I can't believe it took me this long to notice this!

bethie88

the general only had the flags in series one - they stopped putting them on for some reason after that

i think they may have gotten fed up of putting them of a car whenever the general did a jump (ie - 10 times a day!)

i had looked for an image of that for an avitar for this site - couldn't find one though

Yeah they didn't use that for very long. The only time I remember seeing it is in like one of the first few episode where it has that little kid spitting water or whatever all over the back window....little *******.....anyway, I forget what it means, I used to know cause my uncle told me...

It was coke.

Bo: What're you doin'?

Kid: Squirtin' flies.

Bo: Hahahaha...I hate kids. :lol:

i know that the confederate flag represents the beliefs of the south in the civil war that slaves should be kept (yankees wanted to free the slaves and they won)

i also know from racing that the chequered flag is the symbol of a winner, a true racer and an honest racer. someone who cheats in a race does not get a waved chequered flag, they get a still flag. the chequered flag on the general is in the waved position

i do not know if there is another meaning when the two are joined

A little off topic here...back to the kid spitting coke on the window...the guy who played Dobro in the first episode "One Armed Bandits" (Same ep.) is the same guy who played Cooter's cousin, LB Davenport. Anyway...the kid spitting on the window is his son. The guy playing LB/Dobro is Ernie Brown...I think the kid's name is Jason. But don't quote me on that. LOL.

Just a little information...LOL. :wink:

-Garrett Duke-

Does anyone know why some of the Lees have a chrome "pinstripe" stretching from the back of one side window, around the bottom of the back window, and to the back of the other side window and some don't? Is that a different model Charger?

Also, I noticed Luke open and shut the door of the General in the first episode of the second season. Anyone catch that?

By the way, the flag's not about slavery, tightly knit, but it's not a symbol of that.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know why some of the Lees have a chrome "pinstripe" stretching from the back of one side window, around the bottom of the back window, and to the back of the other side window and some don't? Is that a different model Charger?

I posted about this same question on another thread, I'll repeat it here:

The chrome trim around the base of the C-pillar came on Chargers originally equipped with a vinyl top (a lot of them came that way new). It visually separated the vinyl top from the rest of the body. Cars that came with no vinyl top did not have those trim pieces (or the mounting holes for them of course). Since it is easier to just put the trim pieces back on than it is to fill the mounting holes in the body, they appeared on a lot of General Lee's. The few General Lees that didn't have the chrome trim around the base of the C-pillars were cars that originally came with no vinyl top. I notice that none of the General Lees for the new movie that I have seen have that trim piece; which is a good idea IMO since it was never intended to be on cars with no vinyl top in the first place. From what I have seen of this upcoming movie, they seem to be a lot bigger on continuity than the old show was.

Also, about that checkered flag on the rear deck, it was in more than just episode 1. It was also in episode 5 (High-Octane). It is on that weird General Lee that doesn't have a push bumper, a dented center piece on the grill and a headlight door stuck open so you see the headlights. When Rosco and the revenuer woman look out the window of their office down at the General Lee you can see the crossed flags on the car.

• 4 weeks later...