sorry for knocking the new movie to shreds !

dukefan

lol yea I think thats what everone thinks about them :) those two are jackasses the one playong dasiy is a ditsy blond. Uncle Jessie...willy nelson love his music but he looks like a hippy. I can't buy Burt Renolds as boss hog. Hey I think I found a consistency error in the new movie... lol well maybe not but here it is anyway. Boss Hog is dead that was estabilished in one of the first few movies I can't remember what the title is...but anyway it begs the question so how can Burt be playing a dead character.

Maybe Burt should focus on doing his up and coming Smokey and the Bandit 4 movie

lol yea I think thats what everone thinks about them :) those two are jackasses the one playong dasiy is a ditsy blond. Uncle Jessie...willy nelson love his music but he looks like a hippy. I can't buy Burt Renolds as boss hog. Hey I think I found a consistency error in the new movie... lol well maybe not but here it is anyway. Boss Hog is dead that was estabilished in one of the first few movies I can't remember what the title is...but anyway it begs the question so how can Burt be playing a dead character.

Maybe Burt should focus on doing his up and coming Smokey and the Bandit 4 movie

Well folks here it is 2 days before the "big event" heres what roger ebert says about the movie in his preveiw of the up and coming disaster.

Some people seem to remember seeing the "Dukes of Hazzard" TV show that ran from 1979 to 1985, while others do not. How will this affect the prospects for the feature film version (which follows a 1997 TV reunion special, "The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion!," and a 2000 TV reunion special, "The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood," and a 2004 video game for PlayStation2 and X-Box called "The Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee") and several other merchandising opportunities? Will fans of the original show be eager to see the re-cast film version that Cooter (actor Ben Jones) from the series finds so raunchy that he has organized a boycott of the film (see www.cootersplace.com): "Don't go unless they clean it up!"? Will such longtime viewers accept Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott and Jessica Simpson as Luke, Bo and Daisy Duke -- roles created by Tom Wopat, John Schneider, and Catherine Bach, respectively? Will others who don't even know what "The Dukes of Hazzard" is be tempted to go to a film by that name? Some of those questions will be answered, and others will be asked and answered or not answered, when the movie opens July 31. (Jim Emerson)

Well folks here it is 2 days before the "big event" heres what roger ebert says about the movie in his preveiw of the up and coming disaster.

Some people seem to remember seeing the "Dukes of Hazzard" TV show that ran from 1979 to 1985, while others do not. How will this affect the prospects for the feature film version (which follows a 1997 TV reunion special, "The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion!," and a 2000 TV reunion special, "The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood," and a 2004 video game for PlayStation2 and X-Box called "The Dukes of Hazzard: Return of the General Lee") and several other merchandising opportunities? Will fans of the original show be eager to see the re-cast film version that Cooter (actor Ben Jones) from the series finds so raunchy that he has organized a boycott of the film (see www.cootersplace.com): "Don't go unless they clean it up!"? Will such longtime viewers accept Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott and Jessica Simpson as Luke, Bo and Daisy Duke -- roles created by Tom Wopat, John Schneider, and Catherine Bach, respectively? Will others who don't even know what "The Dukes of Hazzard" is be tempted to go to a film by that name? Some of those questions will be answered, and others will be asked and answered or not answered, when the movie opens July 31. (Jim Emerson)

Best thing to do .........GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF......

The movie porbably won't be a critics favorite. But it probably will be one heck of a moneymaker.

I have said over and over to give this movie a chance . Go see it with an open mind as a different take on our beloved show . I really didn't expect the characters to be exactly the same as in the TV show, which some of ya'll seem to want. This is someone else's interpretation of the Dukes, not ours. This is the same discussion that has been going on since the movie was starting to be filmed.

Many of you on here came aboard because of the movie and expressed your opinions about it. How many of you will still be around after the movie comes out and it dies down ? That remains to be seen. Right now the DOH is at it's most popular with everything going on - movie, specials, CMT airing the show, DVD's, etc...

The movie opens tomorrow. Who knows I might not like it at all. But then again I might. I have been waiting to see it for myself. .

I'm gone

Darrell

Best thing to do .........GO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF......

The movie porbably won't be a critics favorite. But it probably will be one heck of a moneymaker.

I have said over and over to give this movie a chance . Go see it with an open mind as a different take on our beloved show . I really didn't expect the characters to be exactly the same as in the TV show, which some of ya'll seem to want. This is someone else's interpretation of the Dukes, not ours. This is the same discussion that has been going on since the movie was starting to be filmed.

Many of you on here came aboard because of the movie and expressed your opinions about it. How many of you will still be around after the movie comes out and it dies down ? That remains to be seen. Right now the DOH is at it's most popular with everything going on - movie, specials, CMT airing the show, DVD's, etc...

The movie opens tomorrow. Who knows I might not like it at all. But then again I might. I have been waiting to see it for myself. .

I'm gone

Darrell

Darrell,

I agree with you completely, everyone should develop their own opinion AFTER seeing the movie. From what I read on this forum, John Schneider already had a plate of crow and complimented the new cast on a great job capturing the spirit of the show. I won't be able to see the movie tomorrow because I will be working, but I intend to be there Saturday night. It is being shown at the Badin Road Drive-In as well as the new theater in town, so I just have to decide whether I want to see it sitting in a cramped theater seat or a nice, plush, air-conditioned Lincoln seat.

Bubba

Darrell,

I agree with you completely, everyone should develop their own opinion AFTER seeing the movie. From what I read on this forum, John Schneider already had a plate of crow and complimented the new cast on a great job capturing the spirit of the show. I won't be able to see the movie tomorrow because I will be working, but I intend to be there Saturday night. It is being shown at the Badin Road Drive-In as well as the new theater in town, so I just have to decide whether I want to see it sitting in a cramped theater seat or a nice, plush, air-conditioned Lincoln seat.

Bubba

Yea sure I got the site right here http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

Of course it won't be a crtic favorite that much is given. But Roger Ebert is a wise man who knows his stuff. Me persoally I'll read what a critic has to say on certain matters (not all just on entertainment). I'd rather save my money for stuff thats more important like white wash lol.

But hey whatever you want to go out and see the movie that is your right me I'll save my money for the next movie to come out of Hollywood.