John's birthday

John has said that he would rather someone make a CMN donation rather than send him anything for his birthday. If you are going to send something to John however he wants you to send it to the following address as he is clearing out his house anticipating a move. It will go to Scott Romine and Scott will deliver it to John on his next trip to John's house. Thanks.

Scott Romine

PO Box 44

Wrightsville, AR 72183

Phyllis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
John has said that he would rather someone make a CMN donation rather than send him anything for his birthday. If you are going to send something to John however he wants you to send it to the following address as he is clearing out his house anticipating a move. It will go to Scott Romine and Scott will deliver it to John on his next trip to John's house. Thanks.

Scott Romine

PO Box 44

Wrightsville' date=' AR 72183

Phyllis[/quote']

I talked to John about his house. He said the kids were all big now going to college, and it's just too much house and land for him and Ellie. If you never saw his house, that's too back. CMT did CRIBS and showed him and his gorgeous mansion. He used the house in "Mary Christmas" so we got to see a lot of the rooms and grounds.

Also, I've corresponded online with Scott Romine, a very nice person. Scott was shown in the DVD they made about restoring the General Lee. Pictures of Scott and family members are on the DVD that you can buy on John's website.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
John is going to be turning 52 on Easter Day. I guess this means we won't be going to the Boar's Nest to celebrate this year since it will be closed.

He can always pop over to the Irish Boar's Nest. Pubs here are shut tomorrow (Good Friday), but it's the only day other than Christmas day that they shut. Most will open as usual on Sunday.

Happy Birthday for Sunday, John.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Denver Pyle was born in 1920 so he was 59 when Dukes came out in 1979. John turns 57 on Sunday, meaning he is only two years away from that. It's hard to believe since John looks so young compared to Denver at that stage of his life. 

I always like to call Jesse an old ridge runner but I guess I should start to think about calling John that too. Since I'm 7 days younger than John I guess I'm allowed to call him old! Happy birthday John. There's nobody on this planet who would have played Bo any better.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

On Monday John will turn 59. 7 days later so will I. It's hard to believe we're the same age Denver Pyle was when Dukes came out. He did look older than 59. One more year in our 50s. After that we should probably start acting a little more grown up. But then again, one of my favorite sayings is: You're only young once but you can be immature forever. I suspect John would agree. Happy birthday Bo. You've brought millions of folks world-wide much joy!

• 11 months later...
On 4/6/2020 at 6:06 PM, RogerDuke said:

Wednesday is going to be a big one for Bo....60 years old!

One of his fans, yours truly, turns 60 just 7 days later. 

His Uncle Jesse turns 100 next month. 

Hey Bo, if you have time today after working on the farm, chasing women, fixing cars, running from the law, having donuts and beer at Cooter's garage, straightening the curves and flattening the hills, join us at the Boar's Nest for a buttermilk. 60 is kind of a big deal. Happy Birthday Cousin. 

• 11 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 9:25 AM, RogerDuke said:

Hey Bo, if you have time today after working on the farm, chasing women, fixing cars, running from the law, having donuts and beer at Cooter's garage, straightening the curves and flattening the hills, join us at the Boar's Nest for a buttermilk. 60 is kind of a big deal. Happy Birthday Cousin. 

It looks like Bo is going to have the first anniversary of his 60th birthday tomorrow. Happy birthday cousin. 

• 11 months later...

On Friday the youngest Duke becomes old enough to collect Social Security. Bo Duke turns 62. Some folks wait until they get older to collect SS because they get more money but I bet Bo will start now. When you consider the price of gas and the fact that the huge V8 in the General Lee needs so much of it, I'm sure he could use the extra cash. Happy birthday Bo. You're looking good. Meet us all at the Boar's Nest to celebrate. Hobie's buying the buttermilk. 

• 11 months later...