Baseball

Garrett Duke

It looks like my Pirates are off to a good start in their weekend series with Garrett's Cubs.

The Buccos beat the Cubbies 2-0 Friday night. It was a little scary for Pittsburgh fans when the Cubs had two runners on base and the winning run at bat in the bottom of the ninth but the story had a happy ending.....although Garrett wouldn't agree.

Well Garrett, it looks like the Penguins are going to be eliminated so I'll be rooting for your Blackhawks to win the Stanley Cup.

Well Roger enjoy your win that the Cubs gave you today...you won't get so lucky tomorrow when the Cubs ace pitcher Jeff Samardja takes the mound. :D

I am sooooo anxious and excited for this upcoming Thursday as I will be heading on a bus trip to Chicago to see my CUBS play the Cincinnati Reds...at the best stadium...EVER! WRIGLEY FIELD! Really hope to get to hear their signature winning song that they play at every home game that they win!

LOVE this video...it starts off and has several scenes with my hero Ryne Sandberg. He was the player with the #23 and the Cubs second baseman. Great baseball player, great man. Really miss him in Cubs uniform...not only that but also shows my second all time favorite Cubs player Kerry Wood and shows him hugging his son last year on his last day as an active Cubs player. Miss both those guys...class acts all the way. Ah and it has Harry Carray, Ron Santo...

Oh and if you listen to the lyrics...they say the Cubs have the greatest fans. That is hard to argue! :D This has got to be the greatest song, greatest video EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Roger, if you watch the video all the way through...half way through it shows the Cubs beating your Pirates 11-2! Woo hoo...was that a great game or what?!

Going for the Chicago Blackhawks now? About time you go for a great team...am really hoping they will win the Stanley Cup this year. Am not a huge hockey fan...in fact don't think I have ever sat down and watched a game, but have been following the Blackhawks a lot this year. I need to have at least one of my teams make it...right? LOL

Edited by Garrett Duke

Speaking of your Blackhawks, they were 9 seconds away from advancing to the Finals when they gave up a goal and the Kings tied it.

As I type this it's still in overtime.

Even if the Blackhawks lose they'll still be up 3 games to 2 but I sure hope they score soon and wrap this thing up.

Speaking of your Blackhawks, they were 9 seconds away from advancing to the Finals when they gave up a goal and the Kings tied it.

Even if the Blackhawks lose they'll still be up 3 games to 2 but I sure hope they score soon and wrap this thing up.

I have been following the game through what people are writing on Facebook...sounds like they started out so good tonight. Will be a hard loss if they do lose. Really hope they will win and clinch it TONIGHT.

LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Roger I am proud to announce that the Blackhawks won in second overtime tonight to clinch the series...now onto the series that will lead to the Stanley Cup. Woo hoo! Am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!! LET'S BRING THE STANLEY CUP HOME TO CHICAGO...WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well y'all I had an awesome afternoon at the ol' ball park yesterday. I do believe Wrigley Field is as close to Heaven one can get on Earth. Has got to be the best place on Earth...EVER! Almost as good as being in Hazzard. ;) It was a great baseball game...My Cubs against K Dukes' Reds. Got to admit when I saw Reds' pitcher Mat Latos or Labos and his stats it did have me a tad bit worried especially since the Reds had just gotten done beating the Cubs three games in a row at Wrigley. But I am proud to say that the Reds did NOT sweep the Cubs at Wrigley this series...Cubs and the Reds must have been well matched yesterday as they both played good ball...though the Cubs did play catch up most of the game to the Reds. But the Cubs did come back to beat the Reds 6-5 in 14 solid innings. Sadly the guy that led the bus tour had said it was time to go at the top of the thirteen or fourteenth inning, so we missed the winning run...but it was a great game at the ol' ball park. Even one of the Blackhawks announcers (Eddie O...something. LOL. Have to admit, didn't know who he was until they said who he was) sang "Take me out to the Ball game".

And well, I can't help but to take tons of pictures...even took a few of K Dukes' Reds...and of Joey Votto. Seemed to get a lot of player #19...though can't remember who he is. Sure K Duke knows who he is...and had to take a picture of Reds' manager Dusty Baker when he came to relieve the pitcher. Dang I miss seeing him in a Cubs uniform! All in all it was a great game...

post-2840-14305081484_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814849_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814859_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814873_thumb.jpg

post-2840-143050814883_thumb.jpg

Except for missing the end I'm glad to hear that you had fun Garrett. You certainly deserved it!

