NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

1 hour ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Sorry for my letting y'all down. ;) 

You didn't let us down cousin! :) Hey, it happens to all of us! We have things get in our way and we have no choice!

Thank you so much Cuz. That means a lot. I could have opted to stay home, but I'd still have the other stuff to do. ;) Thank you so much. :D 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

No reactions left but thanks for the updates. Good to hear Chase finished second. 

Thank you Roger. Yes. I was excited to see Chase finish second! 

You got that right Hobie. Garrett  always keeps us updated and we appreciate it. Spike too. 

Thank you Roger. I try to do my best to do so... :D 

most definitely! :) 

Thank you so much Hobie. Y'all are the best!

I'm wondering if they'll pay any attention to me though, when I'm racing  in the Moon Shine 400???

Oooo what channel is that on? Who are you racing against? Is that in Hazzard County? I'll be rooting for ya! 

The 2023 F1 season finally starts this weekend with the Bahrain Grand Prix, and the big news is that Lewis Hamilton will be allowed to wear his nose studs in the car despite a jewelry ban. OK, there are bigger stories, but that still got a mention.

The Red Bulls of Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez looked quick in the practice sessions, but it was Fernando Alonso in his first race for Aston Martin who headed the second practice this afternoon. Whether that translates into a good starting position will be determined in tomorrow's qualifying. Mercedes seem to be starting the season off the pace again, but we'll find out on Sunday.

Am glad to see F1 season is starting for you Hoss. I hope that your team and your drivers will have a great first race and a great season.

On that note, I am taking a break from HNet. I need to focus on my schooling and on life. I hope someone better will be able to do the NASCAR reports for you all. I am honored I was able to do them when I was able to. I am a quiet person and don't talk much...but do love talking NASCAR.

Best of luck to you all. 

PS: GO CHASE ELLIOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One news story before I leave I guess.

Looks like Josh Berry will be filling in this weekend for Chase Elliott at Las Vegas as Chase Elliott has suffered a leg injury during snow boarding in Colorado and has had surgery on it on Friday.

I am beyond heart broken. Sad. Upset. And will boycot the race. Hopefully Alex Bowman or William Byron will win now. ;) 

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2023/03/03/chase-elliott-to-miss-las-vegas-race-due-to-leg-injury/

4 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Am glad to see F1 season is starting for you Hoss. I hope that your team and your drivers will have a great first race and a great season.

On that note, I am taking a break from HNet. I need to focus on my schooling and on life. I hope someone better will be able to do the NASCAR reports for you all. I am honored I was able to do them when I was able to. I am a quiet person and don't talk much...but do love talking NASCAR.

Best of luck to you all. 

PS: GO CHASE ELLIOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a bummer but we understand. Check in with us once in awhile if you find the time. You are loved here and we look forward to your return. Maybe Spike will take up the slack. 

12 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Such a bummer about Chase Elliott. Will make this season much less exciting. 

Yes it will be. I read he will be out indefinitely. :( Am so sad and mad. This is an ongoing issue whether or not the drivers should be able to participate in dangerous play or work outside of racing. I remember they wanted Carl Edwards to stop his backflips in fear of him getting hurt. He never did, so he must have won. I understand the drivers wanting to have fun and do their thing outside of work...but still. Look what happens when they do things like this...they get hurt and everyone else pays for it. LOL. It's a hard solution...I wouldn't want anyone telling me what I can and can not do outside of work either. Then again, I am too scared to do anything that may result in injury. LOL. I bet my man Jeff Gordon gave ol Chase Elliott a talking to. 

See? This is why baseball is better than NASCAR. One guy get's hurt you got the whole team to fall back on. As much as I love all Hendrick drivers, Chase Elliott is my guy. Now I don't got no one to fall back on that I can get too excited for. Will root for Bowman, Byron, and Larson, but they aren't the same as Elliott. 

7 hours ago, HossC said:

As Roger said, stay in touch and stop by to say "hello" every now and then. Remember, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!

13 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

That's a bummer but we understand. Check in with us once in awhile if you find the time. You are loved here and we look forward to your return. Maybe Spike will take up the slack. 

Thank you Hoss and Roger. Sorry to leave. Just feel like it's time. Will miss everyone here. I bet Spike will do a better job at keeping you all updated.

I am already a dull person...can't get any worse, Hoss. ;) 

Keep it between the ditches, y'all!

