Daisy's Jeep

HossC

This one seems to have taken ages. It's my own fault for starting 2 projects at once :).

It proved very hard getting good reference photos for this one because hardly any Jeep owners seem to keep their vehicles standard. I've tried to make it a stock CJ-7. Dixie kept changing, and trim such as wipers and mirrors disappear and reappear between shots. I've gone for a manual transmission version. I based the 'DIXIE' hood graphics on the Jeep at Cooter's because the photos I found online were much higher resolution than any screengrabs I could get - they are slightly different from the series (I think the Jeep at Cooter's is a CJ-5, not a CJ-7 - any Jeep experts can correct me if I'm wrong). The Jeep emblems have been left in place as that's how they appeared in earlier shows.

Jeep_Dixie1.jpg

Jeep_Dixie2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Awsome job! Well done!

By the way, just wondered if anyone else has noticed when exactly it was Dixie lost her doors and why - show explanation wise. In one of the shows where the boys were fighting - Carnival of Thrills I think though I might be wrong- and both boys are in the jail, Bo gets his bail posted by someone else. However Jesse and Daisy go to the jail intending to get them both out. When Daisy gets out the jeep, the doors are missing then and she says "Sorry I had t'borrow on ya Dixie, but its for a good cause!"

Was just something interesting I noticed a while back and wondered if anyone else had spotted the same or wondered what the heck she was talking about LOL

Awsome job! Well done!

By the way, just wondered if anyone else has noticed when exactly it was Dixie lost her doors and why - show explanation wise. In one of the shows where the boys were fighting - Carnival of Thrills I think though I might be wrong- and both boys are in the jail, Bo gets his bail posted by someone else. However Jesse and Daisy go to the jail intending to get them both out. When Daisy gets out the jeep, the doors are missing then and she says "Sorry I had t'borrow on ya Dixie, but its for a good cause!"

Was just something interesting I noticed a while back and wondered if anyone else had spotted the same or wondered what the heck she was talking about LOL

Thanks BoJames, and thanks for posing a question I couldn't answer. Here's the line you mention from 'Carnival of Thrills':

Jeep_Carnival.jpg

The doors are obviously gone, and the Jeep logo has been taped over. Dixie definitely has doors when Daisy receives her in 'The Runaway':

Jeep_Runaway.jpg

I think this is the only episode that 'golden eagle' appears on the hood. By 'Treasure of Hazzard County' the 'Dixie' name appears on the hood and doors (couldn't get a clear screengrab, but you can see if you watch it). I don't think Dixie appears in 'Follow That Still', 'Officer Daisy Duke', or 'Return of The Ridge Raiders', but I only skipped through them today, so I may be wrong. Daisy's Roadrunner reappears in 'Find Loretta Lynn', and Cooter's Roadrunner is used by Daisy in 'Jude Emery'. However, Dixie is used in the chase at the end of 'Mason Dixon's Girls', and this is the first episode that I spotted the doors missing:

Jeep_MasonDixon.jpg

Maybe Daisy just borrowed Luke's bail money against Dixie's value in 'Carnival of Thrills'.

I don't recall there being any explanation in the show as to why the doors were taken off Dixie. The only other episode I can think of where we see the doors is the one with the lady car strippers (the title escapes me at the moment). Cooter and Daisy dress up and borrow Cooter's cousin's limo to use as bait. After the radiator is shot and Cooter and Daisy walk off from the car ("Sorry about that sweetie pie!" "It's okay sugar!" ROFL). They watch with the boys as the girls strip the car and then take off in their Jeeps. Daisy's Jeep is ready and waiting....with the doors still on it. She drives and they nearly go off a cliff. (!)

After that, I don't recall seeing the doors again. And no explanation as to why. LOL And we never saw the Jeep with a hard or soft top on it either (have to wonder if Daisy had one. Otherwise, she musta parked in the barn on a rainy day. LOL)

I believe that was "Arrest Jesse Duke"

One of the many reasons I love this website so much is because things are pointed out that I never noticed and this door thing sure is one of them. I never even noticed it or thought about it.

Thanks BoJames for pointing it out.

Thanks Hoss for everything you do.

By the way, that's a pretty bad Uncle Jesse wig on that stunt man's head. Couldn't they have found something whiter?

I believe that was "Arrest Jesse Duke"

One of the many reasons I love this website so much is because things are pointed out that I never noticed and this door thing sure is one of them. I never even noticed it or thought about it.

Thanks BoJames for pointing it out.

Thanks Hoss for everything you do.

By the way, that's a pretty bad Uncle Jesse wig on that stunt man's head. Couldn't they have found something whiter?

I believe Bob Aaron was Uncle Jesse's stand-in on occasion. At least, that's what I recall him telling me. He was also Beemer in High Flyin' Dukes.

• 1 month later...

I finally got 'round to watching 'Arrest Jesse Duke' again, and MaryAnne and Roger were right about the doors. It also means I was wrong about 'The Runaway' being the only episode with the Golden Eagle decals on the hood, they're here too (the Jeep logos haven't been covered up yet either). Initially I didn't watch this episode when I was answering BoJames's question because it's 2 episodes before Daisy was given the Jeep - I guess it balances out the Road Runner appearing a couple of episodes after it was destroyed :).

Jeep_ArrestJesse.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've finally given in to the voice in my head that was telling me I should have done the 'DIXIE' decals properly, instead of copying the one that's at Cooter's. I've also done a version as it appeared in 'The Runaway'. In the pictures I had the wheels looked more copper colored, so I have adjusted them accordingly. The word 'DIXIE' was also in a copper color, rather than the black that was used later on the hood. All it needs now is a yellow bow :).

Jeep_Dixie3.jpg

• 10 months later...