sorry for knocking the new movie to shreds !

dukefan

I'd go see it. And you could pay ME a million dollars...just for giggles. And then when the DVD's come out, I might just get two. (In case the first one wears out ya' know...)

Besides, if'n the original cast were to be in the movie, it'll wind up being too complicated. There's a big, long word for that...I forgot it though. Just got off of work so I'm braindead right now. Catch me tomorrow.

:roll:

I agree that they should have picked a better actors to play bo and luke. But I think all of us hardcore Dukes fans are just going to have to get over the fact that the two nut jobs are the new bo and luke. Of course they will never be as good as the original. Nothing ever is as good as the original. I am going to go to the DOH movie with an open mind putting aside my expectations. I just want the movie to be a good entertaining movie.

I'm gonna be honest; I know the Dukes movie was gonna suck no matter what. How can I say this? Simple...name any TV show turned movie that hasn't been a total camp nightmare. Hollywood is incapable of making a decent translation. Just look at the Honeymooners, for God's sake! Total carnage. However, with the cast they have I know it's gonna suck even more. I fully intend on seeing the movie, though, because I already know it's gonna blow going in and after years of seeing the General on the small screen I can't wait to see him on the big one, being that he's the main reason I'm into the Dukes at all.

• 2 months later...
Besides, if'n the original cast were to be in the movie, it'll wind up being too complicated. There's a big, long word for that...I forgot it though. Just got off of work so I'm braindead right now. Catch me tomorrow.

:roll:

To tell you the truth, I could write the whole original cast into a movie without making it confusing. I know that a lot of us DOH fan fic writers could come together and make one heck of a movie.

That is what will be wrong with this movie though. They don't know it like we do.

You could easily move the year up in this movie without destroying the whole set of standards set by the Dukes.

I could preserve everything from Enos right down to the very last word that would come out of Bo's mouth.

Honestly, it would be simple to make a movie out of this TV show. However, the writers that are in this are trying to improve something that doesn't need improving. That's what really gets me. If something works...if reruns are still as loved today as they were back then--you have got a hit.

To change it would mess it up royally.

I just watched the trailer and I wasn't impressed..if they wanted to stray from the shows' flavor they did that for sure...the movie may be funny and have better stunts, but I for one would rather watch the show then the movie any day...no one can copy the real cast... :)

It's like someone else playing Freddy Kruger..the cast gave a life to Bo, Luke etc...and you cannot copy that...certainly not Johnny Knocksville, Jessica Simpson or Seann William Scott...I liked the idea of Willie playing Uncle Jesse, but the rest of the cast they have could picked other actors for the roles...just my two cents :wink:

Just cause you drive the "General Lee" doesn't make you a Duke :wink:

I don't agree with ya.......

Judging from what has been shown on the DVD and the trailer , I think we Dukes fans are in for something good.

For the life of me , I don't understand all the Dukes fans getting on the movie. Sure we all love the original and nothing will ever compare to it. This a movie that will , according to cast and crew, keep the spirit of the original.

I am not knocking anybody's fanfic, which I love to read anyway, but it is too easy to say that anybody could have written a better version. What about the screenwriters? Maybe they have their own version that they were pleased with? Right now I am pretty sure sure no one knows the exact screenplay. We only know from the DVD and trailer and some word of mouth.

I say as a DOH fan give it a chance. What has anyone got to lose? Anyway we will all find out on August 5th anyway...

Darrell

I am still going to see it but a lot of TV turned movie sucked.

There are some exceptions

Thunderbirds, that worked out very well (Good movie to watch)

Charlie's Angels

I am sure there are others I can't think of but hey, If you can think of them, put them down.

I don't think they will capture the essence of the Dukes. Whether I am wrong or not will be proven in time. I still have the same opinion.

It isn't that the movie does look good...I don't know, it just seems like it is not the same show. No, I don't expect it to be exactly the same. I expect it to keep the values of the show we all fell in love with. I suppose that is just me.

I am still going to see it but a lot of TV turned movie sucked.

There are some exceptions

Thunderbirds, that worked out very well (Good movie to watch)

Charlie's Angels

I am sure there are others I can't think of but hey, If you can think of them, put them down.

