Baseball

Garrett Duke

I don't plan on losing. . .ha ha ha! I'll be totally bummed if the Yankees lose tonight. They better get their bats in gear and ready to hit more grand slams tonight. HA HA.

Looks like my plans were changed for me last night. . .thanks to the Yankees. Am ready for April fifth to see the Cubs take the mound once again. . .

I watched the last three innings. Sorry your Yankees lost Garrett. I was looking forward to seeing the Rangers beat them.

I see Brian's Brewers won tonight and advance. We've sure had some close games in this post-season. Maybe his Brewers will face my Rangers in the World Series.....that is if they both can win four more games.

I'm a Pirate fan MM so I wouldn't complain. We extended the record for most losing seasons for any professional sports team in the United States.

So.......

Garrett....Yankees

Brian.....Brewers

Roger.....Rangers

If anybody else wants in, pick quick.

Since you're a Pirate fan, Rog, you probably know of Jason Kendall. I went to school with him (though didn't know him all that well), who started off his MLB career as a catcher for the Pirates. He was also briefly with the Cubs and the Brewers.

I'm going to root for a Rangers vs. Brewers World Series. Neither team has a World Series win, so if they both get in, we'll have one less team that has never won. :)

Since you're a Pirate fan, Rog, you probably know of Jason Kendall. I went to school with him (though didn't know him all that well), who started off his MLB career as a catcher for the Pirates. He was also briefly with the Cubs and the Brewers.

I'm going to root for a Rangers vs. Brewers World Series. Neither team has a World Series win, so if they both get in, we'll have one less team that has never won. :)

Well MM...you beat me to it. Was going to add that Jason Kendall played for the Cubs for at least a short bit. ;)

Uh Oh, here we go again. I'm watching the Rangers playing the Tigers and a fan just interfered with a foul ball that Josh Hamilton might have been able to catch. After that, with two outs, a Tiger hit a two run homer that wouldn't have happened if Hamilton would have caught that foul ball. The Rangers are leading 9-4 and if they can hold it they move on to the World Series. If the Tigers come back and win a close one I wouldn't want to be that fan. I remember what happened to that fan in Chicago when something similiar happened. Hopefully the Rangers will win and it won't be a problem.

Uh Oh, here we go again. I'm watching the Rangers playing the Tigers and a fan just interfered with a foul ball that Josh Hamilton might have been able to catch. After that, with two outs, a Tiger hit a two run homer that wouldn't have happened if Hamilton would have caught that foul ball. The Rangers are leading 9-4 and if they can hold it they move on to the World Series. If the Tigers come back and win a close one I wouldn't want to be that fan. I remember what happened to that fan in Chicago when something similiar happened. Hopefully the Rangers will win and it won't be a problem.

LOL Roger. I was thinking the same thing when I was reading what you wrote there. That fan was definately not popular with what he did...at least not in Chicago.

The Brewers bit the dust tonight and fell to the Cardinals. I didn't have money (or worse) on this, did I?

Well Brian my condolences go out to you and your Brew-crew on their loss...but take it from this die hard Cubs fan, at least they made it to the post season. ;) With that said, they may have lost to the Cardinals, but they had a heck of a season to get to the post season - the Cardinals had to fall back on the Wild Card if I am remembering correctly. Always good to see a bad luck team get a little good luck and good talent to make a good year - if that makes any sense. Gives me some hope for next year. HA HA I'm sticking to my yearly slogan...Next year is gonna be their (Cubs) year. Am already looking forward to April 5th. . .

If it's any comfort Garrett, I'd rather see the Cubs in the World Series than the Cardinals. The Cardinals have gotten there plenty of times over the years. The Cards deserved to win this weekend, don't get me wrong, the Brewer's starting pitcher dug a hole in the first inning and game six was already over. That said, the Cards get to the World Series annoyingly often, when you average it out. I'd have rather seen some other baseball wallflower make the big dance.

If it's any comfort Garrett, I'd rather see the Cubs in the World Series than the Cardinals. The Cardinals have gotten there plenty of times over the years. The Cards deserved to win this weekend, don't get me wrong, the Brewer's starting pitcher dug a hole in the first inning and game six was already over. That said, the Cards get to the World Series annoyingly often, when you average it out. I'd have rather seen some other baseball wallflower make the big dance.

:) Thanks. I was going for your Brewers to knock 'em out as well for the same reason plus they are the Cubs rivalry so who wants 'em to make it all the way. Ha. Guess there are some happy Card fans out there somewhere.

Well Brian, hopefully next year, it will be my Cubs vs your Brewers in the play offs. That'd make for a great match!:popcorn:

The Brewers bit the dust tonight and fell to the Cardinals. I didn't have money (or worse) on this, did I?

You don't remember? I thought we agreed via PM that you'd post a picture of yourself with a Pittsburgh Pirate hat on if the Brewers don't make the World Series. Of course you're a moderator with computer skills so I'm guessing all evidence of that PM has been digitally destroyed.

You don't remember? I thought we agreed via PM that you'd post a picture of yourself with a Pittsburgh Pirate hat on if the Brewers don't make the World Series. Of course you're a moderator with computer skills so I'm guessing all evidence of that PM has been digitally destroyed.

My bets are usually worse than that. But you're right, I don't seem to have any evah-dense of any such wager. Oh well! You can still try embarrassing me with the football season.

On an aside, I once worked for a division of PNC, so I know more about the stadium out there than you'd probably expect. I also have a Steelers cry towel...er, Terrible Towel, that Pendragon sent to me last year. Such are my connections to Pittsburgh.

