Leslie Nielsen RIP

waikiki23

I was going to start this thread myself, but waikiki beat me to it (news hadn't broken when I went to bed last night).

Leslie was responsible for delivering some of the funniest lines in TV/movie history:

All-time classic from Airplane

I also saw him just last week in a re-run of M*A*S*H. He played the over-zealous Col. Buzz Brighton in The Ringbanger (S1E16). Even though his was a fairly straight part, you could still see some of the trademark facial expressions that we all came to know and love.

RIP Leslie.

Leslie was responsible for delivering some of the funniest lines in TV/movie history:

I also saw him just last week in a re-run of M*A*S*H. He played the over-zealous Col. Buzz Brighton in The Ringbanger (S1E16). Even though his was a fairly straight part, you could still see some of the trademark facial expressions that we all came to know and love.

RIP Leslie.

I love that episode of M*A*S*H! I also loved the movies Spy Hard and Wrongfully Accused. Spy Hard is so funny! I just watched Wrongfully Accused the other day and laughed til it hurt!

From Airplane!, my favorite was when he would say, "I'm not joking. And don't call me Shirley!" That is my most favorite line he would say!

It's such a shame they only made 6 episodes of Police Squad. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen them, and they're still funny.

I just remebered another of my favorite lines from the first episode:

"There'd been a recent wave of gorgeous fashion models found naked and unconscious in laundromats on the west side. Unfortunately, I was assigned to investigate hold-ups at neighborhood credit unions."

Some more on Police Squad. I loved how they always had a guest star in the credits who never showed up in the actual show and how the episode title the narrator said never matched the title credits. LOL. One of my favorite guest stars, Rex Hamilton as Abraham Lincoln. The bullet knocks his hat off and he turns around and fires back. ROFL. Pure comedy genius.

Leslie's serious and straight delivery of some of the most hilarious lines is what made it so funny. He had fantastic comedic instincts.

... the credits are hilarious!

I'd forgotten about the credits - it's always worth watching his movies right to the end. Here's some from one of the Naked Gun movies:

Worst Boy: Adolf Hitler

General Foreman ...... John Hoskins

Foremen ................. Guy A. MacLaury

............................. Joseph Santre

............................. Bernard McPherson

............................. Michael Bunch

George Foreman ....... 6'4" 250 lbs. Age: 42 Won: 60 Lost: 3 KO's:65

Production Painters ..... Nick Bridwell

................................ Donnie R. Puga

Impressionist Painters .. Vincent Van Gogh

................................ Edgar "Skip" Degas

Driver Captain ......... Ray McLaughlin

Co-Captain ............. Dan Brooks

Navigator ............... Rabbi Brian Thau

Bombardier ............. Alan Ladwig

Deep Sea Drivers ..... Steve Brodsky

............................ Jimmy Ferrara

............................ Wayne Campbell

............................ Gina August

Stock Librarian ........ Suzy Lafer

Stock Answer ......... "I'll have it ready in the morning"

I loved Airplane and the Naked Gun movies. I have Police Squad on DVD but havn't watched any of it yet. LOL

He was also in an episode of Columbo that surprised me to see him in a serious role (I was used to the likes of Airplane and Naked Gun).

Another huge talent lost this year. Another that will be missed.

I loved Airplane and the Naked Gun movies. I have Police Squad on DVD but havn't watched any of it yet. LOL

He was also in an episode of Columbo that surprised me to see him in a serious role (I was used to the likes of Airplane and Naked Gun).

Another huge talent lost this year. Another that will be missed.

If you haven't seen Spy Hard and Wrongfully Accused, you need to watch them! They are hilarious!

I saw Spy Hard a while ago, though I'd have to watch it again to refresh my memory. The theme song, however, is very memorable... by Weird Al.

Yeah, that song is hilarious! I loved Spy Hard. I watched it at my brother's house. A friend of mine had me watch Wrongfully Accused just last week. I couldn't breath I was laughing so hard!

They just don't make movies like they did.