16 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

+1 !! We'll miss you bud! Come back SOON!  (  Since Chase won't be there, you can root for my boy, Hobie JR....he'll be  in the race! :) ) 

Yes it will be. I read he will be out indefinitely. :( Am so sad and mad. This is an ongoing issue whether or not the drivers should be able to participate in dangerous play or work outside of racing. I remember they wanted Carl Edwards to stop his backflips in fear of him getting hurt. He never did, so he must have won. I understand the drivers wanting to have fun and do their thing outside of work...but still. Look what happens when they do things like this...they get hurt and everyone else pays for it. LOL. It's a hard solution...I wouldn't want anyone telling me what I can and can not do outside of work either. Then again, I am too scared to do anything that may result in injury. LOL. I bet my man Jeff Gordon gave ol Chase Elliott a talking to. 

I think that the active lifestyle goes with the job and the money. A lot of the F1 drivers enjoy interesting hobbies and pastimes. It doesn't even have to be play. Aston Martin's Lance Stroll injured himself in a cycling accident while training for the new season. He missed pre-season testing, but in qualifying today he put his car in 8th place for tomorrow's race.

The Red Bulls locked out the front row of the grid for tomorrow's Bahrain Grand Prix, but gaps between the other cars were pretty tight, so we should have some close racing this year.

Thank you Hoss and Roger. Sorry to leave. Just feel like it's time. Will miss everyone here. I bet Spike will do a better job at keeping you all updated.

I am already a dull person...can't get any worse, Hoss. ;) 

Keep it between the ditches, y'all!

January of next year will mark 20 years since you first came to HN so you are a bit of an institution here. Please check in once in awhile and let us know how you are doing. We like your NASCAR updates but don't feel obligated to do that. You sound busy and we've all been there. Log in any time. As long as HN exists your cousins will be here for you. 

January of next year will mark 20 years since you first came to HN so you are a bit of an institution here. Please check in once in awhile and let us know how you are doing. We like your NASCAR updates but don't feel obligated to do that. You sound busy and we've all been there. Log in any time. As long as HN exists your cousins will be here for you. 

+1 ! Right on!!

Well y'all have talked me into taking all that back. That and the fact that I keep coming back, despite what I said. LOL. I miss checking in. May just have to limit how much time I am on here. So I apologize for my post and I apologize if I am ruining your excitement at my supposed departure.

Really...twenty years? You really know how to age me, Roger. HA! 

Which shows...y'all just can't get rid of me. ;)

As for Chase Elliott...he has a fractured tibia. Doesn't sound good. I agree Hoss...I think the more money, the more play they get that will get them injured. Chase will be out indefinitely as of right now. Which has me feeling loss...I don't really have a backup driver as I did when Gordon was racing. It was Johnson and Jr. Now both of them are retired...or semi retired in Johnson's case. . .

Go Team Hendrick...LOL

Welcome back! Long time no see! :) 

Chase will be out indefinitely as of right now. Which has me feeling loss...I don't really have a backup driver as I did when Gordon was racing. It was Johnson and Jr. Now both of them are retired...or semi retired in Johnson's case. . .

You can always cheer for my boy Hobie Jr. !!   :)   He's the best left handed driver in NASCAR! ......( comes from  keeping one hand on the wheel and one hand on the  Beer! LOL!)

Chase will be out indefinitely as of right now. Which has me feeling loss...I don't really have a backup driver as I did when Gordon was racing. It was Johnson and Jr. Now both of them are retired...or semi retired in Johnson's case. . .

You can always cheer for my boy Hobie Jr. !!   :)   He's the best left handed driver in NASCAR! ......( comes from  keeping one hand on the wheel and one hand on the  Beer! LOL!)

Drinking and driving, eh? That's scary in normal driving, not a lone going two hundred miles per hour. LOL. What manufacture does he drive? What number? LOL 

PS: Dale Earnhardt Jr is left handed...though I highly doubt for the same reasons. HA! 

9 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well y'all have talked me into taking all that back. That and the fact that I keep coming back, despite what I said. LOL. I miss checking in. May just have to limit how much time I am on here. 

Okay, I'll admit it. There have been times when I have  logged in out of obligation and not because I felt like it. That's probably not a rare feeling for us long time regulars. Loyalty is important but so is fun. If you are taking something too seriously and finding out it isn't as much fun you have 5 options: 1) Quit. 2) Walk away for a bit. 3) Attitude adjustment. 4) Limit your time. 5) A combination of 2, 3 and 4.

We're happy you reconsidered. Definitely don't worry about feeling all the pressure of the NASCAR reports. If Spike or Hoss don't post updates, people can always Google that info. Of course that's not as much fun as coming to a place like Hazzard County with such strong NASCAR ties. The HazzardNet is a lot of fun and if it ever gets to a point where it's not, just follow the advice of your old wise Uncle Roger....reread this post, go with options 2,3,4 or 5....but never option 1.....or we're sending that bloodhound Flash out to hunt you down and drag you back!