It's a little early, but...

Brian Coltrane

What's on your Christmas list for Dukes of Hazzard stuff this year?

I'm thinkin' optimistic, with the show back on CMT, that we're gonna see new stuff from Johnny LIghtning / ERTL, and some more model kits. I mean, you can't have too many General Lee toys, can you? Of course not.

Since ya nevah know when Santa is listening, I'll list the thing I'm after.

A couple years ago there was a new Dukes slot racing set and I missed out on it. I gotta find one of those.

I also never got the Dukes video games - can you even believe it? I don't have a PS2 or whatever, but it's killin 'me that I don't have those games.

And if we know what people are looking for, we can help scout around and see what's out there, tell you where to find it, and how much. One of the retail stores I've seen come through every time with some kinda Dukes toys for the holidays, is TSC. ( Tractor Supply Company.) For those of you living near one of those, or a Farm & Fleet store, it's worth checking the shelves before the end of October. The toy departments usually set up by mid-month.

Now then, if you've been good this year, leave your Dukes list for Santa.

If you've been naughty, leave your list for Nasty the Reindeer.

well there's a few things I really want that I know I probably won't get but you never know.

Season six which granted I will probably get

The MPC Cooter's tow truck model, all the ones I've found online are over $100 and if it costs that much I ain't taking it out of the box

and there was this rc race car set at Hobby Lobby near where I live but again $150 yeah right.

It's nice to dream though.

Roger you wouldn't believe what I just saw at the end of last week. I walked into a local Family Dollar and I saw Halloween decorations spilling out onto the floor. Right next to that they had just cleaned out an area and they were putting Christmas stuff out. Their goal is to have everything up by the end of September the way it looks right now. I could hardly believe my eyes....as far as gifts go, I only want one thing:

James Best's book Best in Hollywood.

well there's a few things I really want that I know I probably won't get but you never know.

Season six which granted I will probably get

The MPC Cooter's tow truck model, all the ones I've found online are over $100 and if it costs that much I ain't taking it out of the box

and there was this rc race car set at Hobby Lobby near where I live but again $150 yeah right.

It's nice to dream though.

I'm gonna halfta check out Hobby Lobby. I haven't bought any Dukes stuff in a long time, so there's pent-up demand here.

And when I catch up on stuff around here, I'll have links to the Dukes books out there ( you might be surprised how many there are ) and to toys that can be bought online. Mufn is the actual tech person who can make the 2010 Dukes o' Hazzard Christmas Loot Book all nice and organized. Meantime though, I'll keep gathering up info.

I think it's gonna be a great Christmas for Dukes fans this year.

• 2 weeks later...
Long time, no see, Val. Yeah, another Dukesfest would be nice. Depends on how the Hazzard winds blow...

If CMT will help sponsor it, there's a chance. Though knowing the amout of work and expense it takes to set the gig up and run it, I'm not sure Ben is looking to take it on again. I know John reportedly lost his shirt on the last one. ( he lost his shirt in the episodes a lot too, but this was different.)

Long time, no see, Val. Yeah, another Dukesfest would be nice. Depends on how the Hazzard winds blow...

Good to see ya too MM! Just popped in from the woods and thought I'd say hello. Yes, I hope the wind blows favorable for a Dukesfest. I have found a fellow fan that would love to go with me to another one. It would be my third if I went to another. I would love to see it become an event again, but you never know and like Brian talked about the 'loosing of shirts' if the wind blows too cold, one may never happen again.

Ah well, at least memories were made but that's top on my wish list for me, is two tickets from Santa in my stocking for Dukesfest ya see! ;)

If CMT will help sponsor it, there's a chance. Though knowing the amout of work and expense it takes to set the gig up and run it, I'm not sure Ben is looking to take it on again. I know John reportedly lost his shirt on the last one. ( he lost his shirt in the episodes a lot too, but this was different.)

Sorry to hear about John's missing attire! It would be nice if CMT sponsored. It might help the show ratings and they could even do ex-pos-zays on the festivities. Who knows, if I was the marketing people at CMT, I'd even ask other sponsors like Carhart, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, and Chrysler/Dodge to go in on the expense because those folks do seem to cater to the 'Duke demographic'.

Howdy Val,

It'd be great to have another Dukesfest!

For now, simple list of Santa or Nasty to leave mistletoe for the Hnet couple I saw smooching by the Dukesfest 2006 shuttle bus that Sunday afternoon. They were so cute!

What I need for Christmas is a translator so I know what yer talkin' about, Daney.

Meantime, I've got a feeling that Nasty the Reindeer is paying attention to the wish list. Maybe we should do a "Letters to Nasty" thang when we get closer to the holidays, so the bad kids have somewhere to send their loot list.

Meantime, I've got a feeling that Nasty the Reindeer is paying attention to the wish list. Maybe we should do a "Letters to Nasty" thang when we get closer to the holidays, so the bad kids have somewhere to send their loot list.

Oooooo! Ooo! I want to write a letter to Nasty! That'd be awesome. You so need a section for that. Letters to Nasty - on the forum. That'd be great! Then all the bad kids get coal and goodie bag! Great idea Brian!

Oooooo! Ooo! I want to write a letter to Nasty! That'd be awesome. You so need a section for that. Letters to Nasty - on the forum. That'd be great! Then all the bad kids get coal and goodie bag! Great idea Brian!

You can't write a letter to Nasty the Reindeer, you're one of the good kids. Nasty is for the naughty, not the nice!

Brian, I think you need to adjust your glasses. That last post came from Val. Who did you think it was from?

I think Roger has figured me out, kind of....

See, I'm the chocolate covered malted milk ball in the bowl of raisinets! Or one of the sweet and sour patch kids, first sour then sweet! Tee hee!

So if I'm one of the 'good kids', do I just write to Santa then or to Jezebel the Christmas cow that gives milk duds to all the good boys and girls on holidays and blesses them with sweet eggnog to drink before they lay out cookies for Santa and lay down their sweet heads to get visions of sugar plums!

Plus... What does that make Doc?

I think Roger has figured me out, kind of....

See, I'm the chocolate covered malted milk ball in the bowl of raisinets! Or one of the sweet and sour patch kids, first sour then sweet! Tee hee!

So if I'm one of the 'good kids', do I just write to Santa then or to Jezebel the Christmas cow that gives milk duds to all the good boys and girls on holidays and blesses them with sweet eggnog to drink before they lay out cookies for Santa and lay down their sweet heads to get visions of sugar plums!

Plus... What does that make Doc?

I dunno what that makes Doc, but I think my blood sugar level just shot over 200 reading all that sweet stuff. Eggnog, cookies, sugar plums! Raisinets! GAAAHH!!

It's pretty obvious I can't write to Nasty, since I have this image to maintain and all...

Guess we can forget about that open fire for roasting those chestnuts...

Seems like my nuts are always in the fire.

So I might as well add that you can write Nasty the Reindeer, MaryAnne. You're on the naughty list. Looks like you got a transfer from Santa. Might be an administrative mix-up, but I dunno, looks legit to me.

Val, you need to ease back on the sugar. You're gettin' those hallucinations again. ( Roger, how do you hang around this girl without getting the sugar jitters by proximity alone?)

As for you, Doc....Nasty could have an assistant, but with an outfit like that, Christmas would come early.