Signs of Hazzard

HossC

• 2 weeks later...

No prizes for guessing which episode this one is from :). I'll have to assume that the originals were all hand done because there are small variations between the ones used. The poster also uses several different typefaces, none of which seem to match typefaces I have, so I had to do them all from scratch!. There is even a significant difference between letters in the same block. Compare the 'N' in ACTION with the 'N' in DANGER for example. I've tried to reproduce all these details as accurately as possible. The only 'cheat' was the picture of Diane at the top which was tweaked from a screengrab.

Carnival1.jpgCarnival2.jpg

The following picture was on top of the poster in Boss's office when he thought he'd be acquiring the stunt show. This one is just a screengrab with the background painted out. I thought I'd include it because I'd never noticed the little cartoon Boss:

Carnival3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Have you ever tried any of the Hogg product logos? There were "Hoggoco" gasoline pumps at Cooter's in at least one episode. Also, Boss came up with oddball products once in awhile, but I can't remember if I saw sample products in any eps.

I've done the 'Hoggoco' logo - the only place I've used it so far is my Dukes NASCAR. I'll have to do a larger version for this thread. As for JD's other products, I'll look into doing some of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of signs from near the start of 'Return of the Ridge Raiders' in season 2.

PlaypenSign.jpg

These were not such politically correct times. I wonder how long a poster like this would last today. I originally started this one ages ago, but couldn't find fonts that looked anything like these. In the end I did the whole lot from scratch. I wish they hadn't hand-drawn most of the signage on Dukes - it would make my job a lot easier :).

PrettyPiggySign.jpg