Meanwhile, the Cardinals have taken the first game in the Series. Might be no stoppin' the redbirds this year. Anyone ready to call the outcome?

Wow! What an intense ninth inning in game 2.

Now that the series is tied at one game each I'm making the bold claim that the Rangers will win the next three in a row.

I don't really have a bid in this any more...never really did. My baseball season starts and finishes with the Cubs. Talking of which they just got the Red Sox GM that had broke their losing streak...maybe Theo could do the same for the Cubs. I could always wish, right? ;)

Anyway, I am hoping you are right, Roger. Would love to see the Cards lose it (I apologize for any Cardinals fans on the forum...mean no offense.) but would love it to see the opposing team win. Which now is the Rangers. Be nice to see the underdog win the WS!

LOL I don't have a bid either. Remember I picked the Braves to win it all and they didn't even make the playoffs. Oh well, go Rangers!

......and Go Pirates in 2012!

Sorry to break it to you Roger...but the Cubs got Red Sox GM Theo Esptien (Sp) that broke their World Series drought. He may not be the Cubs GM...they gave him some sort of baseball president title...can't think of it, but I am going to remain loyal to the Cubs and break the news early to you, Roger. The Cubs are going to the World Series in 2012...gotta face it, it's their time to shine! HA HA HA :escape:

Am thinking of you tonight with the World Series...am really hoping that the WS trophy will be going home to Texas after tonight's game. Always great when the underdog team can come and win it all!!!!! :D

• 5 months later...

Last year my Pirates won 72 games and Garrett's Cubs won 71 so if anyone wants to witness a big time brawl between two members of the HazzardNet, this thread is the place to be.

In the meantime if someone else wants to throw their baseball hat in the ring, now's the time to pledge your allegiance to your favorite team. I don't know why you're bothering though since the Pirates are going to win it all. If you don't believe that Garrett, then you don't know anything about baseball and you really shouldn't be here. Go back to your NASCAR thread.

Wow Roger...it looks like you came ready to fight. Well since you are ready for a fight, I'd say you came prepared to lose. You supposedly precious Pirates may have one more win last year than my Cubs did last year, but that is only because your little Pirates got on that lucky streak the first half of the season.

Obviously you didn't know the Cubs have a new coaching staff...and they are coming into the season ready to WIN! Just as the Cubs have came to win...I also came to win in fantasy baseball...prepare to lose!

As for believing...I am a die hard Cubs fan whos motto every year is this is our year...so I will say it loud and clear for you THIS IS THE CUBS YEAR! THEY'RE TAKING HOME THE WS RING HOME IN OCTOBER! (If not my motto will then turn into "next year is their year"...LOL)

I am sorry Roger...I am going to DISAGREE with you. I know a lot about baseball...only been a Cubs fan for 26 years now. (Way longer than I have been a NASCAR fan...) I know who the best team is...the CHICAGO CUBS. You've just got to learn and accept it Roger...sometimes, the truth hurts a bit.

:rofl: You want me to leave this board? That only means you're afraid that I am RIGHT. HA HA. Well as I said, your post sounds like you are ready for a fight. So here I am to say:

CHICAGO CUBS ARE NUMBER 01!!!!!!!!!

I know who the best team is...the CHICAGO CUBS. You've just got to learn and accept it Roger...sometimes, the truth hurts a bit.

CHICAGO CUBS ARE NUMBER 01!!!!!!!!!

I don't have to take this abuse. I'm reporting you to the moderators. They care about the reputation of this website and they'll be furious when they hear that you're spreading lies on it. The Cubs are not better. Let me repeat myself, the Pirates won more games than the Cubs last year by a WIDE margain, 72-71. If you can't accept that Pittsburgh is by far the superior team just go back and do the math. Use a calculator if you have to. 72 is like....a trillion times bigger number than 71.

I don't have to take this abuse. I'm reporting you to the moderators. They care about the reputation of this website and they'll be furious when they hear that you're spreading lies on it. The Cubs are not better. Let me repeat myself, the Pirates won more games than the Cubs last year by a WIDE margain, 72-71. If you can't accept that Pittsburgh is by far the superior team just go back and do the math. Use a calculator if you have to. 72 is like....a trillion times bigger number than 71.

Wow Roger...sounds like your calculator is broken or perhaps...or more likely, sounds like your stole Boss Hogg's calculator. My calculator...which is MINE and is NOT broken, reads that your cheating Pirates only won by ONE game.

So if anyone is lying, Roger, it is YOU. So go ahead and try to report you. They'll probably ban you for life for all your horrible lies and for supporting such a horrible team as the Pirates. So perhaps you shouldn't report it...even if you are LYING about the BEST team in baseball...the CUBS...I would truly miss you on the boards.

And you may be PROUD of your ONE game better status that the Pirates have, but you better enjoy it while you can. This is the CUBS year...so come this time next year, it will be me bragging about who won more games than your Pirates. :escape:

In case you have forgotten...

CUBS ARE NUMBER 01!!!!!

There's only one way to settle this...

PLAY BALL!!!

Oh shucks, we have to wait a few more days.

Seriousely though, this is a big year for the Pirates. They've had 19 years in a row where they've lost more than they've won. No other team in USA big league sports has been that bad. I just hope they can snap that streak...'cause 20 is, like a trillion times bigger than 19....according my my calculator.

If the Pirates don't win it I'll root for the Cubs considering how long it's been since they've won it all but let's face it, the Pirates have a better chance of having a winning season than the Cubs do of winning the World Series....

in the meantime, I have to get back to the business of pretending I hate the Cubs.....just because our rivalry is so fun.