I don't think they will capture the essence of the Dukes. Whether I am wrong or not will be proven in time. I still have the same opinion.

It isn't that the movie does look good...I don't know, it just seems like it is not the same show. No, I don't expect it to be exactly the same. I expect it to keep the values of the show we all fell in love with. I suppose that is just me.

Addam's Family and Addam's Family Values were great movies that captured the spirit of the TV shows.

Charlies Angels on the other hand I though STUNK big time. Thunderbirds was OK for a movie, but to think that came out of marionettes on the tV series just made me go HMMMM???

We will see August 5th about the Dukes. My opinion from day 1 has never changed. As a DOH fan, I am excited as all hell to see the movie. Might not have agreed on the casting at first, but it has to do with the chemistry of them together.

I still can't see why any DOH fan won't give this movie a chance. Like I have said over and over, nothing will ever compare to the cast and chemistry of the original. BUT this is a new version 25 years later and hopefully a good one.......

Darrell

I guess we all have our opinions.

That is a part of living in a free country.

I am a big Duke fan. I love the Dukes to death. I wouldn't be here if I didn't.

I will watch the movie. Don't get me wrong it will be at the top of my list of things to do. However, I can't say I will like it yet. I will tell you if I like it then.

From what I have seen of the trailer...it looks funny, just not like the Dukes of Hazzard.

That is my opinion

:wink::wink::wink:

Hey dukefan

Don't apologize you made some valid comments. I watched the trailer on one of those downloads sites and I can tell all of you right now I'm not going to see it.

I am now going to rant about a few jey characters please don’t try and stop me. If I offend some one with my comments well... go watch the original show then come back to this site and talk to me.

I mean come on Jessica Simpson as Daisy Duke come on there. Daisy to me at least was always a smart sexy character played beautifully by Catherine Bach. Now Jessica as sexy as she is she is, is about as smart as a bag full of wet hair, which means that I just insulted bags of wet hair everywhere. :D

Catherine Bell would be a dead ringer for Daisy hell she could have been Daisy’s stunt double. They should have really put more thought into who will play this character.

Well that and I HATE Jessica Simpson, Now all you who are Canadian like myself will agree on this one. We got a channel up here called Much Music I’m not sure how far into the USA it goes so let me explain my hatred. The “geniuses†at much run all these stupid shows morning night and noon. Now they did run a smart show called Smartass the ed the sock report. It was smart and funny...and had to go. But regardless they also run this stupid reality show called Newly weds staring Jessica Simpson and Nick Lache I believe is how its spelled. You can tune into Much anytime cause they run this show till the tape falls apart. Now I had the misfortune of watching one episode. In this episode Jessica admitted to the fact that she has never done a lick of house work she’s always had a maid or something come in. She let her husband go to the playboy mansion and made him promise not to look at any other girls. That is stupidity in it simplicity not looking at girls in the playboy mansion is like going to Nevada with the promise that you won’t gamble. I mean why go then.

Willy Nelson as Uncle Jessie. Now you know that poor old Denver Pyle must be spinning in his grave, god rest his soul. Now I know the man needs work and is trying very hard to get back into the whole media thing but Jesus was that ever the wrong role for him to try and fill. Denver Pyle played the duke patriarch as wise caring old man from what I saw on the trailer Wile is going to play him as kinda a silly guy. Now don’t get me wrong I am a pretty big Willy fan I still have a tape of his (yes I said tape) called Willy Nelsons greatest hit or soon will be. And honestly I can’t see him doing this roll.

Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg one word for that Smokey and the bandit that movie was... well actually I enjoyed that movie. So I’m torn on this one, in most of Burt’s movies he’s a smart ass wise cracking funny guy. I guess it will depend on peoples taste.

Bo and Luke duke the originals were great they set the characters up as...well Luke he was an ex army guy he fought in nam. Great, now how is that going to translate to the new movie. In a word it can’t. The younger crowd is going to look up and say “what’s this Vietnam thing there always talking about?†Okay I’m referring to younger people here. If they try and tie it in that would put Luke at... well old enough to know not to get in a stock car.

