NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

You probably haven't been this excited since the Bears beat the Steelers....or the Cubs beat the Pirates. 

Soooooo true!!!!! My online friend who likes NASCAR made a comment about how all this probably hurt him more. And I responded, that I'm not so sure about that! LOL.  It was definitely not the same without him. I heard that this injury is hard to come back from, so hopefully he wasn't in too much pain today during the race. I know Josh Berry was there on stand by. Sadly I missed it. My nephew thought watching T Rex camp or something like that was more important than NASCAR. I got some teaching to do it looks like...LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welp my Hendrick boys just can't catch a break this year. Alex Bowman, #48, has suffered a lower vertebrae fracture that he suffered during an accident in a race during the week. He is predicted to miss three to four weeks. Josh Berry will replace him in the number 48 car. Berry is the same driver who replaced Chase Elliott when he was out due to a leg injury earlier this year. 

7 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

3 to 4 weeks? That doesn't sound like much time. Must not be a severe fracture. 

Because the Chinese Grand Prix was cancelled, we've had a 4 week wait for an F1 race!

This weekend things get back to normal with the Azerbaijan Grand Prix from Baku. Due to there being a sprint race today (Saturday), qualifying was completed on Friday. In their first runs of the final session, Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc set identical lap times of 1:40.445. If these had stayed unchanged, Max would've taken pole as he set the time first, but Charles set a faster time on his last try to claim his third Baku pole in a row.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:31 PM, RogerDuke said:

Something like that wouldn't even slow Bo and Luke down. They'd just rub some salve on it and away they'd go. If they were smart, they wouldn't ask Jesse what the salve is made of. 

I seem to remember one time, it was made of Bear Grease! ( Whatever that is!)

On 5/2/2023 at 7:33 PM, Spike said:

I just threw up a little :crazy: 

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2023/05/02/legacy-mc-will-switch-to-toyota-in-2024-jimmie-johnson/ 

Never thought I'd see the day the #43 would be on a Toyota, or Jimmie Johnson aligning with Toyota. 

Well y'all can stop throwing dirt on Jimmie Johnson...throw it on Kyle Busch. :blink:

With that said...I totally agree with you all. I never thought I'd see a day where JJ would be in something other than Chevy. I have seen articles on it, but haven't brought myself to read it. Because...you know, reading it makes it true. I'd rather be the ostrich with my head in the sand when it comes to anything with my Hendrick boys (JJ will always be included in that list...LOL).  I don't get why he wants to change or to switch...probably never will. Maybe money has something to do with it. IDK. I do know that the current Chevrolet will stop making parts after (I think) next year. So there is talk about what they will drive after that...so maybe that has something to do with it. I've read articles where they are questioning whether Chevy will be in NASCAR after that. Which I can't see them NOT being in NASCAR, but maybe JJ knows something we don't know.

Don't be throwing JJ under the bus so soon...HA HA. 

And it's not just JJ...it's also Richard Petty. So why you not throwing dirt on him? Just poor JJ...LOL.

OK in all seriousness, I agree with you. But I have a hard time being negative about JJ...even if I am disappointed by his choice he has made. He's not perfect afterall.

Just super man. ;) 

Edited by Garrett Duke

59 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well y'all can stop throwing dirt on Jimmie Johnson...throw it on Kyle Busch. :blink:

With that said...I totally agree with you all. I never thought I'd see a day where JJ would be in something other than Chevy. I have seen articles on it, but haven't brought myself to read it. Because...you know, reading it makes it true. I'd rather be the ostrich with my head in the sand when it comes to anything with my Hendrick boys (JJ will always be included in that list...LOL).  I don't get why he wants to change or to switch...probably never will. Maybe money has something to do with it. IDK. I do know that the current Chevrolet will stop making parts after (I think) next year. So there is talk about what they will drive after that...so maybe that has something to do with it. I've read articles where they are questioning whether Chevy will be in NASCAR after that. Which I can't see them NOT being in NASCAR, but maybe JJ knows something we don't know.

Don't be throwing JJ under the bus so soon...HA HA. 

And it's not just JJ...it's also Richard Petty. So why you not throwing dirt on him? Just poor JJ...LOL.

OK in all seriousness, I agree with you. But I have a hard time being negative about JJ...even if I am disappointed by his choice he has made. He's not perfect afterall.

Just super man. ;) 

Richard Petty has no stake in the team anymore that's why it's called Legacy MotorClub Racing. Maury Gallagher bought out Petty's stake then sold it to Jimmie. Toyota must've threw a big number at them to switch from getting Hendrick motorsports stuff. 

22 hours ago, Spike said:

Richard Petty has no stake in the team anymore that's why it's called Legacy MotorClub Racing. Maury Gallagher bought out Petty's stake then sold it to Jimmie. Toyota must've threw a big number at them to switch from getting Hendrick motorsports stuff. 

I read that about Maury this morning as I was reading in on the change and realized that I got it wrong last night. I guess I didn't realize Petty stepped out all together. 

Guess he okayed it though. The move to Toyota, that is. They want to be competitive with Gibbs Racing. 

Edited by Garrett Duke

Well the race was at Kansas today and William Byron led the field...but the race was on FS1 so, I wasn't able to watch it. I do know that Denny Hamlin won the race. Ross Chastain did something to make Noah Gragson mad, because there was an altercation between the two. Will be interesting to see what NASCAR has to say about it on Tuesday. Below, I will list the link that show's their fight. Ross seems to be making a lot of people upset this season...someone said something that he may be the next Dale Earnhardt in that accord. I say drop the drama, and stick to racing. LOL. Sorry for the lack of a report...I couldn't watch it even if I wanted to (which I really could have today...instead watched several episodes of Blue Bloods that I've been missing out on) thanks to it be on FS1 instead of Fox. :cry:

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/nascar-cup-highlights/exclusive-close-look-at-the-chastain-vs-gragson-fight/