Baseball

Garrett Duke

Well, well, well. I just was that the Reds are at the top of the National League in the central area with the most win. 71 to be specific. We'll have to see if the can make it 72 tonight and beat the Cubs.

And so ya know Garrett, Cubs are 4th and the Pirates are 2nd.

Well I would wish you and your team the best of luck, but don't know if I can do t hat since they are playing my Cubs. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!! :escape: Sorry once a Cubs fan, always a Cubs fan. They've had a rough year so far and they need all the wins they can get...LOL.

Thanks for the update on the standings...just glad the Cubs aren't last any more.

What all Pirate fans were fearing seems to be unfolding. Our boys are having an August slump. We're up against the Cardinals this weekend in the battle for second place. If we get swept I'm going to think we're out of momentum and won't make the playoffs. We should end the season with a winning record. If not it will make 20 years in a row of a losing record which will extend the worst losing streak in all of American big league sports.

Well I would wish you and your team the best of luck, but don't know if I can do t hat since they are playing my Cubs. GO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!! :escape: Sorry once a Cubs fan, always a Cubs fan. They've had a rough year so far and they need all the wins they can get...LOL.

Thanks for the update on the standings...just glad the Cubs aren't last any more.

Well I'll take that wish anyway. Reds are winning though. So yay for us.

Roger, I hope you win. But we'll see who wins on September 11 when Reds and Pirates go against each other.

Just joined the Hazzard Net and I am a Washington Nationals fan.Grew up following the old Senators, both teams.Really hated to see the original team go to Minnesota and become the Twins as they were improving and the expansion team was always pretty bad except for big Frank Howard and then they split for Texas after the '71 season.

Washington has not had postseason baseball since 1933. Cubs fans may lament, but at least Chicago has had post-season teams since then and even a World Series champ,the 2005 White Sox.

Washington's only World Series championship was back in 1924, with Walter Johnson, maybe the best pitcher of all time.

Like to see the Nats win it all, against the Yankees. It would be tough for me if it is Rangers/Nats as would hate to see this former DC team lose 3 in a row.

I have always had a warm spot for the Twins and Rangers,both former DC teams.So happy when Minnesota won in 1987 and 1991.

Glad to see the Pirates doing so well.Every time in my life when they have gone to the World Series they have given us a good one. Remember seeing tha '60 Mazeroski homer when I was a kid, the gym teacher let us kids watch it on his TV.Back in the days when the Series was played in the day, instead of after kids bedtimes like it is now. And the great Roberto Clemente starring in 1971,and Willie Stargell in 1979.

If not the Nats,be fine with the Reds. Or the Dodgers. Have always admired them be being courageous , for signing Jackie Robinson. And one of my favorite actresses,Alyssa Milano(Charmed), is a fan of theirs, and has written an interesting book about her love of baseball,titled Safe At Home.

The AL? A hard choice, like the Rangers but would not want to have to choose between them and the Nats in the Series.

*crying.......tears dripping on computer's keypad*

I'd better be careful because this computer's brand new.

I just can't stop crying since the Pirates have been in a slump.

I don't even think they're going to get a wildcard spot.

*continues crying*

Humph.

Well Roger I aplogize that your team is going through a "slump" and you are worried about not making the wild card. Though do find it hard to feel bad for you too much seeing as how your team was in first place or close to first place and had a chance at the wild card. Meaning they at least played good baseball.

My Cubs on the other hand...oh never mind, that's right. They're rebuilding...just as Theo rebuilt the Red Sox. Give the Cubs a couple of years and they'll be winning the World Series just as the Red Sox did. :rofl: Well this Cubs fan can only hope.

Best of luck Roger and K Duke to both of your teams. Hopefully they'll keep the Cardinals out of the post season....:innocent:

Humph.

Well Roger I aplogize that your team is going through a "slump" and you are worried about not making the wild card. Though do find it hard to feel bad for you too much seeing as how your team was in first place or close to first place and had a chance at the wild card. Meaning they at least played good baseball.

My Cubs on the other hand...oh never mind, that's right. They're rebuilding...just as Theo rebuilt the Red Sox. Give the Cubs a couple of years and they'll be winning the World Series just as the Red Sox did. :rofl: Well this Cubs fan can only hope.

Best of luck Roger and K Duke to both of your teams. Hopefully they'll keep the Cardinals out of the post season....:innocent:

Yah. I'm hoping we win against them this weekend I think it is.;)

I'm also sorry that we had to be the one to win Roger. Sometimes it happens like that. It's sad to see how sad you are.:cry:

• 4 weeks later...

The regular season is winding down and it looks like my Pirates aren't going to make the playoffs without a miracle. But the good news is that they're going to end up with more wins than the Cubs since they're currently leading them 74-59 so that'll be an nice consolation prize for me. Any win over Garrett is a good one.

Get ready to pick you favorite playoff teams. It looks like I'll be rooting for the Braves in the NL and Rangers in the AL with the Braves winning it all.

The regular season is winding down and it looks like my Pirates aren't going to make the playoffs without a miracle. But the good news is that they're going to end up with more wins than the Cubs since they're currently leading them 74-59 so that'll be an nice consolation prize for me. Any win over Garrett is a good one.

Get ready to pick you favorite playoff teams. It looks like I'll be rooting for the Braves in the NL and Rangers in the AL with the Braves winning it all.

