Here's a General Lee paper model that looks fun to put together. The design is in a PDF file. I'm not sure what thickness of card stock paper would be best for it, so if somebody tries this and nails it down, please let us know.

If you have patience and a sharp scissors, try some arts n' crafts, Dukes of Hazzard style! The download link appears below the photo:

397134023.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/document/EXlDjJ1X/General_Lee_II_B.html

Perhaps I should clean out the clothes dryer and try one in lint... Khee! A General Lee in lint... A General Lint! LOL.

Bahaha!! What kind of drugs have you been taking? And did you bring enough to share?

Back to the General Lee paper model, I thought it'd be a fun party game kinda thing, too. Print 'em out, cut out the pieces, and give everybody a set. Then, give everybody a 5 minute time limit to put theirs together. I bet you'd have some crazy results.

Looking at this thing, I'd probably need three days to figure it out. The designer is from Brazil, and when I traced the thing back to the source, there wasn't a goodset of written instructions to pass along. Not in English, anyhow.

Believe it or not, it was a bad paper model of General Lee that I found online that started me on the General Lee artwork I posted in the Fan Art thread. I wanted to make a better one, but never did get around to turning it into a model. This one looks much better than the other one I've seen. The designer of this one, João Carlos, seems to have been busy making lots of models according to his website. It also looks like he uses some kind of 3D modeling software for his designs (which I don't have :().

I'm not sure what thickness of card stock paper would be best for it, so if somebody tries this and nails it down, please let us know.

I've just printed it out, and I used 100gsm paper. I know this won't mean much to those of you in the US, but I looked at the way you guys grade paper weight and didn't understand a word of it. If it helps, it's about 25% heavier than normal photocopier paper. I figured that anything thicker may make the more detailed parts harder to complete. I haven't started cutting it out yet, so I'll have to let you know if I was right :). I'm also going to need to find some axles - I'm thinking about using drinking straws at the moment - I'll let you know what I end up using.

Perhaps I should clean out the clothes dryer and try one in lint... Khee! A General Lee in lint... A General Lint! LOL.

I'm looking forward to the pictures of that one Mufn.

Back to the General Lee paper model, I thought it'd be a fun party game kinda thing, too. Print 'em out, cut out the pieces, and give everybody a set. Then, give everybody a 5 minute time limit to put theirs together. I bet you'd have some crazy results.

It's going to take a good while to cut it all out. I think your pre-party time would be better spent perfecting the punch ;). Given just 5 minutes, I may have one wheel done.