Now Bo was set up as a guy who cared about the ladies but could always be counted on in a pinch.

The actors in the movie MORONS REDNECKS or just plain idiots what ever you want to call em they just suck.

Now seeing the General back in action (Okay not the original 70s Dodge charger but hey come on that car would have been a rusted pile of metal by now.) This is a good thing not good enough for me to pay my $15 but still pretty cool.

Has anyone heard anything about the baiter and who will fill his shoes? I think they changed the person with the other movies that they have done but am unsure.

The Canadain dukefan

welcome. Ok your right it's not the same but if it was the same people would still grip about it. if they dont what to watch it then dont no ones putting a gun to there heads and telling them they have to. everyone has the right to say what they what but atlest give the movie a chanes before you condime it :roll:

I think that the Dukes of Hazzard has special meaning.

Cap has said to give the movie a chance.

Dukefan, I agree that some of the things people have been saying are harsh.

The Dukes of Hazzard is a very special part of TV history. People don't wanna see that ruined.

Personally, I just think they got their characters wrong.

Take the one that plays Luke Duke. When you look into his eyes do you see Luke? I don't, I see Enos Strait. The guy has a big lit up face. He would make a great Enos.

The Enos they have picked...well, I don't think he works for the movie.

Boss Hogg...well, he would have made a great crook. Look at his face. If they did an episode like "Million Dollar Sheriff" On screen, I would expect him to play Jason Steele.

Jessica Simpson...I don't know, I just don't see her as Daisy. However, she is the only one out of all of them that actually sounds southern which I think is funny.

I agree about the "Newly Weds".

My sister watched that show and said, "That woman is too dumb for Daisy." My sister doesn't care for the Dukes of Hazzard like I do and she agrees that she is too stupid.

I was just thrilled it wasn't Britney Spears.

Oh well I suppose it is the way it is.

As I said, I will still watch the movie. I will really pull it apart and judge it then. For now, these are just opinions by watching the trailer.

Even though it was awsome to see the general lee back in action,I am not impressed with the way the movie is pointing towards the dukes being total criminals and arse holes!

the dukes faught corrupt cops and justice system,this movie looks like the dukes just beg and look to get jailed and tagged as real ignorant criminals!

they could have made this movie more interesting by staying with the original story line with a little kick!

Daisy duke is passed as a sassy b**** like pamela anderson was in barbwire,hate to tell ya,but jessica ain't no pamela,and Daisy was never in anyways nears violent!

the trailer I saw promotes violence,and the only thing that might,and i say might save this movie,is the General Lee in action,heck they don't even sound southerners,no wheres nears that at all!

Yes I believe they could have done with out that. The Dukes have never done anything remotely criminal. Cept making shine but that was to win a contest for a cleaner fuel source.

Yes they should have at least tried to stay as close to the original script as possible.

That’s a sad thing they did to Daisy and all the other characters.

But that’s what you get when Hollywood starts rolling low on ideas, I mean they have to hit X amount of movies per year. Now this is a personal theory of mine. See when Hollywood starts running a little low they just go in and rehack another show. For example a movie is coming out called the honeymooners. This was sorta a funny show. So they rehacked it and made the cast all African Americans, now if the movie follows the show then Ralf will be actually beating on his wife because it’s a movie. Gee this is a new theory for a media outlet. It’s only been done on Jerry Springer, Jenny Jones, Maury and any other talk show on TV today.

I would be willing to give the movie a chance except that pervious experiences has taught me otherwise Hollywood has totally ruined many classic shows. For example the Beverly hillbillies’ great show quite funny at times Milburn Drysdale a money hungry guy. Hollywood got there tentacles on it and ruined the whole show for me.

But it’s not only old TV shows there are no morals in Hollywood where anything goes. They are making a movie called War of the Worlds an old radio show that brought mass panic to the American public who didn’t tune in at the start. Also they have remade a movie the most recent version of the movie is called Down to Earth I think. Chris Rock plays an up and coming comedian trying to get a spot on the last Amateur night at the Apollo. He gets killed and is sent up to heaven early well the angles up there decide okay we screwed up we’ll give you a body to life out the rest of your life.

