Baseball

Garrett Duke

I think it'd be fun to see the Pirates vs the Cubs in the playoffs simply because I'm competitive with Garrett. LOL

The Pirates just beat the Rangers three games in a row.

On Tuesday night (in Texas) there were TWO outs in the bottom of the ninth with the Pirates up 5-2. Nobody was on base. It looked over.

Before you known it, the Rangers had runners on the corners and the score was 5-4. Adrian Beltre was up for Texas and he's one of the best hitters in baseball, hitting .370 lifetime against the Pirates. First pitch: called strike Second pitch: swing and miss. Third pitch: swing and miss.

Dang it Roger...give me some good news won't you? I've got Beltre on one of my three fantasy teams that I have...and am failing at. :( Someone's gotta help me. LOL.

Anyway...let's go Cubs. You Pirates may have swept the Rangers...but not my CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6 months later...

Guess what starts tonight y'all....BASEBALL. Dodgers VS Padres.

Then tomorrow my Cubs plays Roger's Pirates...Jeff Samardja will be taking the mound for the Cubs for their opening day. Guess who is excited??!!! I AM!!! Too bad the game starts at noon...and I will be at work. But perhaps they will do better without me. ;) LET'S GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cubs going to have some Pirates for lunch tomorrow...

This has got to be the best song and video ever to be made!!!! Has my all time favorite player on there, Ryne Sandberg as well as the Cubs old announcer Harry Carrey.. Miss the old Cubs that I grew up with...but do love the new Cubs as well. ;)

• 1 month later...

I should have posted this a couple days ago when I got the tickets but I'm going to my first baseball game tomorrow. I got two free tickets for having straight As in school. The Reds are playing the Brewers and it's also Star Wars weekend which makes it cooler. Likely it will be warm and won't rain.

I should have posted this a couple days ago when I got the tickets but I'm going to my first baseball game tomorrow. I got two free tickets for having straight As in school. The Reds are playing the Brewers and it's also Star Wars weekend which makes it cooler. Likely it will be warm and won't rain.

Way to go K-Duke on getting straight A's! That is super exciting and am proud of you. Congrats on the free tickets...that too is exciting...hope you have a dray game to go to with a great game to watch. May your Reds win for you. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I completely forgot about giving an update.

It was awesome. I want to go again. We got free posters which I will put a picture on in a little bit. My dad and I also got a picture with Darth Vader which I will also post. We got me a certificate saying that it was my first game and we also got free tickets to see the hall of fame they got which was really cool.

We won 4 to 3 I think in the 9th inning. I got a tad burned but the view was perfect. It wasn't my dad's first game though since a year or two ago, he did the fireworks for a game and was on the very top of the stadium.

All in all, it was a great time and I think I've become a baseball fan. (We also made it onto the big screen about 3-4 times)

• 7 years later...

Hey Garrett! Good to hear from you.  Have you been following the  baseball playoffs much or don't you care since the Cubs aren't in it? I'm rooting for the Braves since they are close to Hazzard County. It looks like my Pirates will be bad forever.  Still following NASCAR all the time? I see your Bears are in second place. Sorry about that mess with fantasy baseball. If I would have guessed it would have caused that much trouble I wouldn't have left. I really felt bad. 

On 3/30/2014 at 3:21 PM, Garrett Duke said:

Guess what starts tonight y'all....BASEBALL. Dodgers VS Padres.

Then tomorrow my Cubs plays Roger's Pirates...Jeff Samardja will be taking the mound for the Cubs for their opening day. Guess who is excited??!!! I AM!!! Too bad the game starts at noon...and I will be at work. But perhaps they will do better without me. ;) LET'S GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cubs going to have some Pirates for lunch tomorrow...

This has got to be the best song and video ever to be made!!!! Has my all time favorite player on there, Ryne Sandberg as well as the Cubs old announcer Harry Carrey.. Miss the old Cubs that I grew up with...but do love the new Cubs as well. ;)

Here's an old Cubbie post. 

Thank you Roger for refreshing my Cubbies.  My season starts and ends with the Cubs. So I haven't paid too close attention.  But with that said, I hope Kris Bryant will have great success in the post season as well as Joc Pedersen who plays for your Braves. My Cubs will be forever bad too if they keep getting rid of their key players...

I am very happy with the Bears...hopefully they can keep it up.