including Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins amongst others:

Cannonball2.jpg

Cannonball3.jpg

There were a few American cars there too:

Cannonball4.jpg

They all parked up in the grounds of the castle. There must have been several million dollars' worth of cars on show.

Cannonball1.jpg

Thanks friend for sharing this excellent material, I also would have been happy to be there.

This castle is magnificent, impressive in a photo, I imagine have it ahead.

Last photo ...................¿¿¿¿ a glass on the floor ?????????

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa can not be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is common in South America but not in your country, please photo shop immediately ......... ........ no glass........ . ajajajajajajajajajajajajajj .

A big hug.

Last photo ...................¿¿¿¿ a glass on the floor ?????????

It was a paper coffee cup - I think all counties have their anti-social idiots who can't do simple things like find a bin (it was cold yesterday, and had just started raining, but that's no excuse). Luckily, this sort of behavior isn't too common here - in fact, the place where I live has just won an award in the Tidy Towns competition for the second year in a row :).

It was a paper coffee cup - I think all counties have their anti-social idiots who can't do simple things like find a bin (it was cold yesterday, and had just started raining, but that's no excuse). Luckily, this sort of behavior isn't too common here - in fact, the place where I live has just won an award in the Tidy Towns competition for the second year in a row :).

Please friend, do not take it wrong! remember the automatic translation .......

I have good knowledge of the customs of your country, so I made the joke with the glass.

Good life for you, a big hug.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It was Cannonball time again earlier today. This year the cars all parked up in a makeshift car park after some good burnouts up the hill. Several of this years' entries were the same as last year, so I've just included some of the new additions.

Quite a few of the drivers/passengers dressed up for the occasion, like this smart Polizei officer in an Audi and Chewbacca in a Maserati. Some other costumes, not shown here, included The Blues Brothers, Top Gear's The Stig and some NYC Police. Some of the cars also dressed up. How about a leopard print Rolls Royce or flower power stretched limo?

Cannonball1_2012.jpg

The Maserati ambulance didn't look very practical, but did include some handy livestock advice above the grille ;). The were a few US cars again this year, although not as many as the website had promised. The ones that did make it included a couple of Corvettes, a Hummer, a 2006 Mustang, a mid-70s Camaro and this '69 Camaro with a huge blower (similar to Vin Diesel's Charger in 'The Fast and the Furious'). I got to sit in the orange Lamborghini, and it was a bit cramped for my height. I told the owner that I liked the color, but it was the wrong sort of car :). Finally, I'll leave you with the Gardai talking to an unmasked Batman. As the cars left to make their way to the hotel he came down the street revving the engine in his Ferrari (he was driving very slowly and not doing burnouts). He was pulled over and given a breath test, which he passed. I guess it's not every day that they can say they stopped Batman!

Cannonball2_2012.jpg

• 5 years later...

I think them Duke Boys may have finally robbed Boss' bank. Just take a look at the Lamborghini I saw at this year's Cannonball.

GeneralLambo.jpg

There were nearly 200 cars this year, including multiple Ferraris, Porsches, Lamborghinis, McLarens and Mustangs. Many of those taking part were in fancy dress, and this time they included Chewbacca, Donald Trump and the Pope (complete with Popemobile). Despite all the expensive European automotive art on display, it was the '69 Mustang, '70 Charger and '70 Challenger that caught my eye. Even though it was red, the Challenger had "Drive Like Kowalski!" on the license plate :) .