Oh wow you really know how to drag my face in the mud, don't you Roger? I have been dreading the off season since August, so you have to state the obvious. . .thirteen more days til the off season. And as if I already didn't know that my Cubs have just had a horrible year, you had to go brag about it. Ouch...I once thought we were friends, but after that statement, don't know if our friendship could cover the pain you just enforced upon me. :-o:roll:;)

Oh wow you really know how to drag my face in the mud, don't you Roger? I have been dreading the off season since August, so you have to state the obvious. . .thirteen more days til the off season. And as if I already didn't know that my Cubs have just had a horrible year, you had to go brag about it. Ouch...I once thought we were friends, but after that statement, don't know if our friendship could cover the pain you just enforced upon me. :-o:roll:;)

Wow you two. I hope y'all don't hate me since the Reds won Central title. It's great that they got it. Lets just hope our coach gets out of the hospital in Chicago soon.

Well K Duke...Dusty Baker is in my thoughts and prayers and hope that he will return to your Reds. He use to be the manager for the Cubs. The only guy who was brave enough and smart enough to stand up to Sammy Sosa. I loved Dusty when he was in Chicago and still miss him. :( Hard to root against him, though Cubs come before Dusty and your Reds. For your sake and for Dusty's sake, hope they can go all the way. Dusty is a great manager...do like Dale Sveum for the Cubs, but still miss good ol' Dusty.

I will love to get back at you next year Roger when my Cubs win the World Series. :rofl: NEXT YEAR IS THE CUBS' YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I will love to get back at you next year Roger when my Cubs win the World Series. :rofl: NEXT YEAR IS THE CUBS' YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your attitude Garrett but I hate to tell you that the Cubs are only going to make it to the National League championship series where they will be swept by the Pirates in 4 games.

I feel bad because I know that will break your heart but you'll get a little practice at having your heart broken when the Steelers beat the Bears in the Super Bowl in February.

I love your attitude Garrett but I hate to tell you that the Cubs are only going to make it to the National League championship series where they will be swept by the Pirates in 4 games.

I feel bad because I know that will break your heart but you'll get a little practice at having your heart broken when the Steelers beat the Bears in the Super Bowl in February.

Well Roger...I have been saying next year is the Cubs' year for probably the past twenty five years or so and that next year is bound to come sooner or later. And I think next year is as good of a year as any to break this hundred plus year curse that has covered my beloved Cubs.

But just to be nice, I will let you believe that your Pirates will win it, but just plan on being disappointed when the Cubs crush your Pirates. After all, everyone knows that good always win and Pirates aren't exactly known for their good ethics and good behavior if you know what I mean. :escape::rofl:

As for your Stealers...em Steelers, they too will be crushed. The Bears will devour your Stealers in the Super Bowl. That is if the referees will call the game correctly. The Bears are 2-1 this season...they will be unstoppable..em except for that one game. HA. GO BEARS...GO CUBS!!!!!!!!! :-P

I forgot to mention that the Penguins will sweep the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup Finals this coming spring.

That is if the season doesn't get cancelled.

(If the Penguins and Blackhawks are in the same conference and can't play each other in the Finals I'm going to feel pretty dumb)

Dang Roger what you have against my Chicago teams...at least you have nothing against my Bulls. As of yet. Then again it is hard to beat the team that the great Michael Jordan use to play for. :p

Well I don't know how NHL is divisioned off as, but if the Blackhawks play your ice cold Penguins, well, they better plan to be crushed as all of your other teams will be. HA HA. 8-)

Congratulations K-Duke 15.

Last night your Reds (Homer Baily) pitched a no-hitter against my *sob* Pirates.

The other bit of good news for you is that the Reds are getting Dusty Baker back in time for the post-season.

GO BRAVES!

Well Roger, I am sorry about your Pirates...am not a Reds fan by any means. All my support to go to my Cubs...when the Cubs' season ends, my season ends. Meaning I only have a few more games :cry: :cry: :cry:. But am very relieved and excited to hear that Dusty Baker will be back for the post season - was sad the Cubs got rid of him when they did. Guess I'll have to support Dusty on this one, Roger...after all, he does have a Cubs connection. :wink:

I'm pretty excited at the moment. Hopefully I'll win my first ever championship in fantasy sports. I've only been playing three years but second place in basketball is the best I've ever done.

As I sit here watching the Rangers-Angels game it's in the bottom of the sixth. Two of my opponents players are Mike Trout and Adrian Beltre. The entire season comes down to those two guys. If neither one of them hits a home run the rest of the game I win the championship. If one of them does, we'll be tied 5-5 in statistical catagories and I won't know until morning who is champ because I don't know who has the tie breaker. Wish me luck.

• 6 months later...
I'm pretty excited at the moment. Hopefully I'll win my first ever championship in fantasy sports. I've only been playing three years but second place in basketball is the best I've ever done.

As I sit here watching the Rangers-Angels game it's in the bottom of the sixth. Two of my opponents players are Mike Trout and Adrian Beltre. The entire season comes down to those two guys. If neither one of them hits a home run the rest of the game I win the championship. If one of them does, we'll be tied 5-5 in statistical catagories and I won't know until morning who is champ because I don't know who has the tie breaker. Wish me luck.

Yep, I ended up winning.

LOL I forgot all about posting this here.

The first pitch has officially been thrown to start the 2013 season!