This movie was made originally in the 70’s it was about a football player who was going to the big game and got killed to early. The end is still the same.

Oh well one good thing about this movie thing is that they will try and give a roll to one of the original cast like in the Beverly hillbillies movie.

People go in expecting a movie to be certain way and will leave either in a good mood or just hating the movie and that’s why I’m not going to the movie. I love the dukes of hazard as a kid I had a metal General Lee stock car. Nothing will make me go to the movie.

And what’s this about Britney Spears playing Daisy. OH that would be soooo wrong. :o I mean if they want a hooker/dumb girl why didn't they just ask Paris Hilton.

I hate the layout of the movie I hate the cast choices just everything about this movie is wrong. The Hollywood hacks have taken an American classic and twisted it all around so there’s nothing left of the original idea except the characters name. Which is the truly sad point to all of this :( But hey that’s Hollywood for ya, if ya can't come up with a new idea rip something off. I even hear that there is an A-team movie in the makes for sometime down the road. And also a Karla Homokia/Paul Bernardo movie...nothing is sacred anymore. :(

Yea Sad enough as it is once hollywood gets though with a tv series no network will carry said show or the show get canceled soon after the realese because Holly wood totaly screws the series over distorying what the loyal fans have always loved about the show. It happened to the Ghostbusters, teenage mutant ninja turtles (1980s) and many others. Sure the creators will try and resurect some thing close to what they had The real ghostbuster, or all the teenage mutant ninja turtle shows that have been on the air over the years. But fans will know it's not the same thing as the orignal as close as it maybe. I wounldn't be suprised if one of those hacks in hollywood tried to relase a show called "the new dukes of hazards." If the movie dose well and I guess thats the main reason why I ain't goin to the movie. As I have said I hate everything about the movie and I couldn't stand to see it again and again daily.

Which I suppose is the saddest thing of all cause I really like the dukes on CMT (Country Music Televison). So I'm asking that all true Duke fans out there don't go to the movie. Talk your friends out of going and have them take there freinds etc. Don't give those 80 point IQ dorks a reason to make a tv series basied on the movie.

Just look at the current movie thats out that bewitched thing just another example of hollywood deadbeats with nothing in em so they try and drag up an old show. I found the orignal bewitched on tv. Its on 1:30am monday-Friday on Prime. Sorry Yanks Canadians only. lol

Well then to the orignal Duke family and friends RIP. Maybe some time down the road some other channel will take you in. :(

I don't necessarily think that CMT is going to cancel the original show that's airing now if the movie does well. Not based on the attendence at DukesFest this year, I think CMT knows that it has a good thing going on.

As for Hollywood trying to make a "new" Dukes, yes, that is always a possibility, and it's always been a possibility. Certainly they may take a look at it if the movie does well...but I don't think that boycotting the movie is going to make a difference to the executives. A lot of people on this board have already said that they are not targeting their marketing to "fans" of the original, but to a new audience.

Plus, I'm sure that CMT will also be watching how the movie does at the box office and a boycott may jeopardize the run of the show as it is. If anyone personally wants to boycott the movie, that is certainly their choice, but I personally don't think that a large-scale boycott is going to make a huge difference in the scheme of things.

LS3

On the flip side of the CMT thing...If people want to boycott the movie, and personally I don't think it is that many, if will bring nothing but publicity to CMT and the original Dukes' People would want to tune in and see what all the fuss is about. At least that is what I think. Granted the new movie is targeting a younger audience , but like it has been said before the Dukes appeals to everyone.

As far as CMT canceling the Dukes - :lol: - From what has been mentioned in TV articles and in some magazines, CMT could not be happier with the Dukes. They have been a ratings hit for them in that time slot - 7:00pm.

To anyone that wants to boycott the movie that is your business. Just please stop knocking everything to do with the new movie. Nobody has seen it yet and the peconcieved b****in' & Gripin' that alot of people have are getting tiresome reading in every thread....