GO CUBS!!!! (unless they're playing the Pirates)

Thanks Roger. I enjoyed every minute of it...except for when all the rude fans began booing the Cubs for a mistake or calling them names. Don't understand what good booing anyone does, but your own team? I will never understand that...at all. It was a great game, a great day. Wish I could go back tomorrow...

It's awesome that you had a good time at the game Garrett. I really am not sure who number 19 is for the Reds. My dad is doing the fireworks again for one of the Reds' home games. I'm just not sure what game. And sadly, I still haven't been to a professional baseball game. I feel bad since both of you guys have been to one. Lets hope that that will change soon.

Hopefully you'll get the chance soon K-Duke.

My grandparents took us to a lot of Pirate games in the early 70s when Three Rivers Stadium first opened in Pittsburgh. As an adult I've been to four Major League Baseball games....one in Toronto and 3 in Pittsburgh. In Toronto Roger Clemens struck out 16.

I've been to three NBA games. All of them were in Cleveland when they were playing my Minnesota Timberwolves.

I've been to three NFL games, two in Pittsburgh and one in Buffalo.....all won by the home teams.

I've been to just one NHL game (in Pittsburgh vs NY Rangers.) I got a fantastic close up picture of Wayne Gretzsky.

Hopefully you'll get the chance soon K-Duke.

I sure hope so. And I found out that my dad and the crew he works with will do the fireworks for the games on the 3rd and 5th of July which will be against the Giants and Mariners. If only it was against the Pirates or Cubs, then you guys could be amazed by some awesome Rozzi fireworks.

LOL When my oldest grandson was about 5 or 6, I remember him saying "When I grow up I want to be the guy who sets off fireworks."

I suppose there's going to be a lot of kids at those Reds games who look up to your dad more than they do the players.

Haha. Well if he comes to here about the end of April he can be come a shooter. My dad does it each year.

And the fireworks are afterward but they will still be cool for the little kids.

I sure hope so. And I found out that my dad and the crew he works with will do the fireworks for the games on the 3rd and 5th of July which will be against the Giants and Mariners. If only it was against the Pirates or Cubs, then you guys could be amazed by some awesome Rozzi fireworks.

Rozzi fire works...you switch the i and the o around you have Rizzo. As in the Cubs first baseman, Anthony Rizzo! :D (I am actually wearing his jersery shirt as I type this. HA!) Sorry K, couldn't help myself when I saw the name. I hope that you will one day be able to experience a live MLB game...you will love it. Meanwhile support them from the TV...you can have your own bathroom and well, your drinks and food won't be as expensive. ;)

Rozzi fire works...you switch the i and the o around you have Rizzo. As in the Cubs first baseman, Anthony Rizzo! :D (I am actually wearing his jersery shirt as I type this. HA!) Sorry K, couldn't help myself when I saw the name. I hope that you will one day be able to experience a live MLB game...you will love it. Meanwhile support them from the TV...you can have your own bathroom and well, your drinks and food won't be as expensive. ;)

Well this isn't baseball or Dukes related, but am proud to share that the Stanley Cup is coming to Chicago with the Blackhawks! Have yet to sit down and watch a hockey game, but have kept up with the Blackhawks through Facebook and through fantasy hockey...am proud and excited that the Blackhawks have won the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Chicago Blackhawks on a great season...and for winning the Stanley Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/

Now if only the Cubs can follow suit and win the World Series...I would be beyond HAPPY!!!!!!!!!! :D

You speak some very wise words, Garrett. :wink::lol: And I probably would have done the same thing. Sometimes you can't pass up a good opportunity.

There was some fireworks here on the HazzardNet last baseball season when Garrett lost a friendly bet to yours truly on who would win the most regular season games, the Pirates or Cubs. Needless to say, Garrett has a bit of a temper when the Cubbies have a bad year. Get ready to run for cover in September because it could happen again.

There was some fireworks here on the HazzardNet last baseball season when Garrett lost a friendly bet to yours truly on who would win the most regular season games, the Pirates or Cubs. Needless to say, Garrett has a bit of a temper when the Cubbies have a bad year. Get ready to run for cover in September because it could happen again.

Sorry to disappoint you Roger, but it ain't gonna happen this year. Because this year, is the CUBS year, all the way! :D

I may have said the same thing for the past twenty some years, but, you know, that is besides the point...one of these years I will be correct and it might as well as be this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to disappoint you Roger, but it ain't gonna happen this year. Because this year, is the CUBS year, all the way! :D

I may have said the same thing for the past twenty some years, but, you know, that is besides the point...one of these years I will be correct and it might as well as be this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cubs won't win until 2015 - did you learn nothing from 'Back to the Future Part II'? ;)