Signs of Hazzard

HossC

make the one with the can't man, would be nice to have it as well.

Here's the bank sign after Boss got to the paint:

BankOfHogg2.jpg

And for Brian, some more background signs from The Boar's Nest:

CutlerySign.jpg

This one normally appears over the main door.

OneWaySign.jpg

Finally a sign that uses a standard typeface - in this case Helvetica.

DoNotSitSign.jpg

There's a few more I'd like to do, but I'm just waiting to get a good screengrab of them. If anyone has a request, just let me know, although I make no promises!.

btw dont forget i told ya i need the re elect boss hogg poster from peoples choice

This wasn't as easy one to grab as Rosco blocks part of it most of the time. As with the re-elect Rosco posters I've used a photo that's similar, but not quite the same as the one that appeared in the episode because I couldn't find the correct one anywhere. The thin border was added because the photo was lighter at the bottom and blending into the background. I love the quote at the bottom :).

ReelectBossPoster.jpg

From 'Southern Comfurts' is the sign for Billy Jo Bob's Used Cars. The 'Billy Jo Bob's' text was painted quite nicely, but the 'Used Cars' was very rough. I've tried to give it a weather-beaten look.

BillyJoBobs.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
And the logo The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning?

You can make the new logo?

The logo for the 2005 movie added a 'Z' to the swoosh under the text. Although a colored logo appeared on the DVD and posters, some of the online publicity pictures had either the General or one of the cast members in front of a plain gray logo like this:

DukesMovieLogo.jpg

'The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning' movie used the color logo with a license plate jammed into it. I didn't do this one from scratch, I just remade the lower left corner that was obscured by a head, masked out the original background, and added the cloud background.

DukesBeginningLogo.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I tried sending you a private message...but I just can't figure it out... or it won't let me because I joined just to contact you about this image that you made. lol. Below is the email in which I tried to send:

I wanted to have a vinyl banner made that says boars nest on it because we are theming my son's 1st birthday Dukes of Hazzard. Putting in a DOH Dvd is the ONLY way to calm this boy down and make him go from screaming to giggling and happy in about 30 seconds. Unfortunately, there is NOTHING out there for a DOH Birthday party. I'm in the process of making everything (banners, decorations etc) for his party (which isn't until August).

This is where you come in. You uploaded that amazing Boars Nest sign image and I was wondering if I could have permission to use it and if you could possibly email me the image? (If I try to save the image from the internet, it will be too low resolution). I could pay you something if you would like.

Please let me know.

Much thanks for your time,

-Jessica

I've recreated a couple of signs from around Hazzard, and will post them as they get finished. Most of the signs on the show were hand-painted, so I'm just getting as close as I can with existing fonts.

I've posted the Boars Nest sign in another thread, but I've now added the signs from the walls as well.

BoarsNest2.jpg

For those of you wondering about the 'GOOD EATS' sign, it was only on the original Georgia Boars Nest, and did not make the move to California. Below are pictures of both to confirm this.

GoodEats.jpg

GoodEats2.jpg

• 1 month later...
What are the Font names used in the dukes of hazzard dvd coverlogo or the one that you used.

Thanks

Welcome to HNet Hazzarddowner. The font used in the main titles of Dukes is called Hobo - there's a link to a download in this thread. The other logos (the one you reposted and the one with the black background) are both drawn from scratch and therefore not based on a particular typeface. You might find something vaguely similar, but I wouldn't waste your time looking too hard . Most of the other signs I've done here are the same - hand-painted originals that have no font matches.

It's been ages since I've added anything new to this thread, and this is a sign that I've been planning to do for a while. I'll make it a late tribute to stuntman Al Wyatt Jr.

ColJacksonsPies.jpg

Here's Al in a rare on-screen appearance as the unfortunate bakery delivery driver in 'Cletus Falls in Love'.

ColJacksonsAlWyatt.jpg

I'm going a bit off-topic here with a sign inspired by Dukes rather than from Dukes.

Y'all may be familiar with the Second World War propaganda posters produced by the British government in 1939 with the purpose of raising morale in the event of invasion:

KeepCalm.jpg

They have been reproduced and parodied on everything from mugs to phone covers since being rediscovered in a second-hand book store in England in 2000. It wasn't until this week when I saw

and a question on HNet about the theme song from the Reunion! movie that I had this idea for a crossover:

KeepinCalm.jpg

Haha nice one Hoss! I've seen a lot of those posters recently, a group of past pupils from my school set up a Facebook page to support our rugby team. It's called "Keep Calm You're a Budgie". Nobody's quite sure what it means but it's become a really common phrase in my school now. They're even selling tshirts with the slogan on them

d722e29b.jpg

They're the latest trend in my school,it seems everyone is wearing one under their shirt

• 4 weeks later...

I was flicking through 'Coy vs. Vance' the other day when I remembered to do some screengrabs of the Baxley Sisters' van. Here's my version of the sign on the side. It looks like the motorbikes were done by the same person who did them on the Carnival of Thrills poster - they're similar, but not the same (that would make things too easy :)). The color choices seems a bit strange; blue and green used to be a frowned upon combination and the red and blue stripes are much darker than the red and blue in the logo.

BaxleySisters.jpg

I'm going a bit off-topic here with a sign inspired by Dukes rather than from Dukes.

Y'all may be familiar with the Second World War propaganda posters produced by the British government in 1939 with the purpose of raising morale in the event of invasion:

KeepCalm.jpg

They have been reproduced and parodied on everything from mugs to phone covers since being rediscovered in a second-hand book store in England in 2000. It wasn't until this week when I saw

and a question on HNet about the theme song from the Reunion! movie that I had this idea for a crossover:

KeepinCalm.jpg

I am a little late in sayin this but I love it. I use it as my wallpaper for my phone. And I smile every time I see it. You are great.:D

• 2 months later...

Monday's Facebook picture of Ace's used car lot reminded me how clean my original version of the sign was. Ace's cars may have been clean, but his sign wasn't. Here's an updated version with more realistic colors. I replaced the larger text with more accurate outlines instead of using the closest match font.

AcesUsedCarsNew.jpg

While I was reorganizing my artwork folder I realized I'd done another couple of signs that I'd never posted. First is the banner from the Drag 'n Fly contest in 'Goodbye, General Lee'.

DragnFlyBanner.jpg

And here's three of the logos that appear on the race suits.

DragnFlyLogos.jpg