Why can't all DOH fans show a little enthusiasm instead of trashing it? I know we all had our opinions about everything to do with the new movie. We just might be surprised how it turns out.

....We will find out August 5th how the movie is when it opens....

Darrell

Oh really, well it’s interesting that you would bring this fact up lost. Not trying to sound sarcastic or nothing I just find it interesting See the live of a show is like any other product on the market. For all of you who don’t know the market life span are divided into 4 stages the introduction, growth, maturity and decline stages.

The same is true for television cept that it’s divided into 8 time spots it don’t matter which way you look at it to keep it simple I will lay it out so anyone can follow it. Which are: early morning (4-6am), Morning (6-8am), mid morning (9-1200), noon (1200-100pm_ afternoon (1-4pm) Primetime (5-9pm) evening (10pm-1200am) Infomercials/repeats (1-3am).

The first to are reserved for little kids show. Midmornings are the talk/game show circuit noon and afternoon are soap opera times, Prime time is when the networks show there best stuff, evenings are when like everyone else start to wind down and the infomercials/repeats are just the dead air time.

Now the Dukes have two spots on this chart they held the evenings and repeats sections. But CMT has started to show more and more of the show, I believe it’s called CMT Central. The show where they show 3 country music stars and the audience gets to vote on who they think is best. I’m sorry I don’t listen to country music I don’t waste my time with channels like much music or anything like that. Music to me has just gotten WAY to weird so I just stopped listening. I got Q107 on my radio only because they play music I can stand. CMT still has dukes on TV but its way out in no mans land a.k.a repeats time zone listed above.

Now it’s pretty clear that I watch way too much TV during my day. But this has lead me to the following theory: A show can start out any where on the list they can start off in early morning move to...whatever. But once that show is solely in no mans land it’s pretty much over. The network is trying to push it out of the way so people will not notice. CMT will still play the Dukes at 10 for a few more months. They have already started to phase it out though.

Okay the dukesfest will influence the decision a little. But if you’re a network executive and you see that there is a movie based on a TV show that is on your channel. If more people go to the movie than are at the festival and the movie gets some bad reviews. Then that tells me (anyway) that the show might be turning stale and it’s time to phase it out. Now I’m not a TV exec I just watch way too much of it.

No it’s more than just a possibility unfortunately the "new" dukes is a fact. Just look at another show that just recently came out the new Battlestar Gallactica series. It started out as a 4 part mini series all new characters the space battles were WAY better than the original series. A lot of people didn’t like it but it did well on the nelson ratings so they made a show out of it. So if people boycott the movie than that will show Hollywood that the real fans don’t want a new duke’s series.

Now this situation is sorta a catch 22 and I bet that CMT will be watching the numbers. I know that there are some people out there who don’t want the movie to do well but at the same time they want to see it just because of the general lee or what ever there reason maybe. The only thing that I could suggest is a downloaded version of the movie of off the net. There are lots of video pirates out there making copies of movies off of the big screen. Downloading movies is wrong; you don’t get the sound or the image or nothing.

As I have said previously I love the dukes. I don’t want to see them go anywhere but I also know a great deal about television and how it works so I can see how a show will turn out.

Yes the movie is targeting a younger audience but it is giving the wrong idea of what the Dukes stood for. The original dukes where fighting for the little guy against the establishment or what ever you want to call boss Hogg and his plans to make money. The new dukes are looking like they are always getting into trouble and acting like a group of a-holes who are just looking to get into trouble.

Okay so if it’s such a “hit†then why are they showing more and more of the show CMT central during the week.

While it’s true the movie has not come out yet I can see why people are “b****in†& “gripin†over the new movie. People have seen the previews on the internet and have made a call based on the original series and how the movie compares that’s why people are trashing it. They don’t have to wait until a date to know a stinker when they see it. Look I don’t care what time it is Uncle Jessie would never dress as a hippie. Look at Willie Nelson and his hair he’s going to use that same hair in the movie. Maybe if the producers made him get a hair cut then some of the thoughts might be different.

If people are tired of reading other peoples thoughts on a movie or idea maybe they should stop reading all the comments on the internet and go back in time to